Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your View of Arizona

Victor.

In the latest MD (vol 47, no 8 – SEP 10) you mention Arizona being a “racist state” . . . ha, that sounds a little racist itself, doesn’t it?

And, currently, Arizona DOES recognize MLK Day (as of 2000) – and rightfully so, if anyone is to be recognized, it was him . . . more applause for people like him, less for those like Ted Kennedy, Al Sharpton and Barrack Obama.

Also, if you’re inciting the 1070 bill as part of your “racist” statement, please see the federal guidelines, as 1070 is a mere appeal to facilitate the current federal law – but as we’ve seen, our last few Presidents have failed to nail this national security measure down – always too busy campaigning, or worried about what people will think while they’re campaigning. The bill merely requires officials to inquire for ID during a LAWFUL stop, eerrr, ie – when one gets pulled over for speeding, you must present ID, but apparently that is a racist proposition . . . why are we always apologizing for common sense? Sheeesh, I have to present ID to use my debit, let alone WHEN I GET PULLED OVER, and I’m a tax-paying citizen!

Youre a talented bodybuilder, I believe one of the best out there . . . but your views on Arizona might need a little facelift – kinda reminds me of reading about Dennis Wolfe’s viewpoints on how “bad the USA was . . . uuhhh, didn’t he MOVE here?

Jesus Bless
    Hebrew Hammer

Why did Arizona wait until 2000 to recognize MLK day?
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Dont try to reason in this case Ron, it wont work....
      I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
        because all of the $$ lost through boycott's etc....anyone remember Public Enemy's song "By the time I get to Arizona"?
        Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Comment

Not sure of all the politics behind it - and not concerned . . . besides, politics and politicians - ALL OF EM are crooked agenda-driven buttholes. MLK certainly deserves recognition, however I dont think Public Enemy had a whole lot to do with it, regardless, we rightfully observe it.

My point is, people make generalizations while calling others the racist (ie - "You wont see me in AZ, that 'racist' state")? Its a tired argument, and of all industries, should not be an issue in bodybuilding . . . from the outside looking in, this sport is one of the most colorblind? Might be mistaken - what do I know, I'm a Jew-Born-Again-Christian-Regular-White(ish)-Guy, so no one likes me anyway.

Comment

also, Dkalban . . . "Dont try to reason in this case Ron, it wont work.... " . . . why wont it "work"? we know each other?

Comment

There is usually some truth behind stereotypes - my area of the country tends to be more liberal than say, the South or Midwest.
              Muscular Development Online Editor
              FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

I'll gladly show my passport to every cop I pass in Arizona so long as everyone else does, too

Comment

Originally posted by hebrewhammer View Post
                  Not sure of all the politics behind it - and not concerned . . . besides, politics and politicians - ALL OF EM are crooked agenda-driven buttholes. MLK certainly deserves recognition, however I dont think Public Enemy had a whole lot to do with it, regardless, we rightfully observe it.

My point is, people make generalizations while calling others the racist (ie - "You wont see me in AZ, that 'racist' state")? Its a tired argument, and of all industries, should not be an issue in bodybuilding . . . from the outside looking in, this sport is one of the most colorblind? Might be mistaken - what do I know, I'm a Jew-Born-Again-Christian-Regular-White(ish)-Guy, so no one likes me anyway.
                  LOL....I'm not delusional enough to think an old ass PE song had anything to do with the law changing...just thought that was an interesting tidbit. That's one thing that's beautiful about America...Arizona can do whatever they like, and the rest of the country if they don't agree can choose not to spend money there
                  Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Comment

Originally posted by hebrewhammer View Post
                    also, Dkalban . . . "Dont try to reason in this case Ron, it wont work.... " . . . why wont it "work"? we know each other?
                    Because youre taking all your points from far right pundits, thats why....

Also, born again christians in my opinion/experience are notoriously stubborn in their opinions, which tend to be far right.
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

READ THE BILL. It is very clear that you NEED to be pulled over for a violation. They can't just stop everyone who looks hispanic. You need to : 1.) Have committed a crime.
                      2.) There needs to be reasonable suspician that you are not here legaly ie. No ID, unable to speak English, or something like that. Hardly racist. No one read the bill the same way no one read the Health Care Bill and thought we were getting "FREE" health care. Prime example of how the media misconstrues things to fit their agenda.

Comment

Yes DVA, no one read the bill, and "heard, saw or were told" it was racist, therefore jumped on that tired rickety old bandwagon . . .

BigOSO, that was quite a nice retro pull, and I can appreciate it for sure.

Dkalban, sorry youre interaction with 'born-agains' has been distasteful, but Im not surprised. Christians are human, and some put on the holier than others jumpsuit, and it leaves outsiders thinking all Christians are like that. What Christians are supposed to do is - live like Jesus did. Clearly a daunting task, one that is impossible, but we are to strive to do so. I fall far shorter than most, but am glad that He is bigger and better than what my worst is, and that He doesn't care about any man made, absurd prefix (ie - Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant, etc - none of that is in the Bible, just follow Jesus) or what political affiliation I observe . . . I do know, however that Jesus Christ is a Dallas Cowboy fan, and that Redskin, Eagles and Steeler fans have to pray a little harder than most . . . ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                          Because up till 2000 the black population in AZ was 2% Now thanks to GWB with the stock market crash and housing crash blacks have been moving here in droves.

Comment

Not sure GWB had a ton to do w the housing crash, he tried to lock down Freddie & Fannie, but no one wanted to do so . . . but I live here, and youre right - its CRASHED . . . our house is worth half what it was a year after we bought . . . yippeeee!! Foreclosures all around us . . . .

Comment

i heard that a lot about arizona...so wtf is going on there with the people?

Comment

Working...
                              X