Announcement

Collapse

Women's sections zero tolerance.

The women's section here at Muscular Development are a zero tolerance area. This includes every female member of the forum.

Any insults or trolling no matter how subtle it is will be deleted & you will receive an infraction.

Second offense will be a vacation from the site. The length of the ban will be up to the acting moderator.
See more
See less

Let's get to know each other. I'll start.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Que_66 View Post
    Hello, my name is Sue and I'm a lurking wannabe.

I attended my first Figure/BB show in 2005 as a spectator and was able to meet some wonderful people of whom I have the utmost respect for. I credit that event and the people I met with changing my life and helping me re-focus and prepare for the crap-storm that was coming. It came and lasted for a few years. It's been a pretty rough ride for me but I resolved to pick myself up after each and every fall. The storm is subsiding.

I am:
    --a lurker. I spend most of my time reading threads and following the progress of competitors. (Sallyanne, Sassy, TammyP & TamiB to name a few)
    --Age 41
    --5'4"
    --mother of two (21 & 19)
    --grandmother of one (age 2)
    --a former Marine
    --the youngest of 14
    --an IT person (DB work & Helpdesk but I love hardware)
    --living in sin with my bestfriend/boyfriend. (Since May 2007 )
    --socially retarded
    (I want Sallyanne's job - "you don't have to be nice to dirt!" )
    --enrolled in 2 IT related college courses that begin in Jan'08 (Yeah me!)
    --sensitive to stims
    --trying to loose fat, flab and bad mental habits
    --battling a shoulder injury (it's not fully diagnosed yet)
    --probably going to be diagnosed as hypertensive/pre-hypertensive when I go back to the doc this week.
    --called 'The Food Nazi' by people I work with. (If you keep eating crap - I'll keep telling you it's crap)

I have:
    --worked 2 jobs for almost 2 yrs and as of 12/1/07 - no more 2nd job
    --not cooked with salt in years
    --rarely used salt in years
    --crappy genetics
    --defeated myself at every fat loss attempt I've made in the last 3 yrs.
    --been called a 'wannabe' more than once
    (I wannabe better than I am and I refuse to stop trying)
    --no desire to compete but I would like to look like I could.
    --a BF who supports my fitness efforts - I haven't had that kind of support in years and it makes a difference.
    --several belly dance videos that I use on a regular basis. I love it and want to learn more but there are no local instructors and I can't travel to another city for lessons at this time. (I see that Bikerchic likes BD also)

I restarted my diet and training yesterday but I'm still waiting on my supps to arrive. Diet is roughly 40/30/30 but will be adjusted as needed. I have to 'take it easy' until the doc clears me on the bp issue and we figure out what I did to my shoulder. That means no heavy lifting and I'm supposed to do steady state cardio and not HIIT because the doc doesn't want my bp shooting up....blah blah blah

Well I think I've rambled on long enough. If you would like to know anything else please feel free to ask.

In the mean time I'll have my nose in a thread(s) reading up on how to properly train with hypertension, reading about shoulder issues and shaking my pom poms for those competing in 2008. (I'm a good cheerleader!)

Happy New Year!

Hey girly! No more wannabe'ing! It's yours! Get it! Two steps to it - getting the basics of fitness & nutrition and the second is making it your own - i.e. learning how to tweak it for you.

We're watching you too!

Comment

• I actually just sat down & read this whole thread. (Much more productive than that "Is Womens BB dying a slow death" thread on the No Bull forum...)

Here's me...

Name: Jill
      Nickname -- no true,nicknames although I've been called "Jilbert" a few times, as well as "Jillybean" and other stuff like that. The screen name "Sassy69" because I used to go by "BBChick" years ago, but a friend & I used to do obnoxious things to people on a particular chat board so I wanted to start over w/ a persona completely different. So I picked "Sassy69" because it sounds so completely girly & suggestive and completely opposite of the seriously fitness obsessed computer nerd that I am.. And it stuck
      - 1 cat - cc - 16 yrs old, 18 lbs.. my best bud. We rode out Hurricane Andrew together in 1992 and I've dragged him across the country 2x South to North & back, and 1x East to West. (No kids)
      - currently living w/ my hotty bf who is also a bodybuilder and 9 yrs younger than me
      - Born in Duluth, Minnesota in 1965 (Same year Gold's Gym was born!)
      - Moved to Tempe, AZ for school (BS, Physics, Arizona State - GO DEVILS!)
      - Moved to FL for work, completed my MS Computer Science at FL Atlantic U (Go Owls!), then my MBA in Int' Biz at U of Miami (Go Canes!).
      - Moved to Atlanta for work in 2005, and then to the Bay Area last year.
      - Did research on Halley's Comet for a NASA funded project in the mid 80s, got a number of publications w/ my professor on our research.
      - Was a software engineer for 10 yrs - everything from Motorolal pagers to Voice over IP stuff.
      - Worked 10 yrs as a software product mgr in webhosting, hosted software and currently, custom engineering manager for an email marketing company.
      - Photo debut in Sally's 2008 Buff Calendar Girls calendar (Jan 2009 )
      - I hate being cold - IThe irony of this is that I grew up in N. Minnesota and I'm basically a blonde-haired, blue-eyed Swedish German Slav who says Ya Shoor Yoo betcha, and IMO West Palm Beach is too far north.
      - Certified PADI SCUBA Dive Master, worked dive charters on the weekens in Pompano Beach, FL. LOVE catching & eating FL Lobster. Never got into spearfishing, but Hog Snapper is the best white fish on the planet!
      - Certified bartender (LOL Yes I took the class..) but never actually tended bar - I do get a kick out of seeing it sit next to my college degrees
      - Started lifting in 1981 at our local YMCA, hired my first trainer in 1991 and have been learning everywhere I can ever since.
      - First BB show in 2000. Just did my 4th show at the 2007 NPC San Fran and won the overall.

I've been on MD the last few months but on muscle boards since late 1999. Probably spend too much time on muscle boards, but like mentioned above, BB is a unique sport and you don't find many muscle girls in daily life.

I've been in this stuff a loooong time, but never really had anyone around me to clue me in on seriously heavy training or competition until 1999. I'm happy to say I've got a great supply of "mature muscle" and my challenges these days lie in rehabbing all the tendonitis I've developed over the years and dialing in for "the big shows".. .hopefully hitting the USAs this summer.

I am LOVING all the ladies who hang out on MD and I"ve had some great chances to meet many of them either at my shows / their shows or the big events like the Arnold or the O. I've probably met nearly 50 people in real life that I"ve met on various boards over the years. Many I count among my dearest friends. I'm hoping to meet more in real life this coming year, between living in the Bay Area and hopefully making it to the big events and some national shows.

I have to say that just about every women I've met who is into the whole fitness thing, is an amazing story. I hate that so many girls and women feel like they are victims of their own bodies and the US population is just getting fatter and fatter. And yet the women who do "get it' are beyond amazing ... the accomplishments, the challenges, at any age, starting in any situation, and coming out w/ strength (literally!) and confidence that it is just a tragedy that it isn't grabbed at by every female on the planet. I don't work in the fitness industry at all, but I do my best at every turn to inspire people and blow the stereotypes while constantly challenging myself w/ this totally different (my family thinks its just weird) and unique sport & pastime.

Comment

• Jill

You are just the coolest woman.

Super smart too, brains, brawn and beauty, no wonder you have a toy boy

Respect

x
        x
        x

T

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatyana View Post
          Jill

You are just the coolest woman.

Super smart too, brains, brawn and beauty, no wonder you have a toy boy

Respect

x
          x
          x

T

My boytoy ain't too shabby either

Its good company we've got in this sport too!

Comment

• hi everyone!
            my name is Anastasia, if i'll tell you my middle name and my last name it might take you all night to read it!
            i moved to OKC from Russia in 1998 with my mom.
            i'll be 25 on 15th of this month.
            i was married for 2 yrs. and finally my divorce was final in sept of 07. it took 2 yrs to get this mess over with.
            i have a 6yr. old son PJ
            currently i'm a club(gym) manager and a trainer, also going to school to be a NICU nurce. i have 2 1/2 more yrs. i'll get there sooner or later
            i'm 5'4 and 147lbs, trying to gain 10-15 more lbs. until summer so i can compete in october. i want to get huge and naturally as possible.
            i'm buying me a Yorkie for my birthday, no other pets so far, besides my son, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Eddie View Post
              Hey and I definately enjoy watching them too Sue.

And yes your dancer avi for sure is the epidomy of Elegance.

Reminds me of my all-time favorite BB . . Rachel McLish.

She was such a great a poser and had been a dancer as well.

So Sue , one other thing I wonder if your looking to attend any major shows this years?

Like NPC USA or Nationals . . or Ms. Olympia.
              Originally posted by Sassy69 View Post
              Hey girly! No more wannabe'ing! It's yours! Get it! Two steps to it - getting the basics of fitness & nutrition and the second is making it your own - i.e. learning how to tweak it for you.

We're watching you too!
              Mr. Eddie
              LOL I'm sure we like watching them for different reasons.

Love Rachel McLish - I remember watching her and Cory Everson and dreaming about looking like that.

Now I'm working toward making it happen.

For the last 2 years - I've been planning on attending the Northern Kentucky in March of 2008 as a spectator - It's been a reward that I've planned for myself but recently those plans got nixed as my youngest daughter is graduating boot camp around that time. (I'm still trying to figure out a way to attend at least 1 show but shhhhhhh on that-I only live an hour north )

I would like to attend the Jr Nationals as a spectator in June/July(?) of this year but I just have to wait and see (my birthday is in June and I'll be asking for this as my gift )

AND I'd like to attend the Arnold in 2009 as a spectator.

DaQueenSassy - You have no idea how much you have helped me and influenced me over the last couple of years. Mucho

I've strapped my a** to the wagon this time, food is fuel and fat is no longer a friend

I've lost 3lbs this week and did a re-feed today by eating more of my normal foods - like the 11 oz sweet tater. No junk here.

Comment

Hello, my name is Sue and I'm a lurking wannabe.

I attended my first Figure/BB show in 2005 as a spectator and was able to meet some wonderful people of whom I have the utmost respect for. I credit that event and the people I met with changing my life and helping me re-focus and prepare for the crap-storm that was coming. It came and lasted for a few years. It's been a pretty rough ride for me but I resolved to pick myself up after each and every fall. The storm is subsiding.

I am:
                --a lurker. I spend most of my time reading threads and following the progress of competitors. (Sallyanne, Sassy, TammyP & TamiB to name a few)
                --Age 41
                --5'4"
                --mother of two (21 & 19)
                --grandmother of one (age 2)
                --a former Marine
                --the youngest of 14
                --an IT person (DB work & Helpdesk but I love hardware)
                --living in sin with my bestfriend/boyfriend. (Since May 2007 )
                --socially retarded
                (I want Sallyanne's job - "you don't have to be nice to dirt!" )
                --enrolled in 2 IT related college courses that begin in Jan'08 (Yeah me!)
                --sensitive to stims
                --trying to loose fat, flab and bad mental habits
                --battling a shoulder injury (it's not fully diagnosed yet)
                --probably going to be diagnosed as hypertensive/pre-hypertensive when I go back to the doc this week.
                --called 'The Food Nazi' by people I work with. (If you keep eating crap - I'll keep telling you it's crap)

I have:
                --worked 2 jobs for almost 2 yrs and as of 12/1/07 - no more 2nd job
                --not cooked with salt in years
                --rarely used salt in years
                --crappy genetics
                --defeated myself at every fat loss attempt I've made in the last 3 yrs.
                --been called a 'wannabe' more than once
                (I wannabe better than I am and I refuse to stop trying)
                --no desire to compete but I would like to look like I could.
                --a BF who supports my fitness efforts - I haven't had that kind of support in years and it makes a difference.
                --several belly dance videos that I use on a regular basis. I love it and want to learn more but there are no local instructors and I can't travel to another city for lessons at this time. (I see that Bikerchic likes BD also)

I restarted my diet and training yesterday but I'm still waiting on my supps to arrive. Diet is roughly 40/30/30 but will be adjusted as needed. I have to 'take it easy' until the doc clears me on the bp issue and we figure out what I did to my shoulder. That means no heavy lifting and I'm supposed to do steady state cardio and not HIIT because the doc doesn't want my bp shooting up....blah blah blah

Well I think I've rambled on long enough. If you would like to know anything else please feel free to ask.

In the mean time I'll have my nose in a thread(s) reading up on how to properly train with hypertension, reading about shoulder issues and shaking my pom poms for those competing in 2008. (I'm a good cheerleader!)

Happy New Year!
                Que!! How ya doin'???
                hardcoregymregistry.com * prettybuff.com * myspace.com/sallyagin

Comment

• Wow ladies (and brave dudes posting in the ladies locker room! )

I an honored that you have all decided to share your lives with us.

Comment

For the last 2 years - I've been planning on attending the Northern Kentucky in March of 2008 as a spectator - It's been a reward that I've planned for myself but recently those plans got nixed as my youngest daughter is graduating boot camp around that time. (I'm still trying to figure out a way to attend at least 1 show but shhhhhhh on that-I only live an hour north )

I would like to attend the Jr Nationals as a spectator in June/July(?) of this year but I just have to wait and see (my birthday is in June and I'll be asking for this as my gift )
                    Both excellent shows. Just LOOOONG. Bring a snack & a magazine for the N KY -- its the largest single night NPC show on the calendar and it will easily run until 1 am. Some very good friends are judges and I really enjoyed watching it the last time I went. Just a long ass drive up from Atlanta!

Originally posted by Que_66 View Post
                    AND I'd like to attend the Arnold in 2009 as a spectator.
                    Something to be experienced if only once in a lifetime!

Originally posted by Que_66 View Post
                    DaQueenSassy - You have no idea how much you have helped me and influenced me over the last couple of years. Mucho

I've strapped my a** to the wagon this time, food is fuel and fat is no longer a friend

I've lost 3lbs this week and did a re-feed today by eating more of my normal foods - like the 11 oz sweet tater. No junk here.
                    A pleasure to perform for you! Its a life-long adventure for me, certainly lots of ups & downs, what I like to call "learning experiences", but I am more and more excited by the growth and spreading of women in fitness and who aren't scared to throw around the big plates. Most empowering!

Its been stated ... the ass is strapped and the wagon train has left the station (lol mixing metaphors!) Embrace it and see what God gave ya to work with!

Comment

• Originally posted by sallyanne View Post
                      Que!! How ya doin'???
                      Hello beautiful! - love the hair in the avi!

Originally posted by Sassy69 View Post
                      Both excellent shows. Just LOOOONG. Bring a snack & a magazine for the N KY -- its the largest single night NPC show on the calendar and it will easily run until 1 am. Some very good friends are judges and I really enjoyed watching it the last time I went. Just a long ass drive up from Atlanta!

Something to be experienced if only once in a lifetime!

A pleasure to perform for you! Its a life-long adventure for me, certainly lots of ups & downs, what I like to call "learning experiences", but I am more and more excited by the growth and spreading of women in fitness and who aren't scared to throw around the big plates. Most empowering!

Its been stated ... the ass is strapped and the wagon train has left the station (lol mixing metaphors!) Embrace it and see what God gave ya to work with!
                      1 am - wow!.
                      I'm doing my best and planning for success

Comment

• Originally posted by sallyanne View Post
                        Wow ladies (and brave dudes posting in the ladies locker room! )

I an honored that you have all decided to share your lives with us.

Since ninja loco was brave enough...

-My name is DBowden, .
                        - I have three children, and one Granddaughter
                        - I have no GF. I have been married, I am currently Divorced
                        - I am 51
                        - I am 6'3 I currently weigh around 227
                        - I work for myself as a Project manager/ analyst.
                        - I am a home owner
                        - I do not compete nor do I have any intention to.
                        - I am currently bodybuilding training, to see if I can get as close to where I was as a young bodybuilder, 225 and highly defined.
                        - I have lived a bodybuilding lifestyle, since I was 18
                        - I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs.
                        - I love animals and children
                        - I am a zen buddhist.
                        - My hobbies are gardening, music ( I play several instruments)

I once upon a time, many years ago, was someone's 'boy toy'
                        Now I am no one's 'toy' at all
                        Last edited by Buadain; January 6th, 2008, 12:34 PM.
                        My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHarp View Post
                          - My name is F.A. Harper
                          - I have a puppy a dashhound
                          - I am living in sin w/ my girlfriend
                          - I graduated from Winston-Salem State University (HBCU)
                          - I am certified through AAAI/ISMA
                          - I also sell high end fitness equipment

- - I have lost over 100lbs. Now I am 20lbs heavier than I should be

- I live in Lawrenceville GA, 45 mins from ATL

-I am a comic book geek. Canít help it. Its in my blood
                          - I am training at least one woman for a figure contest in April. I may be training another.

-Life goal is to own a personal training studio or a full size gym (just like every other trainer out there)
                          I hope I can learn a lot from you guys and gals.
                          I live about 45 min north east of you above gainesville! Nice to see a fellow GEORGIAN!
                          http://www.myspace.com/amandagano

Comment

• MY TURN

okay I will woman up and tell me...though I am pretty darn boring myself!
                            • My real names is obviously Amanda Carissa Frankum Gano
                            • I have been married since April 27, 2002 and been with my hubby since July of 2000
                            • I have 4 cats---1 of them is my baby Tiger...he is our son and he knows it.
                            • I work for a police department currently its cool but repetitive.
                            • I want to be a police officer and get my personal training and nutritional certification.
                            • I went from 200lbs size 18 down to 112lbs size 00 a few years ago.
                            • I obviously developed an eating disorder during that time.
                            • I gained back quite a bit of weight in a years time frame and I am now about 155 lbs
                            • I have been lifting nearly daily for 7months now.
                            • I have had many jobs and didn't like most of them.
                            • I have a lot of dreams and hope to be in a magazine one day...MD, Fitness ** or Natural BB
                            • after my eating disorder I gained weight because I wanted to start a family with my hubby and had amenorea from not eating...I have been trying for nearly 2 years to no avail.
                            • I developed an over eating disorder while TRYING to gain weight the WRONG way
                            • I love reading self help books and health books
                            • I have lived in NE georgia most of my life with the exception of 3 years in florida where my hubby grew up.
                            • I drive a 2003 mitsubishi eclipse that my hubby got me for our wedding...awesome!
                            • I am broke most the time and want more than anything to get outta debt.
                            • I am a hard worker and when I get set on something I have to get it done.
                            • my friends nickname for me is Ms. Dedicated
                            • I have a few best friends, my hubby, my mom, my sister, Cyndy (co-worker), Jared in florida and Tiffany in florida.
                            • I love to learn about healthy eating and working out.
                            • I am willing to try most things 1 time
                            • I have had a very bad habit since I was 12 off and on...currently on...I picked up smoking after being quit for a year about 3 weeks ago.
                            • I am so hard on myself it makes my hubby mad.
                            • I expect everything outta myself and nothing from others.
                            • I hate negativity or rudeness.
                            • I belive if you cant say something nice shut up!
                            that is ME!!!
                            http://www.myspace.com/amandagano

Comment

• Hi!!

I'm Suzy
                              age 35
                              own a tanning salon
                              been with my soulmate, my Mr. Brown for almost 16 years!
                              no kids and our fur kids have passed away
                              have just 1 goal -- get on stage! I wanna figure compete!!

I was a gym worker, then an instructor, then a trainer... now all I do is work my own flabby butt out, but the tanning industry sucks tigerballs so who knows, I might be back in the gym someday, shakin for da ching...

I'm 3 months into my training, another 3 months and I'll look like Sassy69 (HAW), wanna do a Powerhouse show in April.

I'm at 22% body fat tho I think my growth and definition is getting there but I know I'll have to kick ass to drop the flab by then. I got nothing else going on tho, so I'm focused like a lasar beam.

Here's what I look like now. Be kind, I know I'm no Brittney...

PS I LOVE this board. I love that there are so many pro ladies. I read a lot, don't have much to say, but I'm sucking it up!!! Thanks for having me!

Comment

• Ms. Suzy, you look fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X