Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
2 of 2 < >

Women's sections zero tolerance.

The women's section here at Muscular Development are a zero tolerance area. This includes every female member of the forum.

Any insults or trolling no matter how subtle it is will be deleted & you will receive an infraction.

Second offense will be a vacation from the site. The length of the ban will be up to the acting moderator.
See more
See less

Let's get to know each other. I'll start.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Que_66 View Post
    Cool people grow things.

I grow roses. I enjoy gardening but I live in town to the only gardening I get to do is growing roses and mowing the grass. I have a small yard.

This year I intend on tearing out all of the landscaping around the house and re-doing it. I don't think any of the rose bushes survived the cold weather but I won't know until spring. I also intend on growing some veggies in containers or large pots.
    What state do you live in? Roses should be able to make it just about everywhere - but you have to plant them differently where it's really cold. In really cold climates, you need to plant rose bushes with the graft below the soil. Warmer places (where I live) you can plant with the graft above the soil.
    hardcoregymregistry.com * prettybuff.com * myspace.com/sallyagin

Comment

• Originally posted by sallyanne View Post
      What state do you live in? Roses should be able to make it just about everywhere - but you have to plant them differently where it's really cold. In really cold climates, you need to plant rose bushes with the graft below the soil. Warmer places (where I live) you can plant with the graft above the soil.
      Indiana, Zone 5. I've been pretty lucky with my roses and usually only loose 1 rosebush per year (if any) but I'll be moving them this year also.

Comment

• Hey all! I'm new to the MD forums. I'm 22 and love to workout. I've been involved in fitness all my life but recently I've become interested in figure and competing is my ultimate goal. Currently I'm carrying a little extra baggage than I would like (I'm 5'9'' about 145 but with a nice layer of fat over the muscle) I figure what better way to get crackin than to chat w/other women who are interested in the same stuff I am?
        You can't push yourself forward by patting yourself on the back.

Comment

• Originally posted by jess5485 View Post
          Hey all! I'm new to the MD forums. I'm 22 and love to workout. I've been involved in fitness all my life but recently I've become interested in figure and competing is my ultimate goal. Currently I'm carrying a little extra baggage than I would like (I'm 5'9'' about 145 but with a nice layer of fat over the muscle) I figure what better way to get crackin than to chat w/other women who are interested in the same stuff I am?
          Hello! Welcome to MD. Have you been to the figure/fitness forum yet? Lots of good info there. Same with the training journals.

Comment

• Not yet I imagine there's some awesome info! I plan on doing the transformation contest ALRI is holding on one of the forums. It starts Feb. 11 so I'm ready to go! I figure this will be my first shot at seeing how truly disciplined I am when it comes to any type of competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by jess5485 View Post
              Not yet I imagine there's some awesome info! I plan on doing the transformation contest ALRI is holding on one of the forums. It starts Feb. 11 so I'm ready to go! I figure this will be my first shot at seeing how truly disciplined I am when it comes to any type of competition.
              Sounds like a good plan.
              Welcome to MD

Comment

• Originally posted by Que_66 View Post
                Indiana, Zone 5. I've been pretty lucky with my roses and usually only loose 1 rosebush per year (if any) but I'll be moving them this year also.

LOL I manage to kill cactus, aloe plants & bamboo....

Our little xmas tree "bush" is still kicking tho!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sassy69 View Post
                  LOL I manage to kill cactus, aloe plants & bamboo....

Our little xmas tree "bush" is still kicking tho!
                  You can kill cactus?

+++++growing vibes for the xmas tree bush thingy+++++

Comment

• Woo more hoosiers! ( I hate that name btw). My dad's a botanist at Purdue, and he's constantly fighting the Indiana weather to get things to grow too. He's stubborn and insists on trying to grow plants from California out here It's the double freezes we get that kills most of the garden each year.
                    I min/max my physique

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Spiko View Post
                      Woo more hoosiers! ( I hate that name btw). My dad's a botanist at Purdue, and he's constantly fighting the Indiana weather to get things to grow too. He's stubborn and insists on trying to grow plants from California out here It's the double freezes we get that kills most of the garden each year.
                      Does he have a greenhouse? That would solve his problems. I'd like to have one for the winters here so I can grow tomatoes all year. I live in the Arizona mountains, and it's been 13 degrees at night here for the past couple of months.

Comment

• Yes and no on the greenhouse. Everything he does for Purdue is obviously in a greenhouse. It's all the plants he brought here from California to his house that are the issue,; and no, none of the plants from cali he's trying to grow are the super fun kind either
                        I min/max my physique

Comment

• Hey I saw my mom kill a cactus once so it's possible. I just don't understand how...

Comment

• I'll go.....I've been a long time lurker and finally made the decision to get in shape for figure or MAYBE....BB! It depends on how my body changes. I've been in and out of the hospital for about 12 years with cancer and most recently pituitary tumor and endometriosis! Cancer....GONE, Endo(AND ALL FEMALE ORGANS )....GONE, tumor......barley visible! I spent my 20's out of shape and fatigued so now is the time to get healthy. I can't wait to pack on more muscle. I feel awesome and am so in love with this bb. BTW, you girls look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HeatherColleen View Post
                              I'll go.....I've been a long time lurker and finally made the decision to get in shape for figure or MAYBE....BB! It depends on how my body changes. I've been in and out of the hospital for about 12 years with cancer and most recently pituitary tumor and endometriosis! Cancer....GONE, Endo(AND ALL FEMALE ORGANS )....GONE, tumor......barley visible! I spent my 20's out of shape and fatigued so now is the time to get healthy. I can't wait to pack on more muscle. I feel awesome and am so in love with this bb. BTW, you girls look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

You need to talk with *Bunny* - http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=24884

She is also a cancer survivor and she's now getting ready to prep for a national show.

Much respect to you for all the suffering you have been through and for getting back into shape.

Comment

• Thank you for showing me that thread, wow, she's amazing. Thank you for that sweet comment. You look fabulous!

Comment

Working...
                                X