Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
2 of 2 < >

Women's sections zero tolerance.

The women's section here at Muscular Development are a zero tolerance area. This includes every female member of the forum.

Any insults or trolling no matter how subtle it is will be deleted & you will receive an infraction.

Second offense will be a vacation from the site. The length of the ban will be up to the acting moderator.
See more
See less

Let's get to know each other. I'll start.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kosko View Post
    ok my turn!!! im kate, im 21. married two years to the best man in the world, zach. he's really wantin to be a body builder but thinks he is too tall(6'3"). um i really want to get into fitness competing i have a thread called fitness crash course if anyone would like to offer advice cuz i really need it. i haven't really started any sort of training besides at least 30 min cardio/ abs a day. we always eat pretty clean but i LOVE to sneak :-). ive always been what i consider heavy at around 150. im 5'7''. fun facts im debating on being a midwife or a sonographer and haven't started school yet. lifes been a little delayed for me bc the hubby has been in the army this whole time stationed in the middle of NOWHERE, but we are finally going to be out and moving to pittsburgh in a few weeks. we have two beautiful sons Hogan a red nose pit and Batista a purple ribbon blue pit. um... i was a competitive cheerleader for 13 years as well as competing in beauty pageants and talent competitions for just as long so you can see why i wanna do the fitness thing...well thats pretty much it...
    thanks for listenin!!!
    Welcome Kate! Nice to have you here
    "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Hey!!! My name is Elise. I am a 23 year old stay at home mother with my beautiful daughter Adalynne who is going to be 2 in November. My husband, Seth Feroce, is the newest member to the MD team! I could not be more proud to have him as my husband. He is a fun, loving, excellent, friend, husband, and father...not to mention an excellent bodybuilder. I am excited to be on here, not only to support my husband, but also to meet new people and perhaps be able to vent about the life of being a wife of a bodybuilder because it can be extremely difficult at times..especially with a little one to take care of as well. I am also into training!! Seth and I lost a baby a couple months ago and working out really helped me get through that spot in my life. I am more focused now on training then ever before. My hopes are to get on stage at a Fitness competition probably in about 2 years. I was a gymnast for 10 years, so Fitness is right up my ally! I have put on 8 lbs of muscle since we lost the baby, and i must say, I have never felt as good as i do now! Thank you for inviting me to the locker room! I am excited to be on here

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Ferocious View Post
        Hey!!! My name is Elise. I am a 23 year old stay at home mother with my beautiful daughter Adalynne who is going to be 2 in November. My husband, Seth Feroce, is the newest member to the MD team! I could not be more proud to have him as my husband. He is a fun, loving, excellent, friend, husband, and father...not to mention an excellent bodybuilder. I am excited to be on here, not only to support my husband, but also to meet new people and perhaps be able to vent about the life of being a wife of a bodybuilder because it can be extremely difficult at times..especially with a little one to take care of as well. I am also into training!! Seth and I lost a baby a couple months ago and working out really helped me get through that spot in my life. I am more focused now on training then ever before. My hopes are to get on stage at a Fitness competition probably in about 2 years. I was a gymnast for 10 years, so Fitness is right up my ally! I have put on 8 lbs of muscle since we lost the baby, and i must say, I have never felt as good as i do now! Thank you for inviting me to the locker room! I am excited to be on here
        And we are glad to have you here!!!

You might want to take a look at the Women's Training Journals.

Several of us keep logs and blogs in there.

Heather Fankhouser keeps one that is like what you are talking about. We can get you one started like that too if you'd like. You can be thinking about it.

We MD ladies stick tight and stick together...and we are glad to have you!

Comment

• Sorry for the late response...we have just moved back to Pittsburgh, so it has been a busy busy couple of days. I would love to do something like Mrs. Fankhouser does, that would be great! If you could just give me more information on how to get it started and stuff, that would be great! thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Ferocious View Post
            Sorry for the late response...we have just moved back to Pittsburgh, so it has been a busy busy couple of days. I would love to do something like Mrs. Fankhouser does, that would be great! If you could just give me more information on how to get it started and stuff, that would be great! thank you
            Oh, yea!!!

Just PM me a little info you might want in there.

Or...if you aren't sure what you want, I'll just start it for you!

Title is the first thing to think of...

Comment

• I read this thread, second time in this section ever today and just want to say all you gals have amazing stories of how you got to where you are. Whether you compete or not you are all champs in overcoming and being unapologetic about it.

Ok since I put myself out there with my pics I will introduce myself

Name: Andrew
              Age: 40 for the past 2 weeks but feel not a day over 39.
              Height: 5'9
              Current weight: Bulked up 260lbs, funny about that is several months ago I could not fit in to size 40 pants while 20lbs lighter and can wear 38's with a wide leg now.
              Hair: None except the small remaining amount I choose to shave off every day or 3
              Eyes: Blue/Green

Occupation: well I just returned to a job I did for 14 years this past week after a 4 year absence
              Working out: I have worked out on and off mainly on since approx 1982-83. I started working out pretty much because I was short and overweight. I have spent the majority of my life since age 13. I have been fat, have been fat and muscular, muscular and skinny fat. Skinny fat took place when I was being my own enemy which came to an abrupt halt last Aug 2008. I was sick, addicted, homeless and hopeless.
              I had to lose everything including my life almost to be able to appreciate today that I don't have to do anything today, I "GET" to participate in life with all it's bells, whistles, warts, ugliness and beauty.

Working out and bodybuilding for me today is not a lifestyle, nor is it a hobby. It is part of the fabric of an ever evolving life plan in which progress, not perfection is the goal.
              I do have the love of it that I haven't felt since I was that naieve overweight teen who saw pictures of stallone in M&F Incline pressing 85lbs dumbells wondering how I would ever reach that kind of strength. The only difference between now and then is I don't want to fit in, I just do fit in with my own unique personality.

My current long term goals summarized would be....

1) to strive to be of value to myself and others in whatever I am doing to put food on the table. I am not my carreer, but when I am doing it I owe it to myself, my competitors and others to be the best.

2) to enter a bodybuilding master competition next fall, not to won but to finally do it. In my best shape obviously

3) instead of asking what kind of mate i want, will continue to become the kind of man that will meet the kind of woman that I can call soul mate.

4) Stay Hungry(I am a Arnold hag at heart), ie not settle for complacency. I had Stay Hungry put on my 1 year medallion for that very reason as all roads in my life started from where day 1 to that 1 year medallion became reality. So everyday I need to to decide when I wake up what road I am taking and it's the journey, not the destination I look forward to. And that determines how my job, my workouts, my personal life, body mind and soul will progress.

4) To continue giving back through volunteer work, because even though my life starts with me, it's not all about me.

My current hobbies, well I love reading, writing, film, comedy, hanging out with good friends, making new friends, flirting(I am shy however cough bullshit), cooking, eating said cooking, hanging out in the garden, and a million other things I will get to do as time goes on. Oh and my music tastes are pretty much all rock from classic, oldies, to punk, metal etc

Comment

• My name is Sarah Elizabeth Scott Turner
                I am 27 years old, and live in Charleston, South Carolina.
                As you can guess, I am a professional firefighter, and I absolutely love my job. I got into firefighting in 2001, before the September 11th attacks.
                I am also a full time student working on a PhD with intentions to graduate in 2016 with seventy million in student loans piled up.
                I have always been small, and I need to put on quite a bit of weight. I plan on competing in my first bodybuilding competition next spring, so we will see what happens. My eating right now is pretty much on point other than the sneaking of peanut m n m's and peanut butter.
                I don't really have this thing called "spare time", but when it occurs, I like to lay my carcass on the beach and rot in the sun.
                Ah yes, I am also married to my husband Brent, and if it weren't for our love for bodybuilding slightly outweighing our love for bar food, we would both be fat carnies at the local fair serving elephant ears.

Comment

• [COLOR="Purple"]WOW.. i feel like i died and went to gym heaven... so many ladies who train hard, gives me even more inspiration, if only we had people this friendly in Aus
                  I am 42, married to a 29 yr old (yah) he is my trainer and my best friend and the only person that can yell at me and tell me i have only done 11 reps when i am sure it was 12.
                  I have a 17 yr old son who is my pride and joy and a fat cat called chayse
                  I spent 3 years at Uni so i could call myself a Nurse, yet get paid like a newspaper boy.
                  I hate fish but have to eat it, Tuna Tuna Tuna, why doesn't it come in another flavor?
                  Nothing makes me feel better than a hard day at the Gym and i love it when i am waiting at a machine for a guy to finish and he goes to take of some plates and i say * it's ok, i need to put more on*
                  I am a proud Australian, I love NFL go the vikings. I can only dream that we had a Krispy Kreme in Western Australia, good thing we don't
                  [/COLOR]
                  This is just an awesome site!! and i can't wait till i look as good as you all
                  Last edited by PrincessMcbuff; October 4, 2009, 05:49 AM. Reason: Forgot to talk about me :)

Comment

• Originally posted by FyrfyterSarah View Post
                    My name is Sarah Elizabeth Scott Turner
                    I am 27 years old, and live in Charleston, South Carolina.
                    As you can guess, I am a professional firefighter, and I absolutely love my job. I got into firefighting in 2001, before the September 11th attacks.
                    I am also a full time student working on a PhD with intentions to graduate in 2016 with seventy million in student loans piled up.
                    I have always been small, and I need to put on quite a bit of weight. I plan on competing in my first bodybuilding competition next spring, so we will see what happens. My eating right now is pretty much on point other than the sneaking of peanut m n m's and peanut butter.
                    I don't really have this thing called "spare time", but when it occurs, I like to lay my carcass on the beach and rot in the sun.
                    Ah yes, I am also married to my husband Brent, and if it weren't for our love for bodybuilding slightly outweighing our love for bar food, we would both be fat carnies at the local fair serving elephant ears.
                    I think I love you!!!

Look how neat you are!!! Fire fighter and working on PhD! WOW!!!

We are glad to have you here.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrincessMcbuff View Post
                      [COLOR="Purple"]WOW.. i feel like i died and went to gym heaven... so many ladies who train hard, gives me even more inspiration, if only we had people this friendly in Aus
                      I am 42, married to a 29 yr old (yah) he is my trainer and my best friend and the only person that can yell at me and tell me i have only done 11 reps when i am sure it was 12.
                      I have a 17 yr old son who is my pride and joy and a fat cat called chayse
                      I spent 3 years at Uni so i could call myself a Nurse, yet get paid like a newspaper boy.
                      I hate fish but have to eat it, Tuna Tuna Tuna, why doesn't it come in another flavor?
                      Nothing makes me feel better than a hard day at the Gym and i love it when i am waiting at a machine for a guy to finish and he goes to take of some plates and i say * it's ok, i need to put more on*
                      I am a proud Australian, I love NFL go the vikings. I can only dream that we had a Krispy Kreme in Western Australia, good thing we don't
                      [/color]
                      This is just an awesome site!! and i can't wait till i look as good as you all
                      Love the screen name!!!

I had a trainer/partner with an age difference like that. We didn't marry, but we did have a fling.

It wasn't the worst thing I ever did!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewB40 View Post
                        I read this thread, second time in this section ever today and just want to say all you gals have amazing stories of how you got to where you are. Whether you compete or not you are all champs in overcoming and being unapologetic about it.

Ok since I put myself out there with my pics I will introduce myself

Name: Andrew
                        Age: 40 for the past 2 weeks but feel not a day over 39.
                        Height: 5'9
                        Current weight: Bulked up 260lbs, funny about that is several months ago I could not fit in to size 40 pants while 20lbs lighter and can wear 38's with a wide leg now.
                        Hair: None except the small remaining amount I choose to shave off every day or 3
                        Eyes: Blue/Green

Occupation: well I just returned to a job I did for 14 years this past week after a 4 year absence
                        Working out: I have worked out on and off mainly on since approx 1982-83. I started working out pretty much because I was short and overweight. I have spent the majority of my life since age 13. I have been fat, have been fat and muscular, muscular and skinny fat. Skinny fat took place when I was being my own enemy which came to an abrupt halt last Aug 2008. I was sick, addicted, homeless and hopeless.
                        I had to lose everything including my life almost to be able to appreciate today that I don't have to do anything today, I "GET" to participate in life with all it's bells, whistles, warts, ugliness and beauty.

Working out and bodybuilding for me today is not a lifestyle, nor is it a hobby. It is part of the fabric of an ever evolving life plan in which progress, not perfection is the goal.
                        I do have the love of it that I haven't felt since I was that naieve overweight teen who saw pictures of stallone in M&F Incline pressing 85lbs dumbells wondering how I would ever reach that kind of strength. The only difference between now and then is I don't want to fit in, I just do fit in with my own unique personality.

My current long term goals summarized would be....

1) to strive to be of value to myself and others in whatever I am doing to put food on the table. I am not my carreer, but when I am doing it I owe it to myself, my competitors and others to be the best.

2) to enter a bodybuilding master competition next fall, not to won but to finally do it. In my best shape obviously

3) instead of asking what kind of mate i want, will continue to become the kind of man that will meet the kind of woman that I can call soul mate.

4) Stay Hungry(I am a Arnold hag at heart), ie not settle for complacency. I had Stay Hungry put on my 1 year medallion for that very reason as all roads in my life started from where day 1 to that 1 year medallion became reality. So everyday I need to to decide when I wake up what road I am taking and it's the journey, not the destination I look forward to. And that determines how my job, my workouts, my personal life, body mind and soul will progress.

4) To continue giving back through volunteer work, because even though my life starts with me, it's not all about me.

My current hobbies, well I love reading, writing, film, comedy, hanging out with good friends, making new friends, flirting(I am shy however cough bullshit), cooking, eating said cooking, hanging out in the garden, and a million other things I will get to do as time goes on. Oh and my music tastes are pretty much all rock from classic, oldies, to punk, metal etc
                        I almost missed this!

Since you're a writer, I expect to see lots of entries into our essay contest!

Got its?!

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                          I almost missed this!

Since you're a writer, I expect to see lots of entries into our essay contest!

Got its?!

geez I guess I dropped the gauntlet there and you just reminded me of it lol.

I will put something up soon, just for the hell of it.

Comment

• Welcome aboard PrincessMcbuff !
                            Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
                              I think I love you!!!

Look how neat you are!!! Fire fighter and working on PhD! WOW!!!

We are glad to have you here.

Thank you! You can find me on fb under Sarah Scott Turner ifyou'd like to read the nonsense that I post daily... i find myself amusing.. ahhaha

Comment

• welcome fyrftr sara

I stumbled in here for the hell of it and saw what I wrote again, I needed to see that now as I keep my eyes on the journey.

Number 2 is obsolete, I am realistic and will mark 2011 as a get into my undies sting with pro tan and oil. The next year is about getting back into shape and healthy first

Comment

Working...
                                X