Announcement

Collapse

Women's sections zero tolerance.

The women's section here at Muscular Development are a zero tolerance area. This includes every female member of the forum.

Any insults or trolling no matter how subtle it is will be deleted & you will receive an infraction.

Second offense will be a vacation from the site. The length of the ban will be up to the acting moderator.
See more
See less

Rapid weight loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid weight loss

This is the middle of my 4th week on a modified version of Dave Palumbo's diet. The first 2 weeks I lost 1lb, and then last week I lost 5, 128-123lb. I look great! and my workouts are just where they should be. Now I've lost another half lb (put on one after my carb meal) so today I'm at 122.5lbs. BF % is down too, after 2 weeks of dieting I'd lost 1.5%. I'll have it tested again Feb 21.

The only other thing I've done differently is 10-15 min in the sauna after my work out.

Seem normal? Should I be concerned about losing a lb a day? If you look the full time frame of the diet, its 2ish lbs a week, which is just fine...

mmmmm i love going in the sauna after my work outs!!!! It is so relaxing!!!

Comment

~almost~ as good as tanning!

Comment

are you working with dave or just following his plan that is posted here?
        Team-TammyFitness
        hersuppz.com code TAMMY

Comment

But stay on topic, forum leader!

Comment

Originally posted by SuzyBrown View Post
            This is the middle of my 4th week on a modified version of Dave Palumbo's diet. The first 2 weeks I lost 1lb, and then last week I lost 5, 128-123lb. I look great! and my workouts are just where they should be. Now I've lost another half lb (put on one after my carb meal) so today I'm at 122.5lbs. BF % is down too, after 2 weeks of dieting I'd lost 1.5%. I'll have it tested again Feb 21.

The only other thing I've done differently is 10-15 min in the sauna after my work out.

Seem normal? Should I be concerned about losing a lb a day? If you look the full time frame of the diet, its 2ish lbs a week, which is just fine...
            HA!!!!!!!!!!! i was on toic!!! IN BOLD

FINE HERES MY FRICKEN RESPONCE!
            your going in the sauna and sweating out your water weight. Once you stop with the sauna it will all come back "rebound effect"

Comment

Originally posted by tammyp View Post
              are you working with dave or just following his plan that is posted here?
              LOOSLY following his diet plan. I'm eating way more and way more BAD STUFF than he'd want me to.

Energy drink
              shake w/ nut butter & 2% milk
              coffee and protein bar
              veggies & protein (usually tuna)
              nuts
              big dinners of protein and veg (chicken, fish, tuna, nut butters, tofu, often more than 1 protein)
              another bar, or another shake, or meringue cookies (home made w/ splenda) or leftover dinner...

Often a sugar free soda in there too and usually a couple bottles of seltzer and some distilled thru the day. Drink vodka a couple times a week. Sugar free gum, and occassionally some SF candy...

Comment

Originally posted by PowerMania View Post
                HA!!!!!!!!!!! i was on toic!!! IN BOLD

FINE HERES MY FRICKEN RESPONCE!
                your going in the sauna and sweating out your water weight. Once you stop with the sauna it will all come back "rebound effect"

SERIOUSLY???? I was wondering, and actually skipped my sauna today just to see...

I'mma try weighing before and after the sauna tomorrow!

Comment

SERIOUSLY???? I was wondering, and actually skipped my sauna today just to see...

I'mma try weighing before and after the sauna tomorrow!
                  im a sauna aholic.... one week my weight is up (from not going in the sauna) then my weight is down (from the sauna...)

but its good for your skin, nice little detox...great for acne...

i love the sauna...

is it wet or dry?

Comment

It usually dry when I go in, tho I could steam it up if I wanted to (too lazy to look for & fill the bucket)

Comment

If you are switching to a very low carb diet you will drop water. Period. So you are probably getting some fat loss due to the diet (just using a very optimized diet in general will get you some results) but the water drop is what makes the Atkins diet (and similar low / no carb approaches) very attractive- you get a fast, near term drop on the scale. How maintainable it is depends on how you ease out of the 'dropping' diet and into a maintenance phase or if you are just interested in a fast drop for a particular event and after it, it is ok to go back to 'normal'.

Generally you should see an evening out in the rate of "weight drop" -- generally I'm not real excited about the scale as a 'progress indicator' - how your clothes fit, your energy levels & how your clothes fit is a better indicator of body composition change. "Weight" can be any of the three - muscle, fat or water.

Its not that hard to have a 3-5 lb weight change from AM to PM or more if it happens to be that time of the month. In conjunction w/ some indicator of body composition change, its generally the TREND / relative change in weight loss that is more important than the day to day absolute values.

Comment

This is nothing like Dave's diet. if you are having any bars or carbs at all, it's not ketogenic;-) I would drop the bars and carbs for whole foods then you won't need the sauna to drop further water ...

Comment

Originally posted by ScorpioChiq View Post
                          This is nothing like Dave's diet. if you are having any bars or carbs at all, it's not ketogenic;-) I would drop the bars and carbs for whole foods then you won't need the sauna to drop further water ...
                          I don't think that's 100% accurate. These are low impact carb bars, mostly just sugar alcohol carbs, and I'm pretty sure, at least for some people, you can do 30-50g carbs a day and be in keto.

Also I wasn't using the sauna to drop water weight, certainly didn't "need" to drop it. I was just relaxing post workout, and hoping to improve my skin. I had no idea it would affect my weight! silly me....

No saunas for 1 week, down 2 more lbs (120lbs). My "skinny" jeans are hanging off my butt, and a pair of pants I've had for years, and don't wear often because they are uncomfortably tight... also hanging in the ass. ((not sure how I feel about that))

Comment

I don't think that's 100% accurate. These are low impact carb bars, mostly just sugar alcohol carbs, and I'm pretty sure, at least for some people, you can do 30-50g carbs a day and be in keto.

Also I wasn't using the sauna to drop water weight, certainly didn't "need" to drop it. I was just relaxing post workout, and hoping to improve my skin. I had no idea it would affect my weight! silly me....

No saunas for 1 week, down 2 more lbs (120lbs). My "skinny" jeans are hanging off my butt, and a pair of pants I've had for years, and don't wear often because they are uncomfortably tight... also hanging in the ass. ((not sure how I feel about that))
                            i know how i would feel about it!
                            ANYWAY, it 'sounds' like you are IN THE ZONE BABY!!!
                            Last edited by bndniron4evrgal; February 10th, 2008, 12:55 PM. Reason: because....................
                            I'm workin on getting better K!!!

Comment

But I LIKE my butt!!!

Scorpio, I hope that post didn't sound catty, was just trying to clarify...

Comment

Working...
                              X