Announcement

Collapse

Women's sections zero tolerance.

The women's section here at Muscular Development are a zero tolerance area. This includes every female member of the forum.

Any insults or trolling no matter how subtle it is will be deleted & you will receive an infraction.

Second offense will be a vacation from the site. The length of the ban will be up to the acting moderator.
See more
See less

Basic fitness workout routine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic fitness workout routine?

My wife wants to get into working out.Shes been gaining a bit of fat.I wanted a basic workout where she could go 3-4 times a week and do lots of cardio with a bit of weight training in there too.Thanks

Originally posted by desibaba View Post
    My wife wants to get into working out.Shes been gaining a bit of fat.I wanted a basic workout where she could go 3-4 times a week and do lots of cardio with a bit of weight training in there too.Thanks

my wife was doing bb'ing training
    she didnt enjoy it that much
    now she does all those fancy class's at the gym has
    then adds weights in 2-3 days a week

normally 2 fancy class's a week
    weight training plus cardio after weights 2-3 days a week
    she does higher reps 12-20 on almost everything
    she pick moves she like and has fun no real stress she doesnt think about every detail like we would

she eat lots of protein and just enough carbs not to go nuts
    and of course she goes through costco's natty pb by the case

Comment

Have her go to the book store & check out Bill Phillips' BODY FOR LIFE. There's a "women's version" which I don't really think is necessary - more of a targeted marketing effort,...

Anyway, it lays out guidelines for a very flexible & doable diet as well as a training schedule that is a 3 day split of upper body , lower , upper, with cardio on the off days. Even the cardio isn't hours & hours.

What I like about this book, even though its been around for a while now, is that it gives an intro to how nutrition works. People tend to not really understand why starving themselves not only isn't fun, it doesn't work. The goal is to fuel your body for exactly your goals & your energy needs, and then train for those results. It doesn't lay out a strict & restrictie diet, but rather gives guidelines, the WHY of the guidelines and then lists of food that give an idea of how it all fits together.

The training as well is not strange - all of this stuff is what most trainign programs are based, and gives the basics so that you can learn from it and then build on it instead of being completely dependent on someone else digging up a routine for you.

Comment

Working...
      X