Announcement

Collapse

Women's sections zero tolerance.

The women's section here at Muscular Development are a zero tolerance area. This includes every female member of the forum.

Any insults or trolling no matter how subtle it is will be deleted & you will receive an infraction.

Second offense will be a vacation from the site. The length of the ban will be up to the acting moderator.
See more
See less

Cramps while training legs but not upper body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cramps while training legs but not upper body

My wife has most of her bodyfat stored in her thighs and her ass.I have been getting her into training her legs and she gets terrible cramps ONLY while leg training.She doesnt have this issue while during any of her upperbody exercises.I figure that would exclude the possibility of a mineral imbalance.Any ideas on how to deal with this situation?

Originally posted by desibaba View Post
    My wife has most of her bodyfat stored in her thighs and her ass.I have been getting her into training her legs and she gets terrible cramps ONLY while leg training.She doesnt have this issue while during any of her upperbody exercises.I figure that would exclude the possibility of a mineral imbalance.Any ideas on how to deal with this situation?
    What is her diet like? That's going to make a bigger difference than focus on training legs for that bodyfat - you can't do spot reduction.

As far as cramping, what is her daily water intake? Is she getting potassium in her diet? E.g. from sweet potatos? Is she training upper body & lower body w/ equal intensity? Is she stretching?

Comment

We go to the gym on monday,tues,wed and thursday.Each of those days are upperbody and cardio,day 2 is lower body and cardio.All she does for legs are squats,leg curls and standing calf raises.Only 2 sets of each exercise of 15 reps each.She needs to lose fat and tone up a bit.

Comment

so any other advice? How much water per day should she be drinking? She doesnt stretch AT ALL.When should she stretch(before or after working out)???

Comment

I know I'm not really the people you are looking for(women's section) to answer this question, but she should be aiming for at least 3L if not 4L of water a day. She needs to be able to carry that waste out of the muscle and not only that, to hydrate the muscle. I would say that she is having problems with potassium, so get her to try and have a banana before leg days, (or something else high in potassium). Personally, I would get her on a good multi and see how that effects her. Not only will a good multi help with the cramping, but chromium helps your body efficiently use carbs, and vitamin B6 acts as a natural diuretic.

Comment

Working...
          X