Announcement

Collapse

Women's sections zero tolerance.

The women's section here at Muscular Development are a zero tolerance area. This includes every female member of the forum.

Any insults or trolling no matter how subtle it is will be deleted & you will receive an infraction.

Second offense will be a vacation from the site. The length of the ban will be up to the acting moderator.
See more
See less

Birth Control Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Control Anyone?

Just curious as to what forms of birth control everyone is using?

I've never been on birth control, but my GYN insists I start. She gave me samples (6 months worth) of Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo (I think that's how you spell it).

I am sort of scared to start because I don't want to gain weight

Any comments or suggestions?

God knows I am NOT trying or ready to be a mommy lol

Thanks

xoxo
    "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

ive been on the pill for 2 years now and i have never had issues with weight gain...the brand im on now is called Necon 1/35 - which is like double the amount of hormones (makes me a lil more moody), because the kind i was on for the 1st year wasnt helping with my severe cramps and heavy bleeding...this kind has kept my cramping to a minimal and i have shorter lighter periods (which of course is nice)
    lilfitgirl
    "Obsession is what Lazy People call DEDICATION"

Comment

I'm on Yaz to control dysmennoreah and because it's physically dangerous for me to have children. I've been on everything from Alesse 28 to OrthoCyclen to EstroStep and I've NEVER had any issues with weight gain. (I've been on for 12 years) There was a study done just recently that found that the pill does not really affect women in the weight gain department like we've all been told for years.
      SnakeBite Racing

Comment

Originally posted by lilfitgirl View Post
        ive been on the pill for 2 years now and i have never had issues with weight gain...the brand im on now is called Necon 1/35 - which is like double the amount of hormones (makes me a lil more moody), because the kind i was on for the 1st year wasnt helping with my severe cramps and heavy bleeding...this kind has kept my cramping to a minimal and i have shorter lighter periods (which of course is nice)
        i never heard of that one. My GYN offered me Yaz and Ortho but everyone told me that Yaz had bad side effects so i decided to go with the Ortho. I do get serious cramps and heavy periods as well. I cant start it until I get my period again, but hopefully it will reduce those cramps!

Comment

Originally posted by connstellation View Post
          I'm on Yaz to control dysmennoreah and because it's physically dangerous for me to have children. I've been on everything from Alesse 28 to OrthoCyclen to EstroStep and I've NEVER had any issues with weight gain. (I've been on for 12 years) There was a study done just recently that found that the pill does not really affect women in the weight gain department like we've all been told for years.
          I guess everyone reacts to these pills differently because everyone was saying that YAZ had really bad side effects. I was afraid to try that because of those comments. So you cant have babies at all kelly

Well I hope that the weight issue is true because i dont want to gain weight!

Comment

my girl is currently on the ring and loves it... plus it provides a good laugh when it gets stuck on me or falls out after we're done havin fun

Comment

Originally posted by killinweights View Post
              my girl is currently on the ring and loves it... plus it provides a good laugh when it gets stuck on me or falls out after we're done havin fun
              lol i knew you were yet to stop by here!!

You, teddy, and Goodfellas are our Ladies Locker Room boys!!

Comment

Originally posted by JuicyGlamGirl View Post

i don't mean to get around so much... just kinda happens

Comment

Girl I personally don't have to worrry about birth control pills as I don't have cycles anymore due to a procedure I had done last April but I am a mom of 3 and that's enough. But I was on the pill for many years I really didn't have problems with weight gain either so I don't think you should have alot of problems with that. Good luck with it I think you will be fine.
                  I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.~Marilyn Monroe

Comment

You should work w/ your OB/GYN to come up w/ the dosage that works best for your body chemistry. I find it interesting that the stuff they recommend is the stuff that is most heavily marketed. I think its more important to find what works for you. Personally I started on a really low estro /progest dose pill called Trilevelin (generic: Triphasal) circa 1985. I stayed on that until I stopped for a competition in 2005. At the time I had no "action" in my life so I just didn't bother going back on as I was planning to compete the next year. When I didn't, I tried to start again, and kept forgetting to do the 1 pill / day thing, so I went to the Nuvaring. This is also a very low dose contraceptive. It got a little weird w/ my boyfriend tho - it was like he was playing "reverse ring toss" LOL! I went off again for my show in 2007 and finally just got a Mirena IUD.

I've never really encountered weight gain from any of these and it all helped my periods that were normally a full 7 days of not fun (though not crippling) to 3 days of really not a big deal except for a suspicious mood swing on Day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by JuicyGlamGirl View Post

I don't recall what pill my wife was on for a while, but it made her really moody and she thought it was causing her to gain weight. Also, she was having migraine issues. So, about a year ago I suggested to her that I'd be willing to use condoms if it was causing her that many issues so, last summer she went off completely. It helped with the moodiness and I believe the migraines seem to be less frequent although she still gets them. Did not seem to make a difference with the weight, so that could have been a perceived side effect. She is much less strict with her food intake because she doesn't have the blood sugar issues that I do. I've got two more years of school left before I think we would look at having a child (of course I love kids and would honestly be willing to have them now, but that's up to her ) I know when she was married before, she was on the depo-shot and that caused her to put on a bunch of weight and when she got off of that she lost it all pretty quickly so I just think she is very sensitive to hormones.
                      Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

Originally posted by killinweights View Post
                        i don't mean to get around so much... just kinda happens
                        You kidding? This is a fun place to hang out!
                        Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

Oops, i'm gonna get caught out lurking....

But, my girlfriend has used one of those arm implants (Implanon is the UK trade name) for the last 7 years since our last child, it's needs changing every so often but it does work, the only drawback is it makes her a little irregular.

I don't know why i'm posting this info, but hopefully it will help somebody

Comment

My wife is on Merana(sp). She was on the pill for 10 years and just recently switched. It's a Y looking device they shove up their and it is good for 5 years. Her friend just got on that too. Check it out it may be what your looking for.
                            Jason
                            http://www.ironmaglabs.com/

Comment

here's the newest form of male birth control... act like this guy and i guarantee you won't get anybody pregnant

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZcF9cFjRJA"]YouTube - Guido - My New Hair Cut![/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X