Announcement

Collapse

Women's sections zero tolerance.

The women's section here at Muscular Development are a zero tolerance area. This includes every female member of the forum.

Any insults or trolling no matter how subtle it is will be deleted & you will receive an infraction.

Second offense will be a vacation from the site. The length of the ban will be up to the acting moderator.
See more
See less

Crossfit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossfit

Fine! I'm doing it! With all the other firefighters. I'll let you know how it goes.

I've heard it's a killer workout, good luck
    Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

I wanna try it and I wanna get the KIDS version to show my kids.
      JOIN my health transformation challenge
      www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

Comment

Well I only did one crossfit workout. It was okay. Unfortunately now I'm moving and there isn't a crossfit gym in my area. I'm really amazed at how popular this whole thing is getting. Their competitions are fierce. A friend of mine is huge into it and thinks it's going to be bigger than bodybuilding and evolve into a respectable sport.

Did anyone watch the Crossfit sectionals competition at the AC?

Comment

These chics are no joke.

Comment

I going to do this...Thx for the vid

Comment

Originally posted by MsGuns View Post
              I going to do this...Thx for the vid
              There's tons of them on youtube. I'm going to get into it this fall when I can join a crossfit gym. I'll start the principles sooner.

It's really a healthy community also. Very encouraging people. I just haven't gotten into it sooner because it looked cultish. lol if that's even a word. People would preach to me about it like religious missionaries. I ready to give it a go though. Good luck girl!

Comment

Here's a decent crossfit games vid

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleyaG View Post
                  There's tons of them on youtube. I'm going to get into it this fall when I can join a crossfit gym. I'll start the principles sooner.

It's really a healthy community also. Very encouraging people. I just haven't gotten into it sooner because it looked cultish. lol if that's even a word. People would preach to me about it like religious missionaries. I ready to give it a go though. Good luck girl!
                  principles?
                  cultish?
                  Im luving the challenges...
                  Thx hun, u 2.

Comment

principles?
                    HIT Circuit Training, powerlifting, jump rope, pull-ups. Plus they recommend you follow the zone diet or paleolithic diet.

cultish?
                    The first time I heard of it was a couple years ago. This man on a plane started preaching it to me, gave me a card. It really freaked me out. It's almost a belief system to a lot of people.
                    Then I've had people friend me on facebook and spam me with crossfit stuff. Basically, this guy named Greg Glassman from Scottsdale emails this workout everyday and the people all over the world do it. It can't be any more of a cult than bodybuilding though. May as well go for it.

Comment

I've heard of Crossfit before (mostly just in passing), but last week I read an article/blog about it written by some chick that was trying it out and had done one or two competitions. I started looking at it in more depth, and it does actually look kind of interesting, hard core, but interesting. It would probably be worth getting into for some middle aged (I'm 34) guy like me who really has no specific goals in mind, other than I enjoy working out.

Comment

I tried it once and wanted to maim the instructors. They kept yelling at me to touch my chest to the floor on pushups. After awhile, I finally told them it was easier for them cuz their chests were bigger than mine! LOL

Seriously, though, it's a great workout. My asthma kicked my butt, so I couldn't finish the whole workout. I'm more of a traditional lifter anyway, though.

One of my friends did Crossfit to get ready for her figure show. While she liked the training because it was more fun, it actually set her back, as her cardio threshold was too high, and after awhile, her body plateaued, and she ended up having to withdraw from the show cuz her conditioning was so far off.
                        Figure Girl World Blog / M3World

Comment

I signed up for an assesment tomorrow...woohoo!

Comment

Didnt do the assesment bc it was across town...found a location near me.

Went today for a free class:

OMG I did my 1st crossfit today:
                            3 rounds of (stuff below) one min rest between rounds:

wall ball (squat down and throw ball to target line on wall) 18 18 15
                            sumo deadlift w/ a high pull 19 14 10
                            box jumps 26 27 28
                            push press 20 20 10
                            row cardio machine (calories) 8 8 10

Comment

Originally posted by MsGuns View Post
                              Didnt do the assesment bc it was across town...found a location near me.

Went today for a free class:

OMG I did my 1st crossfit today:
                              3 rounds of (stuff below) one min rest between rounds:

wall ball (squat down and throw ball to target line on wall) 18 18 15
                              sumo deadlift w/ a high pull 19 14 10
                              box jumps 26 27 28
                              push press 20 20 10
                              row cardio machine (calories) 8 8 10
                              So what did you think of it? Pretty sure I would've thrown up somewhere in between the box jumps and push press. LOL Are you gonna go back and try another workout??
                              Figure Girl World Blog / M3World

Comment

Working...
                              X