Announcement

Collapse

Women's sections zero tolerance.

The women's section here at Muscular Development are a zero tolerance area. This includes every female member of the forum.

Any insults or trolling no matter how subtle it is will be deleted & you will receive an infraction.

Second offense will be a vacation from the site. The length of the ban will be up to the acting moderator.
See more
See less

Wedding day stress and focus vs the honeymoon?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wedding day stress and focus vs the honeymoon?

    Ya know one thing I never understood was why the typical woman gets all crazy about the actual wedding day? Before you roast me and crap all over me , listen to why I wrote this thread topic.
    I can undestand being nervous and wanting things to be perfect, etc. The typical bride will say something how this is her big day WHERE SHE WILL MARRY THE MAN OF HER DREAMS , etc. Hmmm, if being with the guy was the BIG deal, then why doesn't she worry as much or more about the honeymoon?
    Because, the typical "marry the man of my dreams" reason for her stress and nerves is BS. If she was worried about being with the guy, she would want a nice wedding , BUT , plan MORE for the honeymoon together as a couple.Aaaah , we all know the big plans go into the wedding details.
    Face it, this all about the bride getting ATTENTION!
    That is what most weddings are about , along with bragging rights for the family who helps put the wedding on. The typical wedding is a show, no more, no less. It has very little to do with love, the couple's future or romance. FYI, as a guy, I think marriage , love and romance are what makes life worth living , so I am no cynic.
    What I do hate is how hypocritical so many are when it comes to weddings.
    Why can't these same folks just admit the actual wedding is a show, NOT a ceremony to share the couples love. Just admit what it is.

    Ok, you can attack me now and tell me why I am wrong
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  • #2
    Our's was a celebration of our L V E
    Attached Files
    "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

    Comment


    • #3
      First off you are a beautiful bride and the ceremony looked wonderful.
      I do see you have a boatlaod of pics of this wonderful day and while I have no doubt it was a day of love I gott ask a couple things?
      1. How much time, $$ ,effort and attention did you put on getting your dress?

      2. Once again, you posted a ton of lovely pics of your wedding day, but didn't mention any details or post pics of the honeymoon.
      I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

      Comment


      • #4
        omg the pics are awesome juicy!

        i didnt stress my wedding at all altho if i knew then what i know now i would have run away lol if i ever get married again in totally in for the vegas drunk elvis ceremony lol
        Strength does not come from winning, it is our struggle that builds our strength. When we struggle and decide not to surrender, that is strength

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Howard View Post

          2. Once again, you posted a ton of lovely pics of your wedding day, but didn't mention any details or post pics of the honeymoon.
          YOU ARE A PERV HOWARD
          Strength does not come from winning, it is our struggle that builds our strength. When we struggle and decide not to surrender, that is strength

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sadie7869 View Post
            YOU ARE A PERV HOWARD
            I like how you did the highlight in bold print hehehehe.

            Ok if anyone can lend some insight on this , you can Sadie!
            Why do most woman focus on the wedding and barely give the honeymoon with the man they love a 2nd thought in the actual plans.
            Picking the dress - endless hrs and hrs
            Picking the honeymoon spot- a few minutes if that.

            To me the only conclusion I can draw is that nobody SEES the bride all dolled up on the honeymoon UNLIKE the wedding day.
            My pt is , it is all about how she LOOKS in front of her peeps.
            I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Howard View Post
              I like how you did the highlight in bold print hehehehe.

              Ok if anyone can lend some insight on this , you can Sadie!
              Why do most woman focus on the wedding and barely give the honeymoon with the man they love a 2nd thought in the actual plans.
              Picking the dress - endless hrs and hrs
              Picking the honeymoon spot- a few minutes if that.

              To me the only conclusion I can draw is that nobody SEES the bride all dolled up on the honeymoon UNLIKE the wedding day.
              My pt is , it is all about how she LOOKS in front of her peeps.

              because they are insane lol i would be ALL about the honeymoon personally lol the wedding is 3-4 hours of your life and in my mind.. a formality.. if you are in love who cares about signing a contract.. people get married to fuck themselves on taxes, be parents, make THEIR parents happy hehe imo the PICS are what are important.. in 5 years no one will remember that extremely expensive day and all that is left then is the pictures of that day lol


              i say.. go dress nice take pics then hit the JP and on the the honeymoon!

              i am not a normal woman tho so take it for what its worth lol
              Strength does not come from winning, it is our struggle that builds our strength. When we struggle and decide not to surrender, that is strength

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Howard View Post
                First off you are a beautiful bride and the ceremony looked wonderful.
                I do see you have a boatlaod of pics of this wonderful day and while I have no doubt it was a day of love I gott ask a couple things?
                1. How much time, $$ ,effort and attention did you put on getting your dress?

                2. Once again, you posted a ton of lovely pics of your wedding day, but didn't mention any details or post pics of the honeymoon.
                We were engaged for two years and planned the wedding a year before. We spent a whole of $! The catering hall alone was $24,000! We never really added up the rest but guesstimating I would say about 35-40K yes RE-DICK LOL but we were the first in both families to get married so it seemed right. If it were up to me we wouldve went to city hall and got married but my husband wanted to give me the wedding of my dreams. Even if it cost him the world. Thank God for his career LOL My dress was easy. I saw it in the first magazine I picked up and fell in love. Once I saw that gown i had my eyes set. I had the sample shipped from the designer to my local gown store and tried it on and fell in love. I picked that dress instantly! My husband helped me with everything. We didn't bother anyone. It was our wedding and we did everything together. From invitations, to flowers, to tux & dresses, etc.

                Our honeymoon wasnt until September LOL why? because hubby and I love bodybuilding so much that we decided to honeymoon in Vegas for the Olympia. His Dad bought us VIP tickets to the Olympia which we sat 2 rows from the press and he booked us a room at the Mandalay Bay. We were in Vegas for 8days. We watched shows and had great dinner nights in Vegas. We both honeymooned doing something we both share and love which is this sport.

                Hope that answered your questions...
                "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JuicyGlamGirl View Post
                  We were engaged for two years and planned the wedding a year before. We spent a whole of $! The catering hall alone was $24,000! We never really added up the rest but guesstimating I would say about 35-40K yes RE-DICK LOL but we were the first in both families to get married so it seemed right. If it were up to me we wouldve went to city hall and got married but my husband wanted to give me the wedding of my dreams. Even if it cost him the world. Thank God for his career LOL My dress was easy. I saw it in the first magazine I picked up and fell in love. Once I saw that gown i had my eyes set. I had the sample shipped from the designer to my local gown store and tried it on and fell in love. I picked that dress instantly! My husband helped me with everything. We didn't bother anyone. It was our wedding and we did everything together. From invitations, to flowers, to tux & dresses, etc.

                  Our honeymoon wasnt until September LOL why? because hubby and I love bodybuilding so much that we decided to honeymoon in Vegas for the Olympia. His Dad bought us VIP tickets to the Olympia which we sat 2 rows from the press and he booked us a room at the Mandalay Bay. We were in Vegas for 8days. We watched shows and had great dinner nights in Vegas. We both honeymooned doing something we both share and love which is this sport.

                  Hope that answered your questions...
                  I think you have a great attitude and are honest. Plus you picked a great honeymoon with the Olympia!I also think it waay too easy for the family to get caught up whne the first one gets married.
                  Obviously, you had a wonderful wedding day .
                  BUT, be honest wouldn't you rather had a nice wedding for around 10k and put the 25 k extra in the bank for later if you could have hehehe.
                  FYI, you are a sweetheart, your hubby is a lucky man.
                  I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sadie7869 View Post
                    because they are insane lol i would be ALL about the honeymoon personally lol the wedding is 3-4 hours of your life and in my mind.. a formality.. if you are in love who cares about signing a contract.. people get married to fuck themselves on taxes, be parents, make THEIR parents happy hehe imo the PICS are what are important.. in 5 years no one will remember that extremely expensive day and all that is left then is the pictures of that day lol


                    i say.. go dress nice take pics then hit the JP and on the the honeymoon!

                    i am not a normal woman tho so take it for what its worth lol
                    Rock on Sadie You sound just like my wife*
                    *We got married in 1998 , divorced in 2006 and got back together in 2008, never remarried a very happy living together now.
                    Her dad married us in his church. Yup, walked her down the aisle , turned around and married us. What could I say? It was his daughter and he was about 6'5" and 325 lbs, huge man played tackle for U of AL back in the 60's
                    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Howard View Post
                      I think you have a great attitude and are honest. Plus you picked a great honeymoon with the Olympia!I also think it waay too easy for the family to get caught up whne the first one gets married.
                      Obviously, you had a wonderful wedding day .
                      BUT, be honest wouldn't you rather had a nice wedding for around 10k and put the 25 k extra in the bank for later if you could have hehehe.
                      FYI, you are a sweetheart, your hubby is a lucky man.
                      Of course howard!!! If i could do it all over again I would have a city hall wedding LOL but I guess most people want to experience the whole wedding fiasco.. It's hard work and very stressful! But in my case I was worry free my husband truly kept me sane! He was extremely helpful and involved!!
                      "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JuicyGlamGirl View Post
                        Of course howard!!! If i could do it all over again I would have a city hall wedding LOL but I guess most people want to experience the whole wedding fiasco.. It's hard work and very stressful! But in my case I was worry free my husband truly kept me sane! He was extremely helpful and involved!!
                        not me i totally did the city hall thing and in retrospect.. THANK GOD lol
                        Strength does not come from winning, it is our struggle that builds our strength. When we struggle and decide not to surrender, that is strength

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sadie7869 View Post
                          not me i totally did the city hall thing and in retrospect.. THANK GOD lol


                          Agreed, I went the low key route myself. Not city hall, but no wedding factory either.
                          "The only lack or limitation is in your own mind."

                          MD!!!

                          www.LivingDeadMafia.com

                          Click for Audio

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X