Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registeration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
2 of 2 < >

Women's sections zero tolerance.

The women's section here at Muscular Development are a zero tolerance area. This includes every female member of the forum.

Any insults or trolling no matter how subtle it is will be deleted & you will receive an infraction.

Second offense will be a vacation from the site. The length of the ban will be up to the acting moderator.
See more
See less

Ladies.. answer me this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meathead. View Post
    I have a very hard time understanding this about women and it may be a lost cause to ask it here because its a BB forum but..

I cannot for the life of me understand why not all women want to be fit?

So many girls out there are self conscience, unhappy with how they look.. how clothes fit.. how they feel...etc if a guy such as a bf or husband brings up their weight or maybe they should work out more or eat healthier.. they get SO mad, Its like the ultimate offensive thing to say.

I try to better myself every single day as a person, as a man, as a whatever.. esp. my physique because it makes me feel good. I have my shit days or weeks where I dont do cardio or eat well but overall I live the fitness lifestyle for sure.. I want to be comfortable and confident in my own skin. MOST women are not.

Why dont most girls want to be fit, sexy and all around perfect.. they insist on being inactive, drinking, eating poorly and it upsets me... so many girls have that "potential" to be beautiful (and Im sick of hearing.. they are all beautiful... love the woman for who they are...etc) because deep down those same girls who are sloppy, or fat or obese or whatever are unhappy and do not like their bodies...and I see girls who may have gorgeous faces, but have a good 20lbs of fat on their bodies that throw everything off...

dont judge me for picking apart women because guys do it too.. and esp to ourselves. just as woman do.. only difference is we act on it to change. Im a perfectionist in a way and think all ppl should be healthy and active, but particuarly I wonder why those girls who are ashamed or embarassed by their bodies.. why they dont get fit and sexy? Whats stopping them from achieving their ideal body and feeling confident. I am not talking about the ones happy with being out of shape...the ones who WANT to look and feel sexy and confident but choose not to do anything

/rant
    Well maybe you could start by asking yourself why all men don't want to be fit. But since you asked us women... I think it is one of two things - Lack of discipline or laziness

Comment

Originally posted by MrsHeavyiron View Post
      Well maybe you could start by asking yourself why all men don't want to be fit. But since you asked us women... I think it is one of two things - Lack of discipline or laziness

It can also be a lack of respect for oneself. I believe a lot of people have been torn down so much during their lives that they create a mental block such that they can't love or respect themselves. This manifests itself in many ways. One of these ways is to let oneself go and get unhealthy and overweight. Leaning on food is a quick fix for feeling good or filling a hole that can't be filled. This also usually spills over to the way these people take care of other things and treat other people. There are many root causes, from a screwed up family life to a poor environment. The only way to get over this hurdle is to ultimately address the root causes. We are fortunate on this forum to have more than a handful of good people here who have been able to climb that very mountain. Instead of asking the question, I would look to folks like that and learn from their examples.
      Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy788 View Post
        It can also be a lack of respect for oneself. I believe a lot of people have been torn down so much during their lives that they create a mental block such that they can't love or respect themselves. This manifests itself in many ways. One of these ways is to let oneself go and get unhealthy and overweight. Leaning on food is a quick fix for feeling good or filling a hole that can't be filled. This also usually spills over to the way these people take care of other things and treat other people. There are many root causes, from a screwed up family life to a poor environment. The only way to get over this hurdle is to ultimately address the root causes. We are fortunate on this forum to have more than a handful of good people here who have been able to climb that very mountain. Instead of asking the question, I would look to folks like that and learn from their examples.
        Sounds sweet - but we are all selfish creatures who love ourselves above all others. Eating out of misery is just another example of someone focused on them self. This is coming from someone who needs to lose weight so I am not trying to sound judgmental - I just think we need to quit blaming everyone else and put the blame back on the one person who can do something about it(me). Being too focused on body image leads to other problems and again shows self focus...

Comment

Good thread. I have always wondered the same thing, nice to have some answers
          All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

Comment

Working...
          X