Announcement

Collapse

Women's sections zero tolerance.

The women's section here at Muscular Development are a zero tolerance area. This includes every female member of the forum.

Any insults or trolling no matter how subtle it is will be deleted & you will receive an infraction.

Second offense will be a vacation from the site. The length of the ban will be up to the acting moderator.
See more
See less

MD 1 on 1 interview with fitness icon Jen Hendershott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD 1 on 1 interview with fitness icon Jen Hendershott

TP: What is your athletic background?
    JH: I have been dancing since I was 2 years old. OR I should say "showing off" since I was 2 years old. I danced point, tap , jazz for years and when I reached High School I started focusing on cheerleading and gymnastics. From there I continued that info my College years. Now I am fortunate to still be able to do things I could do when I was 21 at age 36. Who would have thought?
    TP: With your phat camps and competing, how do you balance time for yourself and your family?
    JH: I focus on those 3 things, camps, family, show. My friends have to understand. I try NOT to take on any additional projects or get myself involved in to much. I have a great husband who has a flexible schedule also so it helps with my traveling. We get to spend a lot of time together most people don't know about. We are very blessed to be able to do all we do.

TP:You have become the "peoples choice" as far as popularity with your fans.What does that mean to you?
    JH: WOW, that's awesome! I think winning peoples hearts are nice and they don't collect dust like trophy's do. Don't get my wrong, I love to win trophy's but the lives I impact through Phat Camp is something that can not be won. This is a special gift I was given. I love to be a role model, I love to inspire, and I love to believe in people who may not believe in themselves. I appreciate being the People's Choice, this is a huge compliment and I hope I can impact many more lives and meet each and every fan before I retire someday and say THANK YOU!
    TP: What do you contribute to your longevity in the sport of fitness?
    JH: Simple, I keep to myself. I don't try and do what everyone else is doing and I stay out of the DRAMA! So many people get caught up in doing whatever it takes to win that they lose who they really are. I have always stayed true to me and if you don't like me then you don't like me. So be it! I think people spend to much time in other people's business when they should take that energy and time and focus on making themselves a better person and more successful one at that.
    TP: What show has been the most meaningful to you?
    JH: Winning the 2005 Arnold Classic and the 2005 Olympia. WHAT a year!

TP: Is there anything you havent accomplished in the sport of fitness?
    JH: I don't think so. I think I have done my part here. I do want to win one more time before I walk out completely. I wanted to be on the cover of 1 magazine , did that! I am athlete rep for fitness, am that! I won the two biggest shows there is to win, did that. I have built several successful businesses and made an impact in the sport: still doing that! I am almost complete.
    TP: What has been the best part of your PHAT CAMPS?
    JH: Meeting so many inspiring people. I have had so many people come into my camps and share their amazing stories about what they have overcome and I am inspired. Women come to camp to learn and for motivation but i will be honest I get just as much out of camp as they do. Phat Camp is in my blood. It really makes me feel good to travel around the world and be a leader for so many women.
    TP:Who do you admire ...in and out of the industry?
    JH: I admire my Dad, he has over come to much in his life. I won't go into detail but he is a role model for me and for so many and the lives he touches is priceless. He is my dearest friend and greatest successor!

In the industry, I would have to say- Jim Lorimer who has put on one of the greatest shows ever in the world of bodybuilding. HE is loyal to so many people and especially to us competitors. WE need more Jim Lorimers and more shows like the Arnold. Jim works very hard and it shows!
    TP:Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
    JH: I have NO idea. I had NO idea I would be doing this in 2008. That is one thing I don't do, I don't worry about next year or 5 years from now, I worry about today and making each day the best. life is to short to think so far ahead.
    TP: How has your training and contest prep changed over the years?
    JH: Training has not really changed. The time I train has changed, how much I train, and how hard I train has changed. My contest prep changes each time I do a show. I still have NOT mastered this. I still consult with Mike Davies whom, him and I started this 10 years ago.
    We are both very fortunate to have learned to much along the way..
    TP: what is the hardest part about prep? easiest?
    JH: Hardest, DIET ! Always has been and Always will be, I LOVE FOOD and BEER!

Easiest, I love performing and the process of putting it all together.
    TP: You out do yourself at every show with every routine. How do you get inspired? How long does it take you to get it done?
    JH: It depends, I have so many ideas for myself that if I stayed around and competed till I did them all I would be 80 years old. I create crazy ideas in my head. Some ideas are so funny that I would offend people so the hardest part for me is finding that fine line and trying not to cross it. Whats funny, and whats to much!
    TP: You have always done your own thing...have industry people tried to change you? How have you kept true to yourself?
    JH: OH ya. I have to go to bed with myself every night and I want to look in the mirror and love myself. I don't let people control me or tell me what to do. I respect the people in the industry and I will hear their ideas but that doesn't mean I let it change me or get in my head. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however that doesn't mean I will do as they say.
    TP:What is your favorite cheat meal?
    JH: BEER and Chipolte
    TPo you have any animals?
    JH: 2 cats , Hopey and Jack and believe it or not they are over weight!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sallyanne; June 6th, 2008, 03:07 PM.
    Team-TammyFitness
    hersuppz.com code TAMMY

Excellent!! Nice to know more about the person off of the stage

Good job, TammyP!

Comment

RE Jenny H

Well,
      I met Jen a lil over a year ago at one of her PHAT Camp, and have been to 3 since. What an inspiration and awesome Lady she is, as is her whole camp staff. I am blessed to call her my friend. Very rarily do you meet such a genuine person. To the core they don't get any better than this lil dynamo.
      To you Jen if you read this, thank you so much for your inspiration and friendship. MUAH !
      Sincerely,
      Amie Moody

Comment

Very nice read....congrats!

Comment

Hi Jenn H. Do you believe in doing HIIT cardio when leaning down at all? Or do you prefer steady state only?

Also....do you ever want to cross over to bodybuilding or figure eventually?

Comment

Jen is awesome...such a people person...and that physique she sported in those banana routine pics was one of her best ever...it's now an arnold tradition to stop by and speak with her...she also worked with one of my friends are her routine and she did such an awesome job...and my friend had nothing but great things to say...she even gave her a bonus leg workout at the end!
            Attached Files
            TWO WORDS

Comment

o..m...g

she single??

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

Great interview!! Any chance we could get her to stop by and say hello??

Comment

Working...
                X