Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer help...IMac or Dell Desktop?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Computer help...IMac or Dell Desktop?

    Whats everyones opinion on Apple vs Microsoft.My Wife just got a Apple Notebook and its pretty frickin cool!!! Whats your opinion on a Apple computer?Im getting a new one and was looking at the 24" IMac.


    Late,zubbeyboy
    www.twitter.com/zubbeyboy

  • #2
    iMac all the way bro, I can guarantee you'll love it. I used to be a PC lover, and bashed the hell out of Macs. Then I started to have to learn more about them in my work (was doing support for a major ISP) and learned more about the OS X operating system.

    I switched a year and a half ago, and will never go back. The operating system is as old as XP and still much better than Vista - and the next version comes out in 4 months!

    Here's some features of the new OS X 10.5 when it comes out:

    OS X 10.5 Features list.

    If you're wanting to be uber cool and watch the keynote speech which unveiled the new OS, watch the clip on their site, locatedhere. Just click the video, it will not disappoint. It's a great insight to seeing if you're going to like it or not.

    I have a 20inch iMac G5, have had no issues with it, and have not formatted it. I use it for webdesign, video editing, photo editing, and general use. If the 24 would have been out when I got mine, I would have bought it.

    Or, you can buy a Dell, hope that you can get one with XP on it (Vista is NOT a feature ) and continue on installing updates for your antivirus multiple times per day, as well as the OS updates every 2 to 3 weeks.

    Buy the Mac.

    Matt - A Mac lover who comes home and uses his machine, not fixing it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Ty bro!!I have yet someone to tell me different.So why the heck isnt everone using a Mac???
      www.twitter.com/zubbeyboy

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by zubbeyboy View Post
        Ty bro!!I have yet someone to tell me different.So why the heck isnt everone using a Mac???
        Because Microsoft plays dirty pool sometimes. That, and Microsoft allowed their operating systems to be used on any computer platform, making for large hardware industry.

        Apple Operating systems must be run on Apple hardware, including the new Intels. Those things are smoking fast!

        Since security becomes a larger issue, and will only continue to, old things that Windows does just doesn't cut it for security unless you're fairly adept to PC's.

        I've done all I ever needed to on PC, including fixeding, upgrading, maintaining, both the hardware and the software. PC's from the store are not thought out as well as they should be. You could have the worlds greatest video card and have a crappy mother board.

        Mac's are configured with optimal equipment, and to last a long time. The components are selected carefully to make the most use of all the features, and make the computer faster.

        Installing Windows updates means they're adding more to the operating system, and that makes it slower.

        When I install updates every couple of weeks on my Mac, there are performance related functions, and they are noticeable. I love the fact that if you're doing the same thing on a PC or a Mac, the Mac will do it simpler and faster.

        It just makes more sense. Period.

        Matt

        Comment


        • #5
          Mac is better than PC - hell, Linux is better than Windows! Microsoft windows is a joke... and their little Vista project is a sham... IE7 crashes 3 out of four times I open it...

          However, in this day and age, PC systems are much more supported (good thing!) and compatible due to the amount of suckers out there - more software and documentation.

          It sucks, I wish Mac would be a little more mainstream but they didn't sell out like IBM 20 years ago... Apple still retains rights to their technology, thus making it less supported or widely understood.
          Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

          Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by zubbeyboy View Post
            Ty bro!!I have yet someone to tell me different.So why the heck isnt everone using a Mac???

            more expensive. Fewer software choices... i can't wipe the zogs off planet Beldar with a mac. I can with a pc.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dr Pangloss View Post
              more expensive. Fewer software choices... i can't wipe the zogs off planet Beldar with a mac. I can with a pc.
              Agree bro , not that i'm a computer wizz or nothing, but i had a Mac and

              the kids like playing pc games,The cost of the games and upgrade software

              was high and hard to get, Only specialised mac stores held the games

              (sure its better now).Although once i got the hang of mac and back then

              downloaded windows for mac i did have so much less operating

              problems...So hard decision for me,but i did go back to microsoft ...for now
              Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dr Pangloss View Post
                more expensive. Fewer software choices... i can't wipe the zogs off planet Beldar with a mac. I can with a pc.
                That about sums 'er up...
                Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

                Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I work with computers and unless you are gonna mess with graphics windows offers alot more to the typical home user and business as well. Now when it comes to viruses and syware we all know windows was born to breed them and since we are all degenerates and look at porn we are dommed to have popups and problems. But if you use it for what it was meant to be used for"work" you will never have a problem. My pc in my office has not seen a popup or virus in over 5 years now....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Billy Guns View Post
                    I work with computers and unless you are gonna mess with graphics windows offers alot more to the typical home user and business as well. Now when it comes to viruses and syware we all know windows was born to breed them and since we are all degenerates and look at porn we are dommed to have popups and problems. But if you use it for what it was meant to be used for"work" you will never have a problem. My pc in my office has not seen a popup or virus in over 5 years now....
                    I hear ya... you can always tell who fucks off the most at work by how jacked up their browser and computer gets.

                    Workstation PCs aren't a place to venture into unknown Internet areas using Windows... find your favorite sites on a computer that you can safely roll back or re-load the operating system without much hassel... too many vulnerabilities out there, just waiting to bog down your system or annoy you into puttin' a hole in your cubicle...
                    Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

                    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                      I hear ya... you can always tell who fucks off the most at work by how jacked up their browser and computer gets.

                      Workstation PCs aren't a place to venture into unknown Internet areas using Windows... find your favorite sites on a computer that you can safely roll back or re-load the operating system without much hassel... too many vulnerabilities out there, just waiting to bog down your system or annoy you into puttin' a hole in your cubicle...


                      I love system restore now I just tell the customer to use it and 5 mins later problem solved and my day is free to surf MD boards LOL...

                      I don't think I could ever bog down my workstation
                      Dual xeon 4.2 processors with 8 gigs ram and dual mirrored 320gb hard drives....I love my job LOL

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mac All The Way

                        My old laptop was a iBook and I loved it!!! My new laptop is a dell and it leaves plenty to be desired. My Mac never crashed. GO WITH THE MAC!!!!!!!

                        Chris Oldcorn
                        [email protected]
                        www.myspace.com/chrisoldcorn
                        http://my.T-Nation.com/chrisoldcorn

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dr Pangloss View Post
                          more expensive. Fewer software choices... i can't wipe the zogs off planet Beldar with a mac. I can with a pc.
                          I'm glad you mentioned this. For a comparable system they are actually around the same price (if we're comparing hardware to hardware).

                          As well, who needs 100+ choices for an FTP program? If there were 10 pieces, and they were all fully featured and free, I'd rather have those.

                          Not to mention that using Parallels or VMware any PC software now runs on a Mac. Some can say it's virtualized, but when it runs faster virtualized than native it;s a sad day for PC's.

                          Go with the Mac and don't look back.

                          Matt

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My Dell Laptop

                            I have to agree. My Dell came loaded with so much junk it took me a few hours to uninstall it. My Dell came with about 10 different photo programs on it and several CD burning programs. I only need 1. Not 5 programs to do the same thing!

                            Chris Oldcorn
                            [email protected]
                            www.myspace.com/chrisoldcorn
                            http://my.T-Nation.com/chrisoldcorn

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by chrisoldcorn View Post
                              I have to agree. My Dell came loaded with so much junk it took me a few hours to uninstall it. My Dell came with about 10 different photo programs on it and several CD burning programs. I only need 1. Not 5 programs to do the same thing!
                              Thats one reason why I started building my own... PC's that is... can't build Macs because the hardware is all proprietary stuff.
                              Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

                              Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X