PS3 is toast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 is toast!

Took my PS3 in due to it wouldn't update past 40%... it would stall out and hang there, so after a number restarts I took it in to nearby gaming shop (PNP Games). They sent it out to Edmonton, couple provinces away took them almost a month to tell me my GPU is gone and the system is toast. The shop refunded me diagnostic cost, and gave me $75 in store credit for taking so long. NICE thank you very much... but when I asked why they can't repair it, they didn't have an answer!

I'm getting a second opinion... just don't think I should junk it unless this repair is more than the price of a brand new system. My PS3 is only 3 years old..

Attached Files
    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

get a ps4
    Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave,I don't wanna die, I'm a God,Why can't I live on?

Comment

sadly I don't care for it. nhl14 sucks on it, haven't really heard any good stuff about it, plus if I could play my ps3 games I probably get it, but I cant.. kinda retarded.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

My mistake - its $200 for the repair and labor of course,, plus its a 50/50 chance it will work. the slim PS3's are pron for this due to lack of air circulation... ugh...

Comment

I have had the same ps3 since 2006. Played it everyday since than, got the yellow light of death couple of months ago but my brother fixed it by putting the mother board in the oven and cooking it for 5 minutes cooling it off than he put some shit on it whatever. but hey 9 years with the same computer. def worth the money
          TEAM QUADRO!!!
          TEAM WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UkrainianGuy View Post
            My mistake - its $200 for the repair and labor of course,, plus its a 50/50 chance it will work. the slim PS3's are pron for this due to lack of air circulation... ugh...
            Sounds just like the Xbox 360 ring of death light.
            Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

Working...
            X