• Show
Clear All

Grimm Webisode 2 On Hands and Knees

Comment

Big Ass Spider

Comment

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/10/spook...time-to-dance/

Spooky Tunes: A Murderous Jake Gyllenhaal in The Shoes’ ‘Time to Dance’

Despite the popularity of The Shoes’ upbeat and appropriately named 2012 track “Time to Dance”, the accompanying beautiful and macabre music video has a surprisingly low number of views, even with Jake Gyllenhaal as its leading man. And while half a million views is nothing to sneeze at, the creepy short film deserves to have a lot more eyeballs on it.

Clocking in at almost 10:00, the short illustrates a grisly killing spree through the eyes of a detached-looking Gyllenhaal. And though 10:00 is like two hours in YouTube Time, the video manages to stay captivatingly creepy throughout. We see him take bloody revenge on his hip-looking victims at various parties, then methodically grooming and planning his next attack. Throughout the video, Gyllenhaal keeps a quiet insanity in his eyes that is almost creepier than the murder scenes themselves.

The song itself is an interesting foil to the horror movie like scenes of the short. The French synth-pop duo had been gaining speed remixing already established pop artists, but their album Crack My Bones is their first venture into the spotlight. ”Time to Dance” is a rewarding jam with meandering beats reminiscent of LCD Soundsystem.

Sample the entire Crack My Bones album at the band’s Last FM site, and make sure you let me know what you think of the album and what other creepy music videos you like on Twitter!

Comment

Grimm Webisode part 3 Tight Squeeze

Comment

Webisode part 4 Dance with Dammerzustand

Comment

Helix trailer

Comment

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/amer...fx-1200802094/

“American Horror Story” will continue to scare FX viewers, as the net announced today that it has ordered a fourth installment of the franchise from Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk.

The next miniseries in the “AHS” franchise has yet to be named, but will be comprised of 13 hours of scary programming and debut in 2014. 20th Century Fox TV will produce the fourth run of the series.

“Put simply, Ryan Murphy is a master television producer,” said John Landgraf, CEO of FX Networks and FX Prods. “Time and time again he reinvents the form. What he, co-creator Brad Falchuk and their producers Dante Di Loreto, Tim Minear, Jennifer Salt, James Wong, Brad Buecker, Jessica Sharzer, Douglas Petrie, Alfonso Gomez-Rejon, Alexis Martin Woodall and the entire production team and cast responsible for the American Horror Story franchise have done is nothing short of extraordinary. Every year, they create a riveting and brilliant new miniseries. AHS: Coven is the best yet, and I have no doubt that the next installment will be even better.”

The third season of “AHS” — “Coven” — has topped its predecessors, 2011′s “Murder House” and 2012′s “Asylum,” handily in ratings. Witch-centric “AHS: Coven” currently averages 7.74 million viewers on Wednesday nights, and the October premiere of “Coven” was the highest-rated episode of the entire “AHS” franchise, with 5.5 million viewers in its premiere timeslot, 7.8 million with an encore telecast taken into account.

Nine episodes of “AHS: Coven” remain, and the finale for this season is scheduled for Jan. 29.

Comment

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/11/ameri...rn-witch-burn/

Contains spoilers: Do not read unless you have seen the episode.

AMERICAN HORROR STORY: COVEN Recap: Burn, Witch, Burn

Comment

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=39302

Robert Rodriguez Launching From Dusk Till Dawn TV Series
                    Don Johnson & D.J. Cotrona are among the cast

One day, it seems, every Robert Rodriguez film will eventually become a TV series. While El Mariachi: The Series is proceeding without his involvement, Rodriguez is very much a part of bringing From Dusk Till Dawn to the box via his El Rey network in the US.

The show is planned as a 10-episode serialized drama (at least to begin with), and is firmly based on the movie, albeit without George Clooney and Quentin Tarantino in the lead roles. We’re promised a supernatural crime saga focused on bank robber, Seth Gecko (D.J. Cotrona) and his violent, unpredictable brother, Richard “Richie” Gecko (Zane Holtz), who are wanted by Sheriff Earl McGraw (Don Johnson, taking over the part from Michael Parks) and a new character, Texas Ranger Freddie Gonzalez (Jesse Garcia) after a bank heist left several people dead.

While on an escape route to Mexico, Seth and Richie encounter former minister Jacob Fuller and his family who they take hostage. Using the family RV to make a run for the Mexican border, chaos ensues when the group detours to a strip club that is unknowingly populated by vampires, and forces them to fight until dawn in order to get out alive. The series deepens the tone of the film, adds new characters and backstories and expands the Mesoamerican mythology behind the vampires.

"If the movie’s the short story, the series is the novel,” says Rodriguez. "We have assembled an amazing cast and crew, and viewers can expect to be part of a wild ride when the series premieres on El Rey Network.” He’s helping to kick the series off by directing the first two episodes, but Carlos Coto is serving as the show’s executive producer. Miramax will be distributing the series outside the States, though not in the UK, where there’s no channel on board just yet.

Comment

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/12/st...r-story-coven/

Stevie Nicks to guest on 'American Horror Story: Coven'

Ryan Murphy revealed on Twitter Tuesday morning that American Horror Story: Coven will soon welcome another big-name guest star: witchy woman Stevie Nicks.

The news should come as no surprise to Murphy superfans; he’s made no secret of his longtime love for the singer-songwriter, whose work with Fleetwood Mac inspired a Glee tribute episode in 2011. “When I was growing up, I was always obsessed with those Stevie Nicks songs like ‘Rhiannon’ and ‘Gypsy,’” the AHS creator told EW last month. “And I remember reading an article where Courtney Love called Stevie Nicks the ‘white witch’ and Grace Slick the ‘dark witch.’ And I have a good relationship with Stevie because of Glee. She is one of the few artists that have come to hang out. She had been writing Lea [Michele] and I regularly since the Cory [Monteith] situation, because she really loved Cory [who passed away in July]. So she’s just a wonderful, wonderful person.”

Murphy has already honored Nicks on AHS through the character of Misty Day (Lily Rabe), a necromancer obsessed with Nicks and her music. “When we got to this witch idea, I thought, if you’re Misty and you have grown up alone and you don’t know any other witches, there’s one witch you probably would know and that’s Stevie Nicks,” Murphy explained. “So I called Stevie Nicks and first I said, ‘I want to use you in the show.’ But she was very resistant because from the beginning of her career people who are in the Wiccan community had given her a hard time thinking she was a witch and she got a lot of scary fan letters. She didn’t like the darkness of that, and I explained to her the part and she’s like, ‘Aw f—, let’s just do it. OK, I love it.’”

There’s no word yet on when Nicks will appear on the show, or precisely what her role will be. One thing’s certain, though: Lily Rabe might not make it out of that episode alive. “If I meet her, I actually think I might die on the spot,” the actress told EW in an interview. “I don’t get that crazy about a lot of people. I’m usually pretty cool, calm, and collected. But I don’t know if could behave properly. I love her so much. She’s just a beautiful creature.”

Comment

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/11/ameri...axeman-cometh/

AMERICAN HORROR STORY: COVEN Recap: The Axeman Cometh

Comment

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/11/ameri...ecap-the-dead/

AMERICAN HORROR STORY: COVEN Recap: The Dead

Comment

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/...ispanic-roots/

EXCLUSIVE: Bitsie Tulloch Talks ‘Grimm’, Discovering Her Hispanic Roots

After a tense season two, Bitsie Tulloch returned as Juliette Silverton this fall with memory intact on NBC’s “Grimm.” Now by Nick’s (David Giuntoli) side once again, Juliette has another chance to use her Spanish speaking abilities to help out on his latest case, “El Cucuy” airing tonight at 9pm. Expect many surprises including the return of Pilar (Bertila Damas) and guest star Manny Montana from USA’s “Graceland.

“I love playing Pilar,” Bertila told us. “I think she embodies the wisdom and strength of women who have lived their lives on their own terms.”

Bitsie will even be live Tweeting the episode during its Eastern Time airing! Follow her here: @BitsieTulloch

We caught up with Bitsie this week this week to get you some scoop on what we can expect tonight and to gain insight on the actress who brings to life one of the sweetest characters in primetime.

“Grimm” gets to have a lot of fun with storylines thanks to it being part of the fantasy genre. The writers are able to delve into the lore of many different countries. How much fun is this to be a part of as an actor?

It’s so much fun! Growing up in Spanish-speaking countries to a mother whose family is Spanish, I had been told several of the stories we have incorporated on Grimm, such as “La Llorona” and “El Cucuy.” So it was a blast reading those scripts and seeing how our wonderful writers were re-interpreting those tales. Reggie has a great episode coming up – episode 14 – that focuses on a well-known Filipino tale. It’s been a joy getting to know other cultures’ legends and tales.

Speaking of this week’s episode, your writers went back to Latin America for inspiration. El Cucuy is a frightening creature that parents would taunt their kids with when they wanted them to behave. What will your role in the episode be?

Juliette does not come face to face with El Cucuy, but Nick decides to involve her since she speaks Spanish and had been told the story of El Cucuy by her grandmother. It’s a great episode!! It’s very creepy and I think our large Spanish-speaking audience will love it. Plus Bertila Damas, who plays Pilar, is back!

There’s a clip of the episode where Juliette, Nick, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell), Hank (Russell Hornsby), and Rosalee (Bree Turner) are having a discussion about a variety of wesen and their method of killing. Do you all have someone help you with pronunciation?

We have a dialect coach but it varies according to the actor. For example, Silas’s character Monroe speaks German, so he needs to learn the correct pronunciation. Our dialect coach gives us the proper pronunciation as if we were a native, and then the Americanized version, and we can decide which one we want to use. For Juliette, especially being a newbie to the wesen world, I generally have her say the Americanized versions of the names, unless it’s a word such as “wesen” or “blutbad” or “fuchsbau” that we say pretty frequently.

We were surprised to discover your family background is partly Hispanic. Do you consider yourself Latina?

It depends on how hot-blooded I’m feeling! But yes, I am part Latina on my Mother’s side – they are almost all Spanish but I found out recently that my great great grandmother was Mexican. My mom’s family goes back 8 generations in San Diego and they gather every Día de Los Muertos to discuss the family’s history in Southern California. I grew up in Spain, Uruguay, and Argentina because my Dad was doing Latin American finance. Spanish was my first language but I don’t consider myself completely fluent anymore – when we moved to the States I lost a lot of it. When I’m visiting Spain (my favorite country) it all comes back pretty rapidly.

There’s been a lot of controversy in the media lately about bilingual Americans speaking Spanish on television; some even consider it un-American to do so. As a bilingual American, do you think people would benefit from learning another language? How has being bilingual made a difference in your life?

I no longer consider myself completely fluent in Spanish – my reading and listening comprehension is fluent, but my speaking tends to be a bit garbled as far as grammar and tenses. But yes, if the tools are available to people, I do recommend learning another language. For example, Spanish is the most spoken non-English language in the US and one of the fastest-growing. The US is the fifth largest Spanish-speaking country in the world (after Mexico, Spain, Colombia and Argentina).

Spanish aside, knowing any other language probably makes you more valuable at your job. As an actress I have had great storylines that have evolved from the fact that our showrunners know I speak Spanish. Reggie has an upcoming episode where he speaks Tagalog. Sasha has spoken Russian and French on “Grimm.”

Comment

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/12/ameri...sacred-taking/

AMERICAN HORROR STORY: COVEN Recap: The Sacred Taking

Comment

Nick vs. Krampus

Comment

Working...
                                X