Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Bodybuilding And Fitness Boards Are Dying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Bodybuilding And Fitness Boards Are Dying.

As a Getbig veteran, I have learned a few things about the internet. Drama sells.

I understand the business side of things. Most relevant bodybuilding sites want/need advertising dollars to operate. Therefore, they need to have a certain "ambiance" if you will, to show advertisers, that they can expect a reasonable return on their investments.

That is where the issue lies.....

Most people want real life issues, subjects, and discussions brought to the table. 99.9% of us have visited a certain website/s, because we were interested in getting fit, and/or followed the sport of bodybuilding.

But what keeps members posting, traffic up, and ad revenue pouring in? CONTENT.

A main board (for any exercise forum) should NOT just be devoted to bodybuilding/fitness.

This is just my opinion, but bodybuilding forums are dying because they fail to adapt.

Getbig is clearly number 1, when it comes to knowing what the people want to read.
    Last edited by King Shizzo; July 8th, 2016, 08:08 PM.
    Your Majesty

Two-slurps Shizzo of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamhea View Post
      Two-slurps Shizzo of peace.
      I do not drink slurpees with my kielbasa.
      Your Majesty

Comment

I see your point, the problem is people leave because it's the same troll fest, 100's of useless shit and just people playing ping pong on talking shit. The death of it comes from no BB content. If I want to see a UFC/nba/nfl ect I would go to that section. But if you look at that traffic it's low compared, it's weeks away from the Olympia, where in the hell are the road to series or anything. We get more off snap chat and Ig than here. Adapt in that way sure but to add a melting pot where does it stop?
        There's nothing I'm afraid of like scared people.
        - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by robert c View Post
          I see your point, the problem is people leave because it's the same troll fest, 100's of useless shit and just people playing ping pong on talking shit. The death of it comes from no BB content. If I want to see a UFC/nba/nfl ect I would go to that section. But if you look at that traffic it's low compared, it's weeks away from the Olympia, where in the hell are the road to series or anything. We get more off snap chat and Ig than here. Adapt in that way sure but to add a melting pot where does it stop?
          Really? Look at Shawn Ray's recent thread on the UFC. It is trending very well on No Bull, but would maybe get 5 replies and 100 views in it's dedicated subforum.

People have busy lives. What most bodybuilding and fitness enthusiasts really want, is a one-stop shop for information. They want to read the latest in bodybuilding and fitness news (contests, results, gossip) but they also want to read about breaking news and hot topics from around the world.

The main boards give you eyeballs (potential posters) which the subforums simply do not provide. Many people post threads with the hope that it reaches a broad audience, which is more likely to make a successful FORUM.

Forum: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

A solid forum is built upon the proper consolidation of information.
          Your Majesty

Comment

I get it, I got tired of every post that had to not do with just competitive BB being moved even if they sparked interest. I think bb and mma go hand and hand. Sure they aren't stage built but their body and composition are built. Threads I put up or others did, got that same cookie cutter " move this" comment. That's why I was being a smart ass and put it up.
            - Robert Frost

Comment

But I still want BB content too, so neither is being satisfied
              - Robert Frost

Comment

Youtube bodybuilding content is the future.
                "I'd rather be dead than average" - Mike Maddog Bell

Comment

Originally posted by Lex1247 View Post
                  I get a bunch from Snap chat, ig and YouTube. Pro's are putting more on there than ever
                  - Robert Frost

Comment

Getbigger fo life
                    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
                      big-ass-er fo life
                      Fixed
                      Last edited by robert c; July 9th, 2016, 11:32 AM.
                      - Robert Frost

Comment

Pretty much this.
                        I stop me....no one else does.

Comment

People still need to read something. It has lasted since the dawn of mankind. Written language will never die.
                          Your Majesty

Comment

Originally posted by King Shizzo View Post
                            Really? Look at Shawn Ray's recent thread on the UFC. It is trending very well on No Bull, but would maybe get 5 replies and 100 views in it's dedicated subforum.

People have busy lives. What most bodybuilding and fitness enthusiasts really want, is a one-stop shop for information. They want to read the latest in bodybuilding and fitness news (contests, results, gossip) but they also want to read about breaking news and hot topics from around the world.

The main boards give you eyeballs (potential posters) which the subforums simply do not provide. Many people post threads with the hope that it reaches a broad audience, which is more likely to make a successful FORUM.

Forum: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

A solid forum is built upon the proper consolidation of information.
                            I love the boards as they are one stop. Shopping and the Dramaa is very entertaining!

Comment

Told you this shit got moved, but the UFC one, still there. Odd. I just want consistency
                              - Robert Frost

Comment

Working...
                              X