Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nike Controversy

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nike Controversy



    what do you guys think about this? a while ago i saw a YouTube Video and someone was holding a sign which said "Colin Kaepernick is this Generations Muhammad Ali" and when you think about it, the similarities are very obvious. both risked their careers, both hated by many, but Ali eventually became a hero and was loved by most. People forget how hated he was back in the day. i get that the Anthem and flag are important for americans, especially those in the Military but he isnt trying to disrespect them.

    i saw People Burning nike gear but Sales went up 31% since the controversy took place. i hope no one here is stupid enough to burn or destroy their stuff.

    what really makes me wonder is how 99% of People are ok with nike, like most companies, using third world countries and Kids Labor for pennies to make Profit, but this is where they draw the line. im guilty of this too. i know poor indonesian Kids make my stuff, but i still buy it,

  • #2
    Originally posted by OldSchool90 View Post


    what do you guys think about this? a while ago i saw a YouTube Video and someone was holding a sign which said "Colin Kaepernick is this Generations Muhammad Ali" and when you think about it, the similarities are very obvious. both risked their careers, both hated by many, but Ali eventually became a hero and was loved by most. People forget how hated he was back in the day. i get that the Anthem and flag are important for americans, especially those in the Military but he isnt trying to disrespect them.

    i saw People Burning nike gear but Sales went up 31% since the controversy took place. i hope no one here is stupid enough to burn or destroy their stuff.

    what really makes me wonder is how 99% of People are ok with nike, like most companies, using third world countries and Kids Labor for pennies to make Profit, but this is where they draw the line. im guilty of this too. i know poor indonesian Kids make my stuff, but i still buy it,
    My wife is a police officer and I’m completely fine with how he protested. People, including our POTUS, did their best to make this about it being an insult to those who have died for our country/flag. It never was. Protesting in regards to blacks being killed by officers is something on a totally different level. At the same time, he was doing it during a paid time, so I also understand the NFL’s reason for blackballing him. It took a huge set of balls for him to do what he did and I can’t be mad at that. It sucks either way, unfortunately, I just see this as a way to further divide our country. I’m truly glad he’s been able to earn some decent money again.
    I stop me....no one else does.

    Comment


    • #3
      You can't compare him to Ali. First Ali is arguably the greatest boxer of all time. Ali gave up the world's heavy weight title because of his views. Kap was a third string QB who was about to get his ass cut.

      I'm making no statement about the politics, to compare Ali and Kap athletically is laughable

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by thegoon View Post
        You can't compare him to Ali. First Ali is arguably the greatest boxer of all time. Ali gave up the world's heavy weight title because of his views. Kap was a third string QB who was about to get his ass cut.

        I'm making no statement about the politics, to compare Ali and Kap athletically is laughable
        Kaepernick could never touch Ali, but he was one bad call away from winning the superbowl

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by thegoon View Post
          You can't compare him to Ali. First Ali is arguably the greatest boxer of all time. Ali gave up the world's heavy weight title because of his views. Kap was a third string QB who was about to get his ass cut.

          I'm making no statement about the politics, to compare Ali and Kap athletically is laughable
          Agree, can't compare him to Ali. But in the 21st century, his personal sacrifice is about as big as anything I've seen from a celebrity.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Donflex View Post
            Kaepernick could never touch Ali, but he was one bad call away from winning the superbowl
            True

            Comment


            • #7
              FUCK KAEPEERNICK and ali is overated ...


              LUIS FARAKHAN AND MR MUGAVE AND MARCUS GARVEY marcus-garvey-9307319-1-402.jpgLEGIT LEADERS
              LIONEL BEYEKE ARNOLD CLASSIC 2020 CHAMPION

              Comment


              • #8
                It started as a protest against bad things that were happening. Two many incidents of police discharging weapons inappropriately were caught on video.

                With so many guns on the streets being a cop is a dangerous job, the results is cops seem to be trained to go in very heavy, hard and fast, zero tolerance, don't be hesitant to take out a gun.

                The way cops handle and arrest people on the street is pretty extreme judging by videos I have seen over the years. The cops can esculate situations unnecessarily based on what they personally see as perceived threats, often these threats are not actually there when reviewing the situation in the cold light of day. Then there are cops with prejudices which gives some of them an itchy trigger finger.

                If a cop sees all black people as serious dangerous threats then thats a problem.

                Kaepernick is just a manifestation of how a lot of people feel. He is a figure head. On the first day he decided to take a knee that was a ballsy thing to do. After that the thing became a much bigger whirlwind than just Kaepernick.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by beefyfan View Post
                  Agree, can't compare him to Ali. But in the 21st century, his personal sacrifice is about as big as anything I've seen from a celebrity.
                  I'm not understanding this personal sacrifice/risking everything garbage everyone is parroting lol

                  He's an entitled baby who thought he could get away with anything.

                  When he did it he didn't expect any repercussions. If he was knowingly making a sacrifice why was he surprised when he was cut from his team and then blackballed then proceeded to cry about it everywhere

                  I really have no opinion and could care less about the kneeling stuff,but it's laughable to call him a hero and claim he risked everything KNOWINGLY.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Two things here from my perspective:
                    1) people getting upset that others dont understand that the intent if the protest is inequality and police brutality need to stop complaining that it is interpreted as dishonoring our troops and their sacrifice by disrespecting the flag and the anthem. It is not the responsibility of the receiver of a message to understand the intent. It is however, the responsibility of the sender of the message to clearly and effectively communicate the message and intent. If protesting to pursuade and educate, and the manner of protest is causing greater divide, then choose a less divisive form of protest.
                    2) Under Armour should now begin and campaign with soldiers, veterans, police, and emergency responders - some from all groups that have been injured or even next to a memorial. The message would be a direct response to Nike that says "When you truly know what it means to sacrifice"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by a.j View Post
                      FUCK KAEPEERNICK and ali is overated ...


                      LUIS FARAKHAN AND MR MUGAVE AND MARCUS GARVEY [ATTACH=CONFIG]369999[/ATTACH]LEGIT LEADERS

                      Lol.. Ali over rated, but considered by many to be the GOAT. Ok AJ..
                      NEW PREP AUG 2018

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ali was the greatest heavyweight of all time, its hard to dispute that. (Louis is my personal favorite)

                        Greatest fighter of all time is Sugar Ray Robinson.......again not much dispute on that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Guvnor View Post
                          Lol.. Ali over rated, but considered by many to be the GOAT. Ok AJ..
                          Yes he was overrated as a black leader yes ...Boxing no , but I can never forget this moment

                          Mohamed ali the supposed black leader calling joe frazier a monkey .Making fun of joe faziers look as too african as he put it .
                          mohhammed ali was a confused man with a very low i.q ...You are in the racist as fuck america claiming to be a black leader and yet you make fun of joe frazier for beeing to black ? a gorilla he said?
                          Get the fuck out of here....African americans forgetting that they are really from africa, disappointed ....

                          but if you are talking straight boxing lenox lewis would fucjk him up so would a prime time evander real deal holyfield
                          LIONEL BEYEKE ARNOLD CLASSIC 2020 CHAMPION

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Trump and his cronies have tried to make this about disrespecting law enforcement and military but no one ever mentions that a military guy talked to Kap about sitting down for the flag expressing it was disrespectful. It was a a man in the military that asked Kap to kneel instead and Kap has done that. This has never been about disrespecting military.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I always thought it was a black lives matter thing.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X