This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leave1 View Post
    No, it's just money Arabs have invested in financial institutions. Banks, investment companies, etc.. It's known as 'sovereign funds'.

Huge, huge political leverage is given to the Saudi's as a result of these investments, when you consider that the Saudi's in just investment capital alone is equal to 3% of Americas GDP. The Saudi oil earnings for 2008, pro-rata, were HIGHER than Americas entire GDP.

America is seen as the most poweful nation on Earth because it makes the biggest song and dance about it, but the Arabs run everything. They pretty much prop up the entire planets economic system with their oil money.
    That's why we went into Iraq instead of Saudi Arabia after 911. Question for you though Leave1 - why are England, Australia and other countries helping us in Iraq? Serious question not being argumentative.

Comment

I can't answer that Kazef, it's way beyond my knowledge.

If I had to give an opinion, it's a combination of economic dependance, fighting the smart fight, and good old fashioned ass kissing. I don't really know anything about war to be honest. Though the cynic in me thinks it was just Tony Blair kissing ass. I'm sure it's deeper than that though.

Comment

The futures for the US market are down 5% all over.

Monday might bring to interesting news from the markets.

Enjoy.

Comment

The US standard of living has been going down for 90% of Americans since the late 1960's.....so this thread makes no sense to those who are educated.

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
            The US standard of living has been going down for 90% of Americans since the late 1960's.....so this thread makes no sense to those who are educated.
            Agreed on the first part, FR.

But on the second part, I want as many Americans to KNOW.

Knowledge = power.

At least the power to know. Changing things? That will be hard. But knowing is key.

Comment

Originally posted by sargent View Post
              Agreed on the first part, FR.

But on the second part, I want as many Americans to KNOW.

Knowledge = power.

At least the power to know. Changing things? That will be hard. But knowing is key.
              What do you want Americans to know that they don't already know?
              That their financial viability is determined by the top economic class, corporations and the politicians that they have bought out?
              That they are made into consumer debt slaves, in-order to increase the wealth of the elite listed above?
              That the elite for years has been waging Reaganomic capital transfer class warfare on the lower economic classes.
              This is not new news.
              My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
                Yes and no. Even ghetto dwellers have flat screen tvs while living in a shack and driving a $50,000 escalade. It's as much an Americans are idiots who don't know how to save money problem as anything else. Every asshole in this country lives off of credit because they "need" a ps3 or flat screen or shiny rims. The only debt we have is our mortgage and funny enough we are living off of my wife's income while I am in school comfortably.

The big problem with America is that at some point it became OK to be in a shit load of debt.

Comment

Originally posted by kezef76 View Post
                  Yes and no. Even ghetto dwellers have flat screen tvs while living in a shack and driving a $50,000 escalade. It's as much an Americans are idiots who don't know how to save money problem as anything else. Every asshole in this country lives off of credit because they "need" a ps3 or flat screen or shiny rims. The only debt we have is our mortgage and funny enough we are living off of my wife's income while I am in school comfortably.

The big problem with America is that at some point it became OK to be in a shit load of debt.
                  How many "ghetto dwellers" that you personally know, are driving 50k escalades.
                  My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by DBowden View Post
                    While not "ghetto dwellers", I do personally know more people than not that are simply living beyond their means and have significant debt whether it's credit card, mortgage, car, etc. I think that was the point. The last generation or two has simply over-extended themselves to buy things the previous generation simply wouldn't. They're not buying necessities on credit but luxuries.

I guess you can argue that businesses pushed credit cards on the public by making them easier to obtain but in the end we all are responsible for our own personal finances. Too many people are trying to keep up with the Jones rather than spending only what they can afford and too many people are trying to blame "the man" rather than looking inward.

Comment

Originally posted by DBowden View Post
                      When I lived in the Phoenix area it was not uncommon to see $50k vehicles parked in front of shacks. Don't know any personally because that is not the type of person (moron) I associate with.

Comment

Originally posted by RJP View Post
                        While not "ghetto dwellers", I do personally know more people than not that are simply living beyond their means and have significant debt whether it's credit card, mortgage, car, etc. I think that was the point. The last generation or two has simply over-extended themselves to buy things the previous generation simply wouldn't. They're not buying necessities on credit but luxuries.

I guess you can argue that businesses pushed credit cards on the public by making them easier to obtain but in the end we all are responsible for our own personal finances. Too many people are trying to keep up with the Jones rather than spending only what they can afford and too many people are trying to blame "the man" rather than looking inward.
                        He's splitting hairs. He knows what I meant.

Comment

Originally posted by kezef76 View Post
                          When I lived in the Phoenix area it was not uncommon to see $50k vehicles parked in front of shacks. Don't know any personally because that is not the type of person (moron) I associate with.
                          Amen!

Comment

The Federal Reserve is Engineering the Economic Collapse

Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Good job starting this thread sargent.
                              Quetzalcoatl

Comment

The Final Push for World Government

Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Working...
                                X