Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scared of Pit Bulls? You’d Better Be!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scared of Pit Bulls? You’d Better Be!

    Scared of Pit Bulls? You’d Better Be!
    Brian C. Anderson


    The pit bull's unusual breeding history has produced some bizarre behavioral traits, de- scribed by The Economist's science editor in an article published a few years ago, at the peak of a heated British controversy over dangerous dogs that saw the pit bull banned in England. First, the pit bull is quicker to anger than most dogs, probably due to the breed's unusually high level of the neurotransmitter L-tyrosine. Second, pit bulls are frighteningly tenacious; their attacks frequently last for 15 minutes or longer, and nothing—hoses, violent blows or kicks—can easily stop them. That's because of the third behavioral anomaly: the breed's remarkable insensitivity to pain. Most dogs beaten in a fight will submit the next time they see the victor. Not a defeated pit bull, who will tear into his onetime vanquisher. This, too, has to do with brain chemistry. The body releases endorphins as a natural painkiller. Pit bulls seem extra-sensitive to endorphins and may generate higher levels of the chemical than other dogs. Endorphins are also addictive: "The dogs may be junkies, seeking pain so they can get the endorphin buzz they crave," The Economist suggests.


    Finally, most dogs warn you before they attack, growling or barking to tell you how angry they are—"so they don't have to fight," ASPCA advisor and animal geneticist Stephen Zawistowski stresses. Not the pit bull, which attacks without warning. Most dogs, too, will bow to signal that they want to frolic. Again, not the pit bull, which may follow an apparently playful bow with a lethal assault. In short, contrary to the writings of Vicki Hearne, a well-known essayist on animals who—in a bizarre but emotionally charged confusion—equates breed-specific laws against pit bulls as a kind of "racist propaganda," the pit bull is a breed apart.
    "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

  • #2
    http://www.city-journal.org/html/9_2_scared_of_pit.html
    "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

    Comment


    • #3
      I hate to admit this, but growing up in NYC my entire life, I can say that pitbulls do have a remarkably high retarded gene in them that makes them attack for no good reason.

      BUT its due to bad breeding more than anything. I've only seen a handful of true pitbulls who were no larger than 35-40lbs and they were very sound temperamentally.
      "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

      Comment


      • #4
        Most I have met are very sweet and just want to play. When I tell them to knock it off they tend to immediately.

        Chows act like they want to lunge at my face for even looking at them.

        I have to wonder if this is a propaganda piece. A pitbull or german shepard, rotty, or even a lab that is taught to be mean can tear into somebody. My neighbor has an unpredictable retarded visla.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
          Most I have met are very sweet and just want to play. When I tell them to knock it off they tend to immediately.

          Chows act like they want to lunge at my face for even looking at them.

          I have to wonder if this is a propaganda piece. A pitbull or german shepard, rotty, or even a lab that is taught to be mean can tear into somebody. My neighbor has an unpredictable retarded visla.

          Honestly brother, its really just the bad ones that were analyzed, anything over 50lbs is no longer a pit. Technically there's not real breed, just a bunch of guys who breed what they thought would be a great fighting dog, using bullies, terriers. But the Larger ones were seeing now are the byproduct of persas, american bulldog, etc etc which completely altered the initial breeding stock.

          I know for a fact that selective breeding produces sound temperament . But now you have ghetto people specifically picking aggressive dogs and messing up the gene pool.
          Last edited by paradox; October 2nd, 2011, 11:15 PM.
          "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

          Comment


          • #6
            shar peis and chow chows are the real danger
            "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

            Comment


            • #7
              While distracting the dog with one hand, grab it by the neck with the other. Hold the dog off the ground in front of you so as not to get clawed. Now here is the tricky part, as the owner comes running at you to "save his dog" you throw the little ball of teeth right onto his face. The rest should take care of itself.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kaladryn View Post
                While distracting the dog with one hand, grab it by the neck with the other. Hold the dog off the ground in front of you so as not to get clawed. Now here is the tricky part, as the owner comes running at you to "save his dog" you throw the little ball of teeth right onto his face. The rest should take care of itself.

                Let me know how this would work against this dog.


                http://youtu.be/ZcdYzCsKVn8

                Comment


                • #9
                  Amazing leap, however the dog's mouth really isn't moving that fast compared to the possibilities of human hand speed. It is interesting to note that when a dog attacks you, the bite attack is not normally the main attack, the primary attack is a strike with the front feet, which is designed to throw you off balance. It isn't enough to learn human vs human combat, you must also study human vs dog combat!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My wife and I just saved this guy from being put down.

                    Used at a bate dog, if I have my terminolgy correct. There is more but I don't want to go into the other shit he has been through.

                    My dad is really not thrilled about it seeing as he and his Westie were just attacked my 2 pits while walking. His dog had to have surgery to correct shoulder damage and his hand got mangled.

                    But my wife and I have always wanted to save pitbulls. Not better dog to start with than this poor guy who is laying on my feet at the moment snoring.


                    IMG_1370.jpgIMG_1374.jpgIMG_1361.jpg


                    The brown and white one is mine. Had her since she was 6 weeks old. She is 3 now. The blake and gold dogs are also mine.
                    IMG_0495.jpg


                    Not Everything. Not Yet.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                      Let me know how this would work against this dog.


                      http://youtu.be/ZcdYzCsKVn8
                      Originally posted by Kaladryn View Post
                      Amazing leap, however the dog's mouth really isn't moving that fast compared to the possibilities of human hand speed. It is interesting to note that when a dog attacks you, the bite attack is not normally the main attack, the primary attack is a strike with the front feet, which is designed to throw you off balance. It isn't enough to learn human vs human combat, you must also study human vs dog combat!
                      Check this shit out. Crazy!
                      Not Everything. Not Yet.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by The Joker View Post
                        My wife and I just saved this guy from being put down.

                        Used at a bate dog, if I have my terminolgy correct. There is more but I don't want to go into the other shit he has been through.

                        My dad is really not thrilled about it seeing as he and his Westie were just attacked my 2 pits while walking. His dog had to have surgery to correct shoulder damage and his hand got mangled.

                        But my wife and I have always wanted to save pitbulls. Not better dog to start with than this poor guy who is laying on my feet at the moment snoring.
                        Human cruelty is unrivaled. I told that fuck Ninja Loco that I would chop his head off because of his dog fighting and I still mean what I said.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You know whats really interesting though, on the other extreme end of unstable pitbull you also have a breed willing to do anything and have a higher drive than most breeds to work and that makes them great working dogs and companion dogs.

                          The issue is that the current breeding of pitbull needs to be cleaned out and have only those that are proven to be sound of temperment
                          "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by paradox View Post
                            You know whats really interesting though, on the other extreme end of unstable pitbull you also have a breed willing to do anything and have a higher drive than most breeds to work and that makes them great working dogs and companion dogs.

                            The issue is that the current breeding of pitbull needs to be cleaned out and have only those that are proven to be sound of temperment
                            Most pit bulls I've met are just a much larger version of my Jack Russel. Extremely loyal.

                            300398_10150316143678927_505033926_8226322_729131170_n.jpg

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Heres a terrible example. This dog was simply protecting the property and a female that had puppies in the backyard. The vistor comes, dog snapps and attacks. Kills a lady. Dog looks more like a american bulldog mix.

                              http://www.wesh.com/news/13595682/detail.html
                              "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X