Anybody got a Weimeraner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got a Weimeraner?

I had one for several years, best dog I ever had. He's been gone now for years. I have an opportunity to get this guy from a friend of a friend - year and a half old, 80 lbs, housebroken, crate trained, just needs his last round of boosters.

Anybody own one or have any good stories about them?

006.JPG

I love those dogs! My mother always wanted one, but I got into breeding Geraman Shep instead. I personally have no experience with them, but I have interacted with dog owners in the city dog parks picking their brain about the breed, the one unanimous comment is that to never let them off leash( a few years ago, I had a Rodegian ridgeback that I thought was ok to let off leash, he was with my dog pack at the time, once I took him off he ran like a bat out of hell and never looked back, never found him, moral of story, don't be stupid like me and assume you know how a dog will behave ). I don't recommend you let any dog off leash unless you know their 100% bonded with you, but apparently the hunt drive of these guys is strong and they wonder off.

Heard they were easy to house train, pretty stubborn but have a high ability to solve "problems", and low maintenance, and they have one hell of a loud bark. I personally like that smooth gray look. Would I get one for my self...not really, I prefer the Shephard type dog, but the do originate from Germany so thats got to count for something.
    "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

Comment

Got the little rascal today. He's actually great off-leash....really well-mannered dog. I got lucky, I think. I'll post a few pics and updates in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Rjackd1 View Post
        Got the little rascal today. He's actually great off-leash....really well-mannered dog. I got lucky, I think. I'll post a few pics and updates in a while.
        I love that feeling you get when you get a dog or add a new one to your pack, its an unexplained high.Good luck!

Comment

An example of the breeds drive to problem solve.

Last edited by paradox; October 4th, 2011, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Here's the fella now, 15 lbs heavier. Stankin' ass dog.

004.jpg013.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Rjackd1 View Post
              Here's the fella now, 15 lbs heavier. Stankin' ass dog.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]269809[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]269810[/ATTACH]
              he looks possessed. that'd be scary.
              The world's best spoon's player

Comment

Originally posted by daciz2 View Post
                he looks possessed. that'd be scary.

Haha yeah the flash lit his eyes up. They are a weird shade of yellow though. He's definitely possessed by a little retard though...lol he fuckin cracks me up.

Comment

Working...
                X