The most you've paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iron8 View Post
    Can you fellas tell me why you chose those dogs over another? Particular trait? Demeanor? Had one when you were a kid?
    Basically the initial bloodlines of staffies and the "pitbull" was geared torwards fighting. So contrary to what you may have heard about these breeds, anything that is large and heavily muslced, "human aggressive" or temperamentally unsound was outbreed and only small agile dogs were selected to fight. They were the "blue print" to most of these bloodlines of pitbulls like "jeep" "razor's edge" etc etc.

The newer stuff that Dlew posted are really just variations of those breeds I listed above and selected for muscularity, color, and if the breeder is ethical, you can breed for selective perks in temperment. Doesn't happen in one generation though. You'd need a good few generations and a variation of the same linage.
    "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

Comment

Originally posted by Canucklehead View Post
      Our lab/shepherd cross was free, but she needed $2000 surgery two weeks after we got her... then had to pay some jackass $1400 to repair his poodle after she bit it.
      Was it your fault? if it happened on your property you would have been lucky I presume in not having to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by zeroman614 View Post
        Miniature Schnauzer, we have a smallish house with a small yard, wife wanted a mini-Schnauzer. I wanted an German Shepard....
        Take my word, alot of whats out their now is rubish. Over breed Shephards. Even the ones with so call paper work from AKC or Any other title or German Bloodline.

The only way to guarantee that you get a true German Shephard that has the TRUE characteristically to find one that has come from a proven bloodline of working dogs. They will only select dogs that are temperamentally sound and driven to work.
        Otherwise youll have a dog that is physically incorrect, Bad hips, bad temperament, or just not what the breed is supposed to stand for.

If you want a Herding type dog that is better breed, better built, as strong and smart and basically will hot have as much health problems as the German Shepherds I would do for Dutch Shepherds or Belgium Shepherds.

Comment

Dutch Shephard

Comment

Belgium Shepherds.

Comment

Of those 2, I recommend the Dutch Shepard. Incredibly strong. Much stronger than the Germans and Belgium imo, also as large as the German Shephard, in terms of height, but pack more muscle and somehow more agile and larger.

Belguim from what I saw and heard were very high drive, which could be a problem if your not experienced with working dogs. Their both high drive dogs, but the dutch is just a few notches "calmer"
              Last edited by paradox; January 4th, 2012, 01:21 AM.

Comment

I was at work... the dog was with my wife and kid, the incident happened on the street in front of our house. If we didn't pay our dog would have been put on the city's dangerous dogs list, and her license would cost more than 5x as much every year.

Comment

I was at work... the dog was with my wife and kid, the incident happened on the street in front of our house. If we didn't pay our dog would have been put on the city's dangerous dogs list, and her license would cost more than 5x as much every year.
                  Thats a tough situation. At least its over with. I know how you felt with your dog. The entire court system and process involved is a nightmare, which is why most owners simply give up on the dog due to mounting cost and legal action if the dog does something.

Comment

She's a good dog, fiercely protective of my daughter, car, and home.

winter 006.jpg

Comment

She's a good dog, fiercely protective of my daughter, car, and home.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]269090[/ATTACH]
                      Exactly what a dog should be. Anything less is useless.

Comment

Bought the wife a Englsh Mastiff Purebreed for 1000 he is fixed and is 3 years old. Weighs 211 pounds and stands almost 7 ft! Hes so awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by BoyfromMars View Post
                          Bought the wife a Englsh Mastiff Purebreed for 1000 he is fixed and is 3 years old. Weighs 211 pounds and stands almost 7 ft! Hes so awesome!
                          wow that's a huge dog. mind posting a pic i'm curious...
                          The world's best spoon's player

Comment

Originally posted by BoyfromMars View Post
                            You sure its not 8.

Comment

I paid $1,000 for a Doberman Pincher. Dog was originally $2,000 but hey he has a white spot. Those that know dogs know a white spot on a Doberman means the dog will never win a show. I argued this point and so the huge discount. Excellent blood line. Excellent dog. Worth every penny. And who cares about a white spot. I never had any intention of a shoe.

Comment

Originally posted by daciz2 View Post
                                wow that's a huge dog. mind posting a pic i'm curious...

Sure!

Angus.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X