Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dogs

not a bitch thread.

who owns a dog, what kind and what are your experiences with him/her.

just bought a berner sennen pup myself.

discuss.

cats.
    Originally posted by Nik133

This is bodyBUILDING, not getting a bag of shit into condition building.

Comment

Bought from petstore or adopted from SPCA?

Originally posted by ikke View Post
      not a bitch thread.

who owns a dog, what kind and what are your experiences with him/her.

just bought a berner sennen pup myself.

discuss.
      DlewBolsenviciousVSILBB23RMBvillanEvanCentopaniAri esGeorgeForemanRules

Comment

nope.

real deal.

lineage certified etc.

Comment

I bred German shepherds for a while. Sold everything became to much to handle. Kept a male with my parents still own. Great hairy bastard, solid German Bloodlines. I've had a quite a few breeds.

From all the breeds that I've owned, I enjoy the herding/protection breed. I love Dutch Shepherds & Belgian Malinois or a well bred Doberman.

I don't like those massive pitbull types, I've seen a whole lot of them. There good eye candy and nice to show off cause their big and muscular.

The "gladiator" or bandog breeds are a bit harder to deal with and handle. But I'll make the exception for a Persa Canario. Great guard dogs, not a good well rounded personal protection to take everywhere though. Stuborn and not too bright. But get them to protect a property or house and there my top pick.

For the most part, I like dogs that can be worked and controlled off leash. ( although I've seen some pits being used for protection and shutzhund. But It's going to take a long time before anything substantial comes along.)
          "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

Comment

i live in belgium and was considering e belgiean malinois = mechelse herder for a while.

but i have two ruggrats running around and thought it best to consider another breed.

paradox, any pointers on adressing a relatively big dog are appreciated !

Comment

I own 2 boxers. Best dogs I've ever had. Great family dogs but very active and protective as well. Will never own another breed!!

Comment

@ bosser, a friend of mine just purchased a boxer and is having a hell of a time.

i'll forward your comments on the breed, he needs the comforting.

Comment

nope.

real deal.

lineage certified etc.
                  LOL, fucking moron.

"just bought a berner sennen pup myself."

all the homeless, neglected dogs you could have saved, yet you wanted an "official" one of a certain breed. People are absolutely idiotic.
                  "Feel ill as fuck - not sure if it is protein powder or tren?"-bigdog123

Comment

i live in belgium and was considering e belgiean malinois = mechelse herder for a while.

but i have two ruggrats running around and thought it best to consider another breed.

paradox, any pointers on adressing a relatively big dog are appreciated !

Excellent move! I've seen a lot of people get the wrong breed and wind up getting into trouble and have the dog attack their children or eventually become to much to handle and say that the animal "turned on us" or neurotic or you'll have the other extreme side who say the dogs should mingle with young children unsupervised and that the dog is family ( which they are but not around young children). They Not realizing the danger there putting their children in.

Dogs are dogs, I didn't create them. And we have breeds for a reason, becasue of SELECTION! some dogs have high prey drive, high work drive and they would not be ideal for a home. Some are docile and through proper 1-selection 2-care. You'll have a great dog. Or you can get a mutt, some are also very good.

I have a a simple rule. children and dogs never mix alone. EVER. Dogs bite for no reason, they don't need a reason to bite, they use their mouth to communicate and play. Sometimes because there being playful, other times a play turned into dominance turned into predidtory instinct to continue biting. You can't talk to a dog and say, hey don't bite me or my kids. Just becasue the dog is friendly and "loyal" doesn't mean he won't bite. And bite doesn't need to be malice, it could be a warning bite or I'm in a bad mood type of bite, where its not hard, but to a young kid it can cause serious damage.

Just exercise caution with young children, because they move around a lot, its they get bit the most most becasue they stir up natural instincts in dogs to inspect, which can quickly turn predatory. regardless of the breed.
                    There are countless of stories, research papers and any breeder or handler worth his time will say the same things.

For the most part, get on a routine and make sure everyone follows it, especially young pupd. Give the pup their own space, don't keep them locked up all day, plenty of exercise and stimulation and eventually after some time things will just click, and know its position in the family structure.

I do recommend and spay/neutering. Especially if its not going to be used for work and more so for house. A unaltered male in the house can be very problematic and his agression level will be very hard to deal with.
                    Last edited by paradox; December 10th, 2012, 06:31 PM.
                    "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

Comment

@ bosser, a friend of mine just purchased a boxer and is having a hell of a time.

i'll forward your comments on the breed, he needs the comforting.
                      They need to be exercised, that's the most important part. They arnt a lazy dog, if they don't get mental and physical stimulation they will likely find trouble, chew etc.. We've never had any issues.

Comment

I own a tan Staffordshire Terrier ( a pitbull), and a brindle American pit. They are both rescues. I love it that they look aggressive, scary and a little gangsta, but are actually sweethearts and represent the breeds well. Smart loyal and powerful. I trust them with my life!

Comment

I've got myself a mutt. Adopted the girl from the shelter when she was 12 weeks old. You need to be patient and persistent if you want them to do as they're told. Off leash dog parks are a god-send too if available. Great for letting them socialize so they aren't biting people. My buddy owns a berner and he's a very lovable dog. Needs a lot of attention though which I don't think they provide.

Comment

I want one, but 12 hour shifts with a 1 hour commute. So 14+ hour days. Plus school, don't think I'd have any time
                            Subscribe - http://youtube.com/blackwellmuscle
                            http://swoletra.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal Master View Post
                              LOL, fucking moron.

"just bought a berner sennen pup myself."

all the homeless, neglected dogs you could have saved, yet you wanted an "official" one of a certain breed. People are absolutely idiotic.
                              relax bro, some people need some schooling and dont realize how many great dogs there are out there, that need a good home.

the first dog i have is a boxer, she was purchased as a pure breed. i didnt realize how many boxer rescues there are out there. this is a difficult breed to handle especially if you are not active yourself, and do not have experience with dogs. super smart, stubborn and need attention. second, came my Chihuahua mix. he came from Louisiana he is a little disabled and had some health issues. he is the best dog ever and there is no doubt in my mind he knows he was rescued. then came my most recent, a rescued chinese crested from florida. he is awesome as well, he was house broken, listens great and is adorable. he takes a little more maintenance than the other two but an overall low key pup, all of them are around 3-4 years old.
                              Prime Nutrition NorthEast USA Region @Big_Papa_Prime And @Bazookajoe35

Comment

Working...
                              X