For my fellow dog /pet lovers out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For my fellow dog /pet lovers out there

My beloved 16 yr old Shetland Sheepdog, Ginger, is near the end of her time on earth.
    I took her to the vet yesterday and she's having heart problems, common for her age.
    She's on some meds now, but it's no cure and only helps keep her comfortable.

I didn't go to the gym last night and just hung out with my dear "friend" instead.
    Thanks for allowing me to share and post this.
    Attached Files
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Sorry to hear that brother. I have 3 dogs and love them all, I dread the day that they suffer or are in any kind of pain
    VP of Marketing for Nutrabio
    instagram @naturalguy2.0

Comment

Its very sad when this happens, but you should think that he had a nice life thanks to your love and care.
      http://betionastore.es/

Comment

Originally posted by Beti ona View Post
        Its very sad when this happens, but you should think that he had a nice life thanks to your love and care.
        Thanks and in all modesty, she had a pretty sweet quality of life with me.

Comment

Abby_E_May_16.jpg

Howard, my puppy and I are sending you and your puppy a big hug!
          I never thought in this life time I would become a "dog" person but, when we adopted Abby almost 3 years ago I most certainly did!
          She is a love! And gives nothing but unconditional love. I cannot imagine my life without her goofy happiness.
          I hope she is comfortable. I know she knows how much you care for and love her.

Comment

I know the feeling. Best wishes.

Comment

Howard I have 2 dogs an Australian kelpie and a rot mix. Love them to pieces. Sorry to hear about your little family members illness. Best wishes
              There's nothing I'm afraid of like scared people.
              - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                My beloved 16 yr old Shetland Sheepdog, Ginger, is near the end of her time on earth.
                I took her to the vet yesterday and she's having heart problems, common for her age.
                She's on some meds now, but it's no cure and only helps keep her comfortable.

I didn't go to the gym last night and just hung out with my dear "friend" instead.
                Thanks for allowing me to share and post this.
                Im so sorry to hear this Howard. I have 2 cats that I love more than I can describe. They are both about to turn 12 in october and one of them is still very spry and crazy and the other one has seemed to slow down a bit. I took him to the vet and heath is good besides being overweight which I am trying to take care of. I could not imagine my life without them and when that sad day comes I know I will be crying for months. They are not our pets but our family. Good luck to you and im sure your baby knows just how much you love her and im sure you gave her an amazing life.
                "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Comment

Nothing worst than seeing your longtime pet live their final days. hang in there Howard!! Best wishes!!

Comment

We lost our 2 beloved poochies back in 2013.... 8 months apart.

I never realized how much I loved them until they passed. Ripped my heart out. Even typing this chokes me up.
                    http://mcillustrator.blogspot.com/20...en-muscle.html

Comment

Originally posted by IRON DWARF View Post
                      We lost our 2 beloved poochies back in 2013.... 8 months apart.

I never realized how much I loved them until they passed. Ripped my heart out. Even typing this chokes me up.
                      When i typed my response I also got a bit choked up just thinking about it and then when I read blacks post that almost made it fully dusty in here lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitbull9 View Post
                        Im so sorry to hear this Howard. I have 2 cats that I love more than I can describe. They are both about to turn 12 in october and one of them is still very spry and crazy and the other one has seemed to slow down a bit. I took him to the vet and heath is good besides being overweight which I am trying to take care of. I could not imagine my life without them and when that sad day comes I know I will be crying for months. They are not our pets but our family. Good luck to you and im sure your baby knows just how much you love her and im sure you gave her an amazing life.

Pit...I have always been a cat person and my kittehs are 11 years now...and yes although spry and a little crazy here and there, they have both slowed down. I too worry and feel sad to know someday they will no longer be with me. They have been with me through thick and thin! Puppy and kittehs are indeed family!

Comment

Originally posted by CurvyGirl68 View Post

Pit...I have always been a cat person and my kittehs are 11 years now...and yes although spry and a little crazy here and there, they have both slowed down. I too worry and feel sad to know someday they will no longer be with me. They have been with me
                          through thick and thin! Puppy and kittehs are indeed family!
                          For me as well. I love them more than I can even describe or try to put in words.

Comment

Originally posted by blacktaboo View Post
                            Nothing worst than seeing your longtime pet live their final days. hang in there Howard!! Best wishes!!
                            It's tough seeing her so weak and frail now, but, this is when she really needs love, care and compassion.

* I don't want to clog the board with a bunch of similar replies to everyone who posted.
                            Please know, I read, reflect and smile by reading EVERY reply. Thank you!

Comment

So sorry to hear this. Dogs are a family member. When my Sophie gets to the end I will be heart broken. She's my best friend and cuddle buddy. My mother-in-law always says "Never trust anyone who doesn't love dogs" and she's 100% correct. I wish you and your puppy the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X