This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEADn View Post
    The bible and the Koran go somewhat parallel until you reach the passage of Isaac and Ishmael in the OT. It splits from there and the Koran goes a separate way. Compare and contrast what the bible says of God, sin, and redemption to what the Koran says of it and you will find information that you won't hear in a religious public forum unless someone is pressed for details.

I wrote a paper titles 'Does Islam support terrorism' which helped me read more history into this mohammed character and Islam. I posted it on my blog and it gets the most views of anything I have posted.
    Interesting, you have a link so I can take a look at it? Slow day here in the pharmaceutical world.

Comment

http://jw-thoughts.blogspot.com/2009...m-support.html

Comment

Follow what Jesus does in the NT in response to the Jews and religious leaders and in regards to the law and the OT and you will have your answer. Don't be lazy and don't twist the search otherwise the conversation will just be foolishness.

You must be speaking to your christian bretheren here, for they lean and cherry pick the ot more than any challenger to the faith could dream of. This is a Quran verse thread though not a debate thread... start it up somewhere else....
        “War is peace.
        Freedom is slavery.
        Ignorance is strength.”
        ― George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by The Celt View Post
          You must be speaking to your christian bretheren here, for they lean and cherry pick the ot more than any challenger to the faith could dream of. This is a Quran verse thread though not a debate thread... start it up somewhere else....
          If you will read the posts before mine you will understand why I posted this and to whom I posted this.

Comment

While combing through it you will find that Jehovah and Allah are 2 separate beings when you compare scripture with the Koran. You will also find that the Koran does not esteem Jesus as high as the Bible does which will reveal to you that another spirit is behind the Koran.
            The Quran states Jesus was a prophet.

I don't follow these eccentric details, but that is what muslims believe: Jesus was a prophet, and not the son of god.

Comment

Originally posted by sargent View Post
              The Quran states Jesus was a prophet.

I don't follow these eccentric details, but that is what muslims believe: Jesus was a prophet, and not the son of god.
              Koran will not acknowledge Jesus is God. That is a major deal. It is one thing to be a Prophet but it is very different from Being God. This is what society misses with Islam.

Comment

While combing through it you will find that Jehovah and Allah are 2 separate beings when you compare scripture with the Koran. You will also find that the Koran does not esteem Jesus as high as the Bible does which will reveal to you that another spirit is behind the Koran.
                End of thread
                I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
                JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

She said, 'My Lord, how shall I have a son, when no man has touched me? He said, 'Such is the way of ALLAH. HE creates what HE pleases. When HE decrees a thing HE says to it 'Be,' and it is;"—Qur'an, Surah 3:38-48
                  “War is peace.
                  Freedom is slavery.
                  Ignorance is strength.”
                  ― George Orwell

Comment

I see nothing very different here compared to the Christian Bible.

More vague pronouncements. Another insecure god. More passages trying to make US special vs THEM.

Typical human stuff.
                    Check out my redesigned video samples page!
                    http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Comment

Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
                      I see nothing very different here compared to the Christian Bible.

More vague pronouncements. Another insecure god. More passages trying to make US special vs THEM.

Typical human stuff.
                      Because your problem is you are not comparing and contrasting. Here I thought you were more intelligent that that Mike. Don't let me down now man!! Don't be the typical trender, accepting what you see on the surface without digging deeper. Don't you dig deeper in other areas of life? So why are you not digging deeper here? Lack of caring is the answer, most likely.

Comment

I took this thread as a means of Chemodan26 being given the same right as the Christians to have a safe place to present verse from the Quran.

No real recovery now and heaven knows threads often morph beyond original scope so I'll chime in.

How can someone who believes the bible not believe the Quran? That's like believing in Marvel superheroes but not DC superheroes or vice versa.

Comment

Because your problem is you are not comparing and contrasting. Here I thought you were more intelligent that that Mike. Don't let me down now man!! Don't be the typical trender, accepting what you see on the surface without digging deeper. Don't you dig deeper in other areas of life? So why are you not digging deeper here? Lack of caring is the answer, most likely.
                          What do you think I'm missing?
                          Check out my redesigned video samples page!
                          http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Comment

Mke has a fair point.

DEADn, great blog.

Comment

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Comment

Originally posted by sargent View Post
                                Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"
                                Noone has a problem with God or "spirituality", but as soon as you mention JESUS, oh boy, folks dont like that! You look at every religion, every secular philosophy, Oprah, secular television, there is one name and one name only they always try to steer clear of> JESUS!!!
                                I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
                                JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Working...
                                X