Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this book the Quran say about love? what does it say on how to love your family? and yourself and others?
    MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

Answer me this SOJ, do you have custody of your kids/kid? If not, what steps are you taking to rectify the damage done to them?

Comment

Quran (17:16) - "And when We wish to destroy a town, We send Our commandment to the people of it who lead easy lives, but they transgress therein; thus the word proves true against it, so We destroy it with utter destruction."

Comment

“You shall not enter Paradise until you have faith, and you shall not have faith until you love one another. Have compassion on those who are on earth, and He Who is in Heaven will have compassion for you.”

Muslim? Christian? Buddhist?
          “War is peace.
          Freedom is slavery.
          Ignorance is strength.”
          ― George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by The Celt View Post
            “You shall not enter Paradise until you have faith, and you shall not have faith until you love one another. Have compassion on those who are on earth, and He Who is in Heaven will have compassion for you.”

Let's get to the point...does the Quran accept Jesus as the Son of the Living God? Do you even know who Ishmael and Isaac were? God appointed Isaac as the legitimate son of Abraham to lead the Chosen people. Ishmael carried the seed of revence, hatred, and resentment within him because of that. That is where Islam came from
            I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
            JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Originally posted by The Celt View Post

This is from the Muslim Hadith.
              It is a very slippery slope because even someone who wants to live a positive life would probably agree with this and I don't blame them. The missing link in it is the Jesus Factor.

You shall not enter Paradise until you have faith
              Faith in what? What do you think this 'faith' is referring to?

Comment

From the Celt: “You shall not enter Paradise until you have faith, and you shall not have faith until you love one another. Have compassion on those who are on earth, and He Who is in Heaven will have compassion for you.”

A poster noted this was from the Hadith.

Not the Quran.

There are some peaceful passages in the Quran but they are in the earlier chapters. The latter chapter contains the violence and orders to commit violence.

The rule for Islam and the rule for muslims is that is there is a contradiction or lack of clarity in the Quran, the latter chapters negate the earlier chapters.

Why? I don't know. Another rule for this fallacy.

Comment

what does the Quran say about the blood of Jesus?
                  JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Or for that matter what does buddhism, hinduism, Oprah, and People's Magazine, and cable TV networks say about the blood of Jesus? ...that's what I thought
                    JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Originally posted by RockyIII View Post
                      Or for that matter what does buddhism, hinduism, Oprah, and People's Magazine, and cable TV networks say about the blood of Jesus? ...that's what I thought
                      They say it's a made up story. Does that bother you?
                      Check out my redesigned video samples page!
                      http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Comment

Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
                        They say it's a made up story. Does that bother you?
                        Nope, it says that there is a pre-determined conscious effort by the evil forces to keep man separated from God.
                        JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Originally posted by DEADn View Post
                          You shall not enter Paradise until you have faith
                          Faith in what? What do you think this 'faith' is referring to?
                          The concept of "faith" is a vice and not a virtue.

Sacrfice in the Aztec religions required faith. Nazism required faith.

You cannot reason with faith or have morality with 'faith.'

With faith: the truth is what you believe.

Comment

Nope, it says that there is a pre-determined conscious effort by the evil forces to keep man separated from God.
                            Predetermined by WHOM?
                            Check out my redesigned video samples page!
                            http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Comment

Let's get to the point...does the Quran accept Jesus as the Son of the Living God? Do you even know who Ishmael and Isaac were? God appointed Isaac as the legitimate son of Abraham to lead the Chosen people. Ishmael carried the seed of revence, hatred, and resentment within him because of that. That is where Islam came from

I'm assuming you don't. So given that assumption lets see what God said about Ishmael....

"20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee; behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation."

It would seem as though the Living God you speak of has a much higher opinion of Ismael than you. Who are you then to go against the word of the living God you claim to worship?
                              “War is peace.
                              Freedom is slavery.
                              Ignorance is strength.”
                              ― George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by sargent View Post
                                From the Celt: “You shall not enter Paradise until you have faith, and you shall not have faith until you love one another. Have compassion on those who are on earth, and He Who is in Heaven will have compassion for you.”

A poster noted this was from the Hadith.

Not the Quran.

There are some peaceful passages in the Quran but they are in the earlier chapters. The latter chapter contains the violence and orders to commit violence.

The rule for Islam and the rule for muslims is that is there is a contradiction or lack of clarity in the Quran, the latter chapters negate the earlier chapters.

Why? I don't know. Another rule for this fallacy.

Much like the NT is supposed to out weight the OT, unless believers wish tot cherry pick from the OT to support their own viewpoints?
                                “War is peace.
                                Freedom is slavery.
                                Ignorance is strength.”
                                ― George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                                X