Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quran Verse of the Day

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
    Predetermined by WHOM?
    By the evil forces
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by The Celt View Post
      I'm assuming you don't. So given that assumption lets see what God said about Ishmael....

      "20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee; behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation."


      It would seem as though the Living God you speak of has a much higher opinion of Ishmael than you. Who are you then to go against the word of the living God you claim to worship?
      Exactly my point; in all His kindness God still offered Ismael a good life, yet He chose Isaac and his seed for His everlasting covenant.

      Read Genesis 17:19-21

      But My covenant will I establish with Isaac
      I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
      JESUS THE CHRIST

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by RockyIII View Post
        By the evil forces
        With God's foreknowledge?
        Check out my redesigned video samples page!
        http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
          With God's foreknowledge?
          yes, but that is irrelevant, as He gave us free will, and we keep falling for the devil's web of lies and deception.
          I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
          JESUS THE CHRIST

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by RockyIII View Post
            yes, but that is irrelevant, as He gave us free will, and we keep falling for the devil's web of lies and deception.
            So this is all a test and God doesn't know if we will pass or fail?
            Check out my redesigned video samples page!
            http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
              So this is all a test and God doesn't know if we will pass or fail?
              it's not a test. He created us with free will, because love given without free will would not be love at all. He also told us and warned us of how to live in covenant with Him, yet we disobeyed. Are we doomed? yes and no.
              I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
              JESUS THE CHRIST

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by RockyIII View Post
                yes, but that is irrelevant, as He gave us free will, and we keep falling for the devil's web of lies and deception.

                Doublespeak at its finest. You defeat yourself each time you try to defend your position...
                “War is peace.
                Freedom is slavery.
                Ignorance is strength.”
                ― George Orwell

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by RockyIII View Post
                  it's not a test. He created us with free will, because love given without free will would not be love at all. He also told us and warned us of how to live in covenant with Him, yet we disobeyed. Are we doomed? yes and no.
                  Which covenant?
                  “War is peace.
                  Freedom is slavery.
                  Ignorance is strength.”
                  ― George Orwell

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by RockyIII View Post
                    what does the Quran say about the blood of Jesus?
                    I hope to hell you learn how to read one day...

                    "O Jesus, I will cause you to die, and exalt you to My presence, and clear you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve till the day of Judgment." (3:54)
                    Here God made with Jesus four promises:
                    1. "Cause you to die" (tawaffa), i.e., Jesus would not be killed by the Jews, but would die a natural death.
                    2. "Exalt you in My presence" (raf‘a), i.e., he would not be crucified, which the Jews sought to do to prove him accursed, but rather he would receive Divine nearness. In fact,raf‘a is the opposite of wad‘a, the latter meaning disgrace and the former meaning honouring.
                    3. "Clear you of those who disbelieve" (tathir), i.e., he would be cleared of the Jews’ allegations against him, as he was by the Holy Prophet Muhammad.
                    4. "Make those who follow you above those who disbelieve till the day of Judgement", i.e. his followers would forever have the upper hand over his rejectors.
                    “War is peace.
                    Freedom is slavery.
                    Ignorance is strength.”
                    ― George Orwell

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by The Celt View Post
                      I hope to hell you learn how to read one day...
                      "O Jesus, I will cause you to die, and exalt you to My presence, and clear you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve till the day of Judgment." (3:54)
                      Here God made with Jesus four promises:
                      1. "Cause you to die" (tawaffa), i.e., Jesus would not be killed by the Jews, but would die a natural death.
                      2. "Exalt you in My presence" (raf‘a), i.e., he would not be crucified, which the Jews sought to do to prove him accursed, but rather he would receive Divine nearness. In fact,raf‘a is the opposite of wad‘a, the latter meaning disgrace and the former meaning honouring.
                      3. "Clear you of those who disbelieve" (tathir), i.e., he would be cleared of the Jews’ allegations against him, as he was by the Holy Prophet Muhammad.
                      4. "Make those who follow you above those who disbelieve till the day of Judgement", i.e. his followers would forever have the upper hand over his rejectors.
                      Isn't it amazing that this contradicts scripture and if it contradicts scripture then it must be of another spirit. A false spirit.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by DEADn View Post
                        Isn't it amazing that this contradicts scripture and if it contradicts scripture then it must be of another spirit. A false spirit.
                        you are talking to a guy who claimed of having read the bible thru and thru yet he didnt even know that there is an animal who speaks on behalf of God in the bible's pages
                        I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
                        JESUS THE CHRIST

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by RockyIII View Post
                          you are talking to a guy who claimed of having read the bible thru and thru yet he didnt even know that there is an animal who speaks on behalf of God in the bible's pages
                          The earlier posts, as well as those who talk about their Muslim faith, never seem to tell the whole story of the difference between the biblical account of who Jesus is and the prophecies foretold of him and what the Koran shows. The comments are usually in the vein of Jesus was a Prophet of God and it stops there. As you said earlier, the Koran follows the line of Ishmael whereas the Bible follows the line of Isaac. Ishmael is the wildman. Does that resemble the middle east of generations?

                          Allah does not have a son and Allah would never come in the flesh to redeem mankind.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by DEADn View Post
                            The earlier posts, as well as those who talk about their Muslim faith, never seem to tell the whole story of the difference between the biblical account of who Jesus is and the prophecies foretold of him and what the Koran shows. The comments are usually in the vein of Jesus was a Prophet of God and it stops there. As you said earlier, the Koran follows the line of Ishmael whereas the Bible follows the line of Isaac. Ishmael is the wildman. Does that resemble the middle east of generations?

                            Allah does not have a son and Allah would never come in the flesh to redeem mankind.
                            Good point...all religions either deny the existence of Jesus or try to bring Him down to human level, denying the fact that He comes from the same essence of God, that He is in fact God made flesh and blood.
                            Also, just like Muslim faith, if you look at Buddhism, Hinduism, Confucius, whatever, you will notice that they are always about man trying to reach out to deity. With Christ we witness the opposite, deity is reaching out to humanity...Peter sank in the waters and Jesus reached out and grabbed his hand to pull him out of the water; that scene right there is Christianity in a nutshell
                            I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
                            JESUS THE CHRIST

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              So you emphatically deny that a. Jesus' divinity was a borrowed attribute from other religions and b. Jesus himself never wanted to start a new religion?
                              “War is peace.
                              Freedom is slavery.
                              Ignorance is strength.”
                              ― George Orwell

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by The Celt View Post
                                So you emphatically deny that a. Jesus' divinity was a borrowed attribute from other religions and b. Jesus himself never wanted to start a new religion?
                                A. Jesus was Divinity Himself.
                                Countless scripture which refer to His coming and Who he would be.
                                57Then said the Jews to him, You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham? 58Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am. Book of John 8

                                B.Jesus Fulfilled the Old Covenant and established a New Convenant.
                                In fact, the reason Christianity arose is because the Jewish leaders condemned Him and threw Him out and crucified him and the people backed them up it seemed. Thus, Judaism cast Jesus out and rejected their Messiah and thus Christianity arose from the ashes and it was offered to the Gentiles as a result.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X