X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEADn View Post
    A. Jesus was Divinity Himself.
    Countless scripture which refer to His coming and Who he would be.
    57Then said the Jews to him, You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham? 58Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am. Book of John 8

B.Jesus Fulfilled the Old Covenant and established a New Convenant.
    In fact, the reason Christianity arose is because the Jewish leaders condemned Him and threw Him out and crucified him and the people backed them up it seemed. Thus, Judaism cast Jesus out and rejected their Messiah and thus Christianity arose from the ashes and it was offered to the Gentiles as a result.
    you are trying to explain that to someone who asked me what exactly "covenant" means
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Originally posted by The Celt View Post
      So you emphatically deny that a. Jesus' divinity was a borrowed attribute from other religions and b. Jesus himself never wanted to start a new religion?
      Jesus wanted to start a new religion? LOL...Jesus is the Word and the Word is God, thus Jesus is God. He was there before anything existed and He will be there after everything is gone...and you think He just wanted to start a new religion? He is not new nor old, He just IS
      JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

A. Jesus was Divinity Himself.
        Countless scripture which refer to His coming and Who he would be.
        57Then said the Jews to him, You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham? 58Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am. Book of John 8

B.Jesus Fulfilled the Old Covenant and established a New Convenant.
        In fact, the reason Christianity arose is because the Jewish leaders condemned Him and threw Him out and crucified him and the people backed them up it seemed. Thus, Judaism cast Jesus out and rejected their Messiah and thus Christianity arose from the ashes and it was offered to the Gentiles as a result.

Then why did Jesus follow the laws of Judaism until his death?
        “War is peace.
        Freedom is slavery.
        Ignorance is strength.”
        ― George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by RockyIII View Post
          Jesus wanted to start a new religion? LOL...Jesus is the Word and the Word is God, thus Jesus is God. He was there before anything existed and He will be there after everything is gone...and you think He just wanted to start a new religion? He is not new nor old, He just IS

Who wrote the New Testament?
          “War is peace.
          Freedom is slavery.
          Ignorance is strength.”
          ― George Orwell

Comment

Isn't it amazing that this contradicts scripture and if it contradicts scripture then it must be of another spirit. A false spirit.
            According to YOUR scripture. That proves nothing.

It's the battle of the scriptures that will kill us all.
            Check out my redesigned video samples page!
            http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Comment

it's not a test. He created us with free will, because love given without free will would not be love at all. He also told us and warned us of how to live in covenant with Him, yet we disobeyed. Are we doomed? yes and no.
              You didn't answer the question...does God already know in advance if you will pass or fail His test? Can God see your future?
              Check out my redesigned video samples page!
              http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Comment

Much like the NT is supposed to out weight the OT, unless believers wish tot cherry pick from the OT to support their own viewpoints?
                You (I presume) know more about Xtian theology than me, CELT.

I do not know.

I never knew the the NT negates the OT.

Definitely cherry picking for convenience by many, many, people.

Celt, please note my comment about the latter chapters negating earlier ones is about Islam - not Xtianity.

The latter chapter "trumping" is in Islamic theology.

The problem with cheery picking the Quran is that eacy individual word is the direct word of god (according to Islamic theology).

There can be no doubt of any word, or any ignoring. The OT and NT are not considered the 'direct word of god.'

I think this is the root of the problem with Islam.

You cannot reason with faith. And you damn sure canot reason with someone who believes very word, phrase, order, and sentence was/is the direct word of god.

Comment

Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
                  You didn't answer the question...does God already know in advance if you will pass or fail His test? Can God see your future?
                  I explained this before...He doesnt have to "see" the future because He is already "in" the future. He stands outside the constraints of time so He doesnt have to predict the future, He already exists in it.
                  JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Originally posted by sargent View Post

I do not know.

Celt, please note my comment about the latter chapters negating earlier ones is about Islam - not Xtianity.

The problem with cheery picking the Quran is that eacy individual word is the direct word of god (according to Islamic theology).

There can be no doubt of any word, or any ignoring. The OT and NT are not considered the 'direct word of god.'

You cannot reason with faith. And you damn sure canot reason with someone who believes very word, phrase, order, and sentence was/is the direct word of god.
                    OT and NT do not negate each other...sin is sin in both testaments
                    JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Originally posted by sargent View Post

I do not know.

If it is a "New" testament, and all the old laws of Judaism are refuted in the development of the teachings of Christ, thus bringing about an entirely New Religion, doesn't it take away the need for the OT all together?

If you ask many (most) Christians, they will tell you that the Bible is the irrefutable word of God.

As for DeadN 's quote that Jesus "fulfilled" the Old Covenant. He did not. The story of Christ fulfilled prophecy in the OT, mainly those given by Isaiah...
                      “War is peace.
                      Freedom is slavery.
                      Ignorance is strength.”
                      ― George Orwell

Comment

Who wrote the New testament?
                        “War is peace.
                        Freedom is slavery.
                        Ignorance is strength.”
                        ― George Orwell

Comment

Thanks Rocky III, for the clarification. I had never heard nor read or "refutation" in Xtianity.

Celt, you need to do your homework on this, as you made the statement about NT refuting OT.

Comment

If it is a "New" testament, and all the old laws of Judaism are refuted in the development of the teachings of Christ, thus bringing about an entirely New Religion, doesn't it take away the need for the OT all together?
                            Jesus never brought a new religion. The term christian did not exist in his lifetime.

If you ask many (most) Christians, they will tell you that the Bible is the irrefutable word of God.
                            False. Xtians know that the Bible is a collection of stories and historical stories written by humans.

Comment

Many People and there were additions and edits and changes.

I presume your question is rhetorical? Why?

Comment

God
                                JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Working...
                                X