Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

China Buys Another American Brand Name: Motorola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting anti U.S. bashing threads again Herc?
    Try reading some actual financial and economic data and understanding what you are posting before you post this political anti U.S> crap.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/29/goo...ale-to-lenovo/

Lenovo bought the Motorola hardware pipeline.
    The patent value is mostly retained by Google.

As to China..

The Chinese economy is decelerating.
    Chinese factories are facing a slowdown in orders.

As to how some that don't understand what they are posting about and may think that the the U.S. dollar is doomed because the U.S. is in decline and everyone is selling dollars...
    The flight is to the U.S and other nations currencies that are considered to be a 'safe haven'.
    People that know what they are doing do not move capital into the currencies of countries that are in danger of failure.

Hope that helps.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...kets-rout.html

Dollar Rises Most Since May as Taper Fuels Emerging-Markets Rout
    By Joseph Ciolli Feb 1, 2014 12:00 AM ET

The dollar had its biggest monthly gain against a basket of peers since May as a global selloff of emerging-market currencies prompted investors to seek the relative safety of haven assets.
    The yen gained versus the dollar for the first time in six months as the global rout spurred investors to reverse carry trades. The Argentine peso and Hungary’s forint were January’s two biggest emerging-market losers. The greenback climbed versus all 31 major peers except the yen as the Federal Reserve scaled back monthly bond purchases a second time, citing labor-market improvements. U.S. payrolls gains more than doubled last month, according to a Bloomberg survey before next week’s report.
    Last edited by Buadain; February 1, 2014, 01:08 PM.
    My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

I don't even think Motorolla produces anything in the US. There are a couple factories in the city where I live though.

Comment

Like many tech companies Motorola had run its course. Google bought it largely for the patent portfolio and consideration of trying handset market. Google opted out of hardware (handset) market as unlike apple the android app runs across many phones which is favorable for their business model. Microsoft and Nokia - similar scenario is a possibility but Microsoft has been pushing its own hardware.

In the end Lenovo had cash and cash is king. When I list a stock I don't care who purchases it.

It's all scare tactics about China. Media exist by exploiting negative angles - the positives are rarely front page news. America is a great country and it's sad to see people so readily buy into the negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro-Primal View Post
          Like many tech companies Motorola had run its course. Google bought it largely for the patent portfolio and consideration of trying handset market. Google opted out of hardware (handset) market as unlike apple the android app runs across many phones which is favorable for their business model. Microsoft and Nokia - similar scenario is a possibility but Microsoft has been pushing its own hardware.

In the end Lenovo had cash and cash is king. When I list a stock I don't care who purchases it.

It's all scare tactics about China. Media exist by exploiting negative angles - the positives are rarely front page news. America is a great country and it's sad to see people so readily buy into the negative.
          Where exactly do you think you are posting at?
          Why does your post allow an inference that you understand what you are posting about?
          This is a Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt thread.
          Please try to constrain your posts to copy and pastes of America in decline articles.

Thanks in advance.
          My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

^^^ LOL.

Comment

Bowden;3601604]Posting anti U.S. bashing threads again Herc?
              Er Um...I thought it was about Lenova buying Motorola...but I guess you can see whatever it is you want. Don't drink and post to soon.

Try reading some actual financial and economic data and understanding what you are posting before you post this political anti U.S> crap.
              Yeah, because ASSOCIATED PRESS, HUFFINGTON POST etc are such UNRELIABLE sources and only YOU know everything financial. Any chance you are AKA ROCKYIII????

http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/29/google-keeps-vast-majority-of-motorola-mobility-patents-in-sale-to-lenovo/

Lenovo bought the Motorola hardware pipeline.
              The patent value is mostly retained by Google.
              Did you somehow miss that this was already know/discussed from the original post??? PRO even made the comment about Google holding certain patents, which I responded by saying it won't be long before China owns Google and all associated patents?

As to China..

The Chinese economy is decelerating.
              Chinese factories are facing a slowdown in orders.
              You know this how? Keep in mind China is NOT dependent on america, america is dependent on China. While america spends all of its money on war making hardware, the Chinese have been going around the world securing deals on any and everything from mineral rights to food/water sources etc and in return building up the infrastructure of many nations...WHILE AMERICA ONLY KNOWS HOW TO BOMB/TEARDOWN/ and DESTROY. The Chinese OWNERSHIP of america is well underway...you can turn away from that fact or play blind if you wish, it only makes the TAKEOVER easier for them.

As to how some that don't understand what they are posting about and may think that the the U.S. dollar is doomed because the U.S. is in decline and everyone is selling dollars...
              The flight is to the U.S and other nations currencies that are considered to be a 'safe haven'.
              People that know what they are doing do not move capital into the currencies of countries that are in danger of failure.
              No one other than a FOOL would think the US dollar is a SAFE HAVEN, when i have posted numerous articles and videos from renown financial sources telling of nations around the world DROPPING the US dollar because of its declining value , forming their own currency to trade with and looking for a alternate RESERVE CURRENCY...but hey, you can believe what you will till the water runs dry.

Hope that helps.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...kets-rout.html

Dollar Rises Most Since May as Taper Fuels Emerging-Markets Rout
              By Joseph Ciolli Feb 1, 2014 12:00 AM ET

The dollar had its biggest monthly gain against a basket of peers since May as a global selloff of emerging-market currencies prompted investors to seek the relative safety of haven assets.
              The yen gained versus the dollar for the first time in six months as the global rout spurred investors to reverse carry trades. The Argentine peso and Hungary’s forint were January’s two biggest emerging-market losers. The greenback climbed versus all 31 major peers except the yen as the Federal Reserve scaled back monthly bond purchases a second time, citing labor-market improvements. U.S. payrolls gains more than doubled last month, according to a Bloomberg survey before next week’s report.
              Actually it did not at all. But again the sources you used also tell you the US unemployment rate is 6 percent and to IGNORE those TENS OF THOUSANDS of people standing at every single job fair looking for work, Ignore the over 50 million on food stamps, Ignore the article by your own government sources that stated 50 plus percent of america is categorized as POVERTY and 80 percent are one check away, Ignore the protests of MILLIONS of people for increased minimum wage and Ignore your 17 to 18 TRILLION dollar debt presently which is about to be increased even more and even Ignore Chinas march on america.

I need to get a pair of those ROSE COLORED GLASSES you wear, because they must really make everything look so nice!!!!!!
              LIFE IS FOR LEARNING...LET THE FOOLS REMAIN STUPID

Comment

china has more capitalism than the US. how times have changed....
                Tow Mater Towing & Salvage

Comment

what do you guys think of our MD bro and IFBB pro Evan Centopani using 100% MAde in USA manufatcuring for his new line of tshirts?
                  I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
                  JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Two fucks not given.

Sent from my XT621 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I have read an article about this yesterday from here

https://www.scmp.com/business/compan...s-us29-billion

and i think this is true china buy's Motorola.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                      X