Mormonism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mormonism

I don't want another thread to be derailed so I am copying and pasting part of a thread from 'If Christianity...' and making a new thread from it so it doesn't go off the tracks.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...stianity/page2 beginning at post 25

bantamweightchamp2014

said

Absolutely !!!

and that's what I've been saying for years !!!

which brings up the topic of the Holy Ghost

" the comforter "

which on on many occasions baffles, irritates, and surprisingly creates a sort of hostility and satire during deeper discussion and examination of Christ's doctrine !

Especially among my Jewish, Muslim , atheist , and science friends !!!

for example , the Bible and Book of Mormon both clearly state in specific verses that The Holy Ghost will manifest the truth and mission of Christ IF the reader/seeker of truth has an honest and pure heart for discovering the facts !!!

Originally Posted by DEADn
    My OP is to initially ask if you found out Christianity is true would you believe?

The intent is to test the heart when it comes to truth. Some people would not become a believer if they found out Christianity were true because they hate it that much. If I found out something other than Christianity were true I would probably find myself wrestling with it for a while and then gradually succumb myself to it. After all, if it is true then I am only lying to myself if I refuse to accept it. That is the nature of truth. If you don't believe truth then you believe a lie.T

I followed this post up with this reply below

But if you look closer Mormon teaching paints a different picture of who Jesus is vs what the bible says. The Holy Spirit is not in the teaching of the Mormon church. In their teaching Jesus is a created being and never was God at all but the brother of Lucifer. Jesus became a god and has his own planet with spirit kids. Mormons believe they will become gods and have their own planet. There is no mentioned of sin and repentance and being born again or adopted of God in their teaching. It is opposite of what the bible teaches.

He then responded with this reply.......

bantamweightchamp2014

Thank you Deadn for your feedback !!!

trust me brother, those statements you suggested just aren't true !

I was raised in The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints !!!

We teach Christ's Doctrine !!!

we believe in the Bible AND the Book Of Mormon !!!

I've been a member for 48 years !!!

I know more about this church than anyone you've came in contact with !!!

trust me

I followed up by asking this question to him.

"Was God once a man?"

Finally he followed up by responding..........

Yes, God the Father was once a man

According to our teachings

but Deadn, that doesn't negate our other tenets !!!

baptism, sacrament, the Bible, the Book of Mormon, etc....

Like I told you earlier, no one you know knows the church like I do

I'm not lying dude, we are on muscular development lol

I have nothing to lose or gain

at least your respectful with your dialogue

I appreciate that

most people can't handle mature open dialogue on religion

-------------------------------

We will continue the conversation with this thread now.

Yes, God the Father was once a man

According to our teachings

but Deadn, that doesn't negate our other tenets !!!

baptism, sacrament, the Bible, the Book of Mormon, etc....

Like I told you earlier, no one you know knows the church like I do

I'm not lying dude, we are on muscular development lol

I have nothing to lose or gain

at least your respectful with your dialogue

I appreciate that

most people can't handle mature open dialogue on religion

The most important part of your response, for now, is the very first line.

"
    Yes, God the Father was once a man"

You are true to Mormon doctrine in this confession. Can you demonstrate this to be true from the bible?

Also would you say the following is true...............?

" As man is God once was: As God is man may become"

Last edited by DEADn; August 30th, 2017, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Was God The Father man like the Son was?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
      I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
      JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Yes, I think it's true !!!

but just to be fair here , you seem like a very respectable guy

I would like to be able to continue a great dialogue with you and not lose rapport like so many men do in these topics

so I'll ask you a few questions if you don't mind to keep up with you !!!

you are getting to know my background

so what is your background in church ???

as a kid where did you go to church ?

What is your current belief system on Jesus Christ ???

Thanks DEADn.

Originally posted by DEADn View Post

The most important part of your response, for now, is the very first line.

"
        Yes, God the Father was once a man"

You are true to Mormon doctrine in this confession. Can you demonstrate this to be true from the bible?

Also would you say the following is true...............?

Comment

Thank you for doing this new thread to keep us on topic

much appreciated DEADn !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bantamweightchamp2014 View Post
            Yes, I think it's true !!!

but just to be fair here , you seem like a very respectable guy

I would like to be able to continue a great dialogue with you and not lose rapport like so many men do in these topics

so I'll ask you a few questions if you don't mind to keep up with you !!!

you are getting to know my background

Thanks DEADn.
            I don't mind the dialogue, it is the reason why I created this thread so as not to derail the other one and it would be more constructive to have dialogue in a separate thread.

I grew up in the Lutheran church but we didn't go all the time. I don't remember alot about it but do remember going to some Sunday schools. I hated going because mom dressed me up in a 3 piece suit and clip on tie. To this day I refuse to wear a suit and tie. We stopped going when I was 10 years old? Guessing on that but I was never confirmed but was baptized as an infant. It wasn't until I 20 that I became a believer in Jesus and began going back to church. I went back to the Lutheran church but for 2 weeks and then found myself in the Assemblies of God and church of God for the next 8 years.

I assume you are asking who do I believe Jesus Christ is? I will answer from that perspective.

I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God which also means that Jesus is God come in the flesh
            I believe that Jesus is God and He didn't become God after He came in the flesh. He always existed even before coming in the flesh because He is God. He is the Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Jesus did not come in the flesh and then become God or a god.

John 1
            In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2 The same was in the beginning with God.
            3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made
            The Word is Jesus who is God as demonstrated by this scripture.

There are many other scriptures to demonstrate this as well.

I also believe that Jesus took upon Himself the sin of the world so that we may be saved from the wrath of God if we will believe in Him and be born again or adopted of God..........Romans 3

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
            24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
            25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

You stated that you think this quote is true"

Please explain why you think it is true. What it is saying that Jesus was born and became God and that man himself may also became as Jesus which is God. It says that Jesus was not God when He was born of Mary but eventually became God. Do you believe the meaning of that? If so why?

Comment

Whats up DEADn ?

my apology for the super last response , I been working doubles at my job !!!

Thank you for giving me a little bio of yourself.

Man, your story about the suit and tie is also a big one with me

I didn't have the same experiences you did but the basic principle I think we both agree in is -

What I wear to church is way less important than me being there !!! Lol

We have some people at church that get downright ignorant if you don't have a white shirt and tie on ?!?! lol ridiculous !!!

My explanation to your question is this -

" As man is God once was "

I prayed about it when I was 19

not just about that question you asked

but also about the buble the bible and Book of Mormon

and about Christ ????

I wanted to know what the truth was

and I didn't know, all I knew was other people's testimonies !!!

Which is nice DEADn , if you want to live vicariously through other people !!!

I'm a rebel and a nonconformist, I wanted to know for myself !!!

so I prayed about all of it !!!

and I was moved upon by The Holy Ghost , and it confirmed and manifested to me that these scriptures and tenets were indeed true !!!

And that's what changed my heart and spirit forever !!!!

I don't mind the dialogue, it is the reason why I created this thread so as not to derail the other one and it would be more constructive to have dialogue in a separate thread.

I grew up in the Lutheran church but we didn't go all the time. I don't remember alot about it but do remember going to some Sunday schools. I hated going because mom dressed me up in a 3 piece suit and clip on tie. To this day I refuse to wear a suit and tie. We stopped going when I was 10 years old? Guessing on that but I was never confirmed but was baptized as an infant. It wasn't until I 20 that I became a believer in Jesus and began going back to church. I went back to the Lutheran church but for 2 weeks and then found myself in the Assemblies of God and church of God for the next 8 years.

I assume you are asking who do I believe Jesus Christ is? I will answer from that perspective.

I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God which also means that Jesus is God come in the flesh
              I believe that Jesus is God and He didn't become God after He came in the flesh. He always existed even before coming in the flesh because He is God. He is the Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Jesus did not come in the flesh and then become God or a god.

John 1 [/COLOR]In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2 The same was in the beginning with God.
              3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made
              The Word is Jesus who is God as demonstrated by this scripture.

There are many other scriptures to demonstrate this as well.

I also believe that Jesus took upon Himself the sin of the world so that we may be saved from the wrath of God if we will believe in Him and be born again or adopted of God..........Romans 3

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
              24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
              25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

You stated that you think this quote is true"

Please explain why you think it is true. What it is saying that Jesus was born and became God and that man himself may also became as Jesus which is God. It says that Jesus was not God when He was born of Mary but eventually became God. Do you believe the meaning of that? If so why?

Comment

Comment

Comment

This is our core beliefs guys
                    Attached Files

Comment

taking pause in discussion. Hurricane Irma looks to be coming right through here I am prepping for this thing.

Comment

Deadn, I'm praying for you and your friends and family

be careful and safe !!

Sincerely , friends in Christ !!!!

Bantam

taking pause in discussion. Hurricane Irma looks to be coming right through here I am prepping for this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bantamweightchamp2014 View Post
                          Whats up DEADn ?

my apology for the super last response , I been working doubles at my job !!!

Thank you for giving me a little bio of yourself.

Man, your story about the suit and tie is also a big one with me

I didn't have the same experiences you did but the basic principle I think we both agree in is -

What I wear to church is way less important than me being there !!! Lol

We have some people at church that get downright ignorant if you don't have a white shirt and tie on ?!?! lol ridiculous !!!

My explanation to your question is this -

I prayed about it when I was 19

not just about that question you asked

but also about the buble the bible and Book of Mormon

and about Christ ????

I wanted to know what the truth was

and I didn't know, all I knew was other people's testimonies !!!

Which is nice DEADn , if you want to live vicariously through other people !!!

I'm a rebel and a nonconformist, I wanted to know for myself !!!

and I was moved upon by The Holy Ghost , and it confirmed and manifested to me that these scriptures and tenets were indeed true !!!

I survived hurricane Irma and almost made it through with power but the center came through and when it did it knocked out power everywhere. I sustained damaged shingles. They flew everywhere in the yard. Branches all over the place and 2 fence panels knocked out and a gate knocked out. Most areas sustained tree damages............3 blocks down the road a sinkhole opened up and some power lines did snap but we made it. My job is a bit vicious in trying to get supplies back into the stores.

In other words you didn't study the bible carefully. You just let feelings take over to tell you the truth? If you feel depressed does that make you depressed?

Can you demonstrate to me that 'as man is God once was' from scripture?

Also, how many gods exist under Mormon teaching?

Comment

No , I wasn't depressed brother !!

I was searching .......

i told you I'm a rebel , a nonconformist !!!

I wanted to know for myself !!!!!

so I asked God !!!

and I did study the Bible carefully

and the scripture that hit my heart was James chapter 1 verse 5

" If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. "

As for How Many Gods ?

We believe in God the eternal Father, and in his Son Jesus Christ , and in the Holy Ghost .

So 2

God the Father and Jesus Christ ! Both are Gods !

The Holy Ghost is a personage of spirit ! The comforter that guides us to truth and knowledge !

The Holy Ghost , the one Christ referred to the apostles ! The Holy Ghost that Christ promised to leave for our benefit and edification of things after he was crucified and went to the Father !!!

And your final question " can I demonstrate man is as God once was from scripture ?"

Yes , be right back DEADn !!!

I survived hurricane Irma and almost made it through with power but the center came through and when it did it knocked out power everywhere. I sustained damaged shingles. They flew everywhere in the yard. Branches all over the place and 2 fence panels knocked out and a gate knocked out. Most areas sustained tree damages............3 blocks down the road a sinkhole opened up and some power lines did snap but we made it. My job is a bit vicious in trying to get supplies back into the stores.

In other words you didn't study the bible carefully. You just let feelings take over to tell you the truth? If you feel depressed does that make you depressed?

[/COLOR]

Comment

Man is as God once was

Genesis chapter 1verses 26-27

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
                              27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And Roman's chapter 8 also demonstrates we are Joint Heirs with Christ !!!!

I also have many references more specific to your inquiries of my faith in the Book Of Mormon !!!

However, because I respect you as a friend in Christ I'm not going to refer those to you unless you ask

I don't like trying to get people to believe anything I believe in !!!

I can only answer your questions to the best of my ability

The Book of Mormon is another scripture I believe in

But it's not a Bible, it's another Testament that Jesus IS the Christ , the Savior of the World !!!!

I'm trying to keep up with you DEADn , your very good with questions brother !!!

So, my turn

What is your personal belief or concept about The Holy Ghost ?

Do you believe in the resurrection of the dead ?????

Sincerely,

Bantam

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X