This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fabio231 View Post
    I can understand why swede talks like that cause he is from europe and they all view america differently, but is that Afrikaan flex master that is making a joke about it.
    I never made a joke, I posted other people's jokes...because they're funny...

You can say it's fucked up all you want...I think it's fucked up too....but they're pretty funny, you have to admit. I already said my condolences, it was 8 years ago...get over it...

Comment

the same people that dropped the bomb...NOT !!!

You guys are the same people ?

No, we are the same country........those american decision makers are dead or about to die !!!

Several generations have come and gone since then Swede

Thats like saying the white people from 1941 here in america have the same internal feelings about black people as the white people of the year 2000 and beyond

We are talking major generational gaps here dude..major shifts in law and human rights and race and power...different eras, different mindsets, different america, different people dude !!!!!!!!!!
      Originally posted by Swede View Post
      I find pretty damn ironic how sad americans are over this when you guys are the same people that dropped the hiroshima bomb killing 80,000 people.

I guess you guys need something to hate as a country or something.

Comment

hahahahhaha
        Originally posted by FlexMaster View Post

You can say it's fucked up all you want...I think it's fucked up too....but they're pretty funny, you have to admit. I already said my condolences, it was 8 years ago...get over it...

Comment

If those who keep disrespecting the memories of the innocent thousands who died in the terrorist attacks on this day in 2001 would like, please feel free to go ahead and post a thread on the anniversary of the bomb dropping on Hiroshima on that date. All of the ones who think Saddam Hussein was a great guy go ahead and post a thread on the anniversary of America's invasion of Iraq. Whatever - that's your day and if you are mourning over it then go ahead and express it. You certainly have a right to grieve too, whether your cause is just or not in our eyes.

Just please don't come in this thread and post a bunch of arguments why you think we are wrong to grieve. It is NOT appreciated and you're not going to accomplish anything of value thereby.

We are affected because it was still fairly recent in our memories and many of us lost friends and family members on that day. The associated emotions are understandable and by attacking us for expressing them, you are not going to get any response but righteous fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Swede View Post
            I find pretty damn ironic how sad americans are over this when you guys are the same people that dropped the hiroshima bomb killing 80,000 people.

I guess you guys need something to hate as a country or something.
            swede this was a thread to remember the dead not piss on their graves! OH BY THE WAY YOU FORGOT PEARL HARBOR YOU KNOW THE NICE FLY OVER BY JAPAN! IF YOU WANT TO PISS OFF SHAWN,WELL THATS NOT TOO BAD BUT PLEASE DONT RE WRITE HISTORY! PS WHO SAVED EUROPE FROM THE NAZIS ? OH IT WAS US EVIL AMERICANS! KEEP THIS KIND OF CRAP ON GET BIG!

Comment

Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
              swede this was a thread to remember the dead not piss on their graves! OH BY THE WAY YOU FORGOT PEARL HARBOR YOU KNOW THE NICE FLY OVER BY JAPAN! IF YOU WANT TO PISS OFF SHAWN,WELL THATS NOT TOO BAD BUT PLEASE DONT RE WRITE HISTORY! PS WHO SAVED EUROPE FROM THE NAZIS ? OH IT WAS US EVIL AMERICANS! KEEP THIS KIND OF CRAP ON GET BIG!

It's Mr getbig to you!

But yeah , an Admin should clean up this thread

Comment

Today really makes me think how lucky we are to live in North America in general. I was born in Canada but my parents were born in the US and all of my relatives live in the US so I probably care a little bit more then the regular Canadian. I remember I was in high school when it happened and the principal made a half assed attempt to break the news to us and didn't give any details so of course at lunch everyone was cracking jokes. It wasn't until I got home and saw the footage that it really sunk in. A terrible day.
                You can't compare Hiroshima and 9/11 at all. Both are tragic events that mark history.

Comment

Are you guys really that ridiculous to argue over this. A thread to remember and reflect on a horrible time, and you guys are comparing it to others? Wow. Swede your a fucking idiot. 3,000 dead to 80,000 dead, both are bad. Instead you'd like to argue and state something isn't a big deal. Ridiculous. Go fuck yourself.

I dont want a response from this, just had to let that out there.

Never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by FlexMaster View Post

Get over it. If you thought it was fucked up then you would have compassion to not joke about it. And no I don't have to admit it was funny. It was fucking stupid and tasteless. And your response was it was 8 years ago, get over it. I can't even begin to be angry with you. Your parents failed you. Oh well its not your fault your parents didn't teach you respect and compassion. Maybe they thought they could get another shot at raising your piece of shit ass. Well the job is done and there is no turning back, I bet they are ashamed of you. But it was their fault anyway.

Comment

Guys,
                      I am going to step in here as FL of off-topic and request that you please refrain from personal attacks in this thread.

If you are not aware of the board rules as to what is allowed out of the Pit, please review them.

[ame="http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php?t=48428"]Muscular Development Forum Rules :. - Muscular Development Forums[/ame]

Thanks.
                      My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by DBowden View Post
                        Guys,
                        I am going to step in here as FL of off-topic and request that you please refrain from personal attacks in this thread.

If you are not aware of the board rules as to what is allowed out of the Pit, please review them.

Muscular Development Forum Rules :. - Muscular Development Forums

Thanks.
                        I apologize to you and this board, I can't even begin to express the anger with someone who so blatantly disrespects the dead and thinks it is a joke. I have nothing else to say on the matter.

Comment

im English, and i agree with swede. Yes, it was a tragedy and many people died. America has done just as bad to other countries though, they just do it behind their milatry with a 'reason' like 'needing' to go and find weapons of mass destruction.

Americans are the most patriotic people on the planet, sometimes though, they are so patriotic for their country they are blind to what that country does to others.

Comment

It's 9/11 again - and it was a fucking tragedy what happened to the 3,000 people that lost their lives in a horrifying and terrible display of a terrorist attack that day...

With that being said, I've read a few things about Pearl Harbor on this thread with reference to 9/11 that just don't make logical sense.

Japan attacked us, an unprovoked country... to end the war, we dropped a bomb, in effect killing 80,000 Japanese civilians, military, whoever... in lieu of the millions who would die from a massive ground assault. The justification? That we were attacked, they started the war, all is fair in war.

I can dig that.

But if you want to take a step back and look at the fuckers in the Middle East... I'm pretty sure they have declared a jihad against us for quite some time. They don't have large land armies... they don't have nuclear weapons... but they do have a bunch of zealots who will go through great lengths and planning to fuck up the USA.

Terrorist act? Or Act of War? I guess it depends on who you ask... or from which side of the fence you are on.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Devil View Post
                              im English, and i agree with swede. Yes, it was a tragedy and many people died. America has done just as bad to other countries though, they just do it behind their milatry with a 'reason' like 'needing' to go and find weapons of mass destruction.

Americans are the most patriotic people on the planet, sometimes though, they are so patriotic for their country they are blind to what that country does to others.
                              I'm proud to be an American, I truly am. I'm proud of what America is supposed to stand for and what are supposed to be American ideals. I use the word "supposed" with purpose...

Americans have become complacent with themselves. The hard workers in our country that had once made us a great nation are becoming fewer and further between. Instead, our country has an ever growing majority of people who feel entitled... who feel special... and who think they are better than just about everyone else in the world because of their American citizenship.

It saddens me to see our country so self-involved, so focused on what we are entitled... all the while turning a blind eye to millions who die in Africa, 100's of thousands who die in Latin and South America... we never mention them, except in passing... our empathy seems dulled to the point we no longer care.

I would think, that the extreme tragedy of 9/11 would serve to remind us of exactly how precious life is... it would let us see and FEEL what just about every other country deals with on an almost daily basis... fear, terror, and death of close loved ones.

Instead... it has instilled hatred in us. Instead of opening our eyes, it closed them - and lead us to belay a tragedy upon another area of the world... interjecting our ideals and beliefs upon them... rather than being more proactive - we became reactive, out of emotion and anger.

Comment

Nice post TBS.

The thing is, I have no idea why you are so damn patriotic. (not you, Americans)

Im English, I could be proud of my country, I could say how we won both world wars etc etc. But I dont care, I was born into this country by pure luck. I dont owe this country anything. Yes, my fellow countrymen fought and died to protect this country, my grandparents fought in the war. So what? If i was born in the states, my countrymen there would have fought to protect the country. Just like all the others.

Like i was saying regarding patriotism...you see what you want to see. You forget the bad, forget the years of slavery...maybe because it was so long ago...just like hiroshima was...so its ok.

But i bet you in 100 years Americans will still talk about 9/11. for some reason things always seem to be different for the states.

Comment

Working...
                                X