Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bible Verse of the Day.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.- 1 Corinthians 15:55-57
    ROMANS 8:11 TITUS 3:9

    Comment


    • So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.-1 Corinthians 4(1-2)

      Comment


      • What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside.-1 Corinthians 5(12-13a)NIV

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
          But I'm still kind of curious what it means to you because obviously I don't mean it in a good way!

          It reveals the contradiction of faith. Christ is being crucified, everyone thinks He's a fraud and lost, but what they can't see is the end result, and the "why" He endures. He even says he could call down 12 legions of angels, which is a shit-load of angels.

          Many times in life we make confessions of faith even though we feel like we're being tortured. Sometimes, as Christians, we don't make a resolve to trust God under a confession of faith until we're forced to under severe mental or physical assault. Call it the testing of our faith, or the contradiction of reality, like why would we serve God when everything sucks(see book of Job). What would possibly keep us confessing God under so many contradictions? And the answer is....not going to tell you, but it aint fear of hell, it aint fear of not making heaven, it aint pride, it aint any of that shit you atheists claim. Christians, do not answer!!! Let them figure it out.

          So, see Bro, you said something very profound, it's the best thing you've ever said because although you see only the negative, I see the other side at the same time, it's the contradiction of faith that fascinates me. It can drive some insane if they don't know how to deal with it. Most Believers don't even understand the depths this sort of contradiction can send them to, because they don't choose to define God when they're in their depths of hellish despair.. I've known Preachers who have temporarily(and some for good) lost their mind because of this very thought, but I'll never tell who they are

          Sometimes when you're in this place, all you can do is laugh, and you're comment precisely reveals that complexity. I make my best decisions for God when I'm being tortured. See it?
          Last edited by mfcruncher; April 21st, 2010, 03:42 PM.
          "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

          Comment


          • i just wanna say God-bless every one of you.

            He loves us so much. and he yearns to be close to every single person on earth. just give Him a chance. you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ricardomrivera View Post
              i just wanna say God-bless every one of you.

              He loves us so much. and he yearns to be close to every single person on earth. just give Him a chance. you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
              False

              More misogyny from God

              Deuteronomy 7:3-4


              3 You shall not intermarry with them, giving your daughters to their sons or taking their daughters for your sons, 4 for they would turn away your sons from following me, to serve other gods. Then the anger of the Lord would be kindled against you, and he would destroy you quickly.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mfcruncher View Post
                It reveals the contradiction of faith. Christ is being crucified, everyone thinks He's a fraud and lost, but what they can't see is the end result, and the "why" He endures. He even says he could call down 12 legions of angels, which is a shit-load of angels.

                Many times in life we make confessions of faith even though we feel like we're being tortured. Sometimes, as Christians, we don't make a resolve to trust God under a confession of faith until we're forced to under severe mental or physical assault. Call it the testing of our faith, or the contradiction of reality, like why would we serve God when everything sucks(see book of Job). What would possibly keep us confessing God under so many contradictions? And the answer is....not going to tell you, but it aint fear of hell, it aint fear of not making heaven, it aint pride, it aint any of that shit you atheists claim. Christians, do not answer!!! Let them figure it out.

                So, see Bro, you said something very profound, it's the best thing you've ever said because although you see only the negative, I see the other side at the same time, it's the contradiction of faith that fascinates me. It can drive some insane if they don't know how to deal with it. Most Believers don't even understand the depths this sort of contradiction can send them to, because they don't choose to define God when they're in their depths of hellish despair.. I've known Preachers who have temporarily(and some for good) lost their mind because of this very thought, but I'll never tell who they are

                Sometimes when you're in this place, all you can do is laugh, and you're comment precisely reveals that complexity. I make my best decisions for God when I'm being tortured. See it?
                Fascinating! Thanks for that. I have to digest that one a bit! LOL!
                Check out my redesigned video samples page!
                http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

                Comment


                • You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.-1 Corinthians 6(v20)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ricardomrivera View Post
                    You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.-1 Corinthians 6(v20)
                    Awesome!
                    ROMANS 8:11 TITUS 3:9

                    Comment


                    • I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one.- John 10:28-30
                      ROMANS 8:11 TITUS 3:9

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ricardomrivera View Post
                        i just wanna say God-bless every one of you.

                        He loves us so much. and he yearns to be close to every single person on earth. just give Him a chance. you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
                        you too bro
                        ROMANS 8:11 TITUS 3:9

                        Comment


                        • i think its awesome how people are contributing to this thread. whether it be a Bible verse that caught their eye from reading daily Scripture, those that are commentating on the verses, or those with questions regarding verses from Scripture.

                          keep 'em coming guys!

                          Comment


                          • d.p.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ricardomrivera View Post
                              d.p.
                              Best. drink. ever.
                              Rainbows & kittens rock!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Pudge View Post
                                Best. drink. ever.
                                Dr. Pepper? lol...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X