This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    What has Jesus accomplished that Frodo did not? Frodo saved all of Middle Earth and did not require people believe in him in order for him to save them.
    the wizard had to at least somewhat believe in him...lol...he's the one that let him go on his walkabout. at least all of middle earth was counting on him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Celt View Post
      I thought he was God, and his whole life was predetermined???
      He was God...in human form. Surely he felt fear but yes, it was predetermined, hence he wasn't just randomly arrested, tortured & killed.
      Rainbows & kittens rock!

Comment

[The Resurrection of Christ] Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand.- 1 Corinthians 15:1, 3-4
        ROMANS 8:11 TITUS 3:9

Comment

Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
          Just so you know, I don't accept Jesus' sacrifice for me. I didn't ask for it.
          And that is YOUR choice, im glad that you choose that is a God given right. (some like muscletech and some like Met-**)--- more power to them im just glad that they are doing something!! It is very apparent that our views on Christianity are different and that is ok. I know you are used to Christians being the opposite "but the Bible says this, and that and this and that, that is why you HAVE to believe. You are OBVIOUSLY educated and do not need me to explain to you why you should believe in something you do not. And yes i do understand that this is a discussion forum (i am not oblivious to that fact) i was just hoping that people Christian and non would have the decency to let this thread be what i intend it to be, a place where people can come (THAT BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE) and read a post that may hold some inspiration. Whether or not you are or are not a Christian as a human i would hope that you'd respect at least that.

Comment

Originally posted by wildman536 View Post
            And that is YOUR choice, im glad that you choose that is a God given right. (some like muscletech and some like Met-**)--- more power to them im just glad that they are doing something!! It is very apparent that our views on Christianity are different and that is ok. I know you are used to Christians being the opposite "but the Bible says this, and that and this and that, that is why you HAVE to believe. You are OBVIOUSLY educated and do not need me to explain to you why you should believe in something you do not. And yes i do understand that this is a discussion forum (i am not oblivious to that fact) i was just hoping that people Christian and non would have the decency to let this thread be what i intend it to be, a place where people can come (THAT BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE) and read a post that may hold some inspiration. Whether or not you are or are not a Christian as a human i would hope that you'd respect at least that.
            This isn't a spot for you to proselytize unchallenged. That is what church is for.

Comment

Since you put it that way I will bow out of this thread.
              Check out my redesigned video samples page!
              http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Comment

Since you put it that way I will bow out of this thread.
                appreciate it bro, Feel free glance once in a while.

Comment

appreciate it bro, Feel free glance once in a while.

That's okay, I'll pass. The bible offends the intellect that God (if He exists) gave me. No insult intended, that's just how I feel after 47 years of thinking about it.

The standard ways in which men have tried to interpret and give meaning to the creative forces in the universe have been way off the mark and far too anthropomorphic IMO.
                  Last edited by mike pulcinella; April 15th, 2010, 09:16 AM.
                  Check out my redesigned video samples page!
                  http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Comment

That's okay, I'll pass. The bible offends the intellect that God (if He exists) gave me. No insult intended, that's just how I feel after 47 years of thinking about it.

The standard ways in which men have tried to interpret and give meaning to the creative forces in the universe have been way off the mark and far too anthropomorphic IMO.
                    Cool. IMO everything you KNOW has been interpreted by SOMEBODY and like I stated above you have the right to believe whatever you want. I guess your intellect you recieved since you evolved from a monkey allows for you to rationalize that there is in your opinion "no God" then that's the way it goes for you.

Comment

What has Jesus accomplished that Frodo did not? Frodo saved all of Middle Earth and did not require people believe in him in order for him to save them.

Frodo had a foot disease that made them big, but jesus's feet were perfect. Also, Frodo's growth was stunted. JEsus was perfet height, 6-0.
                      "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

Comment

This isn't a spot for you to proselytize unchallenged. That is what church is for.

There's no rules here. You can proselytize or discuss with other Christians, whatever or however one wants.
                        "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

Comment

ouch! that woke me up almost as well as the battery acid coffee I enjoy at this time. Way to kick our ass...again!

Comment

Not bible verses but verses none the less.

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."
                            -Bertrand Russell

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
                            -Bertrand Russell

Comment

Keep going, this thread is very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by mfcruncher View Post
                                Frodo had a foot disease that made them big, but jesus's feet were perfect. Also, Frodo's growth was stunted. JEsus was perfet height, 6-0.
                                All that just makes Frodo's accomplishments more substantial. He also did it barefoot and small.

Comment

Working...
                                X