This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEADn View Post
    You won't find that in the satanic verses because it doesn't agree with humanism. To love your fellowman takes some God inspired love. It is easy to love some people but what about those who rub you the wrong way? When you can't do it on your own but you ask God for help, that is God inspired love when it doesn't come from your own heart but come from Him.
    Something that many christians don't seem to understand.

GREAT READ!
    Christians ask you love your enemy, this is sadomasochistic.

I have yet to see any christian follow this philosophy as they get irate at anyone who does not agree.

Comment

Originally posted by JuicyGlamGirl View Post
      Since this is a Bible Verse of the Day thread, I would like to post my Verse of the Day!
      I receive daily bible verses via email. I am a Christian and am not here to push my religion on anyone... just share a verse you can ignore it or take it in

"Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law" Romans 13:8

Followed by a Prayer:

Holy God who owns all things, I thank you for not just owning me, but for having bought me out of slavery, sin, and death. Please kindle love in my heart through the holy spirit so I will love others as you do. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Have a blessed day everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Pangloss View Post
        nicely put. One of the compelling issues for me is that I'm convinced the christian god (as described in the bible) is in no way morally superior. For instance, this one slays me: a homicidal pedophile massmurderer can get into heaven by formally accepting jesus as the son of god and asking for forgiveness, while the most moral, selfless, thinking individual that does not believe in god will be damned to the pits of hell forever.

That, to me, tells me the bible is a human recruting tool, not the work of a morally superior super being.

Who told you this?

If a massmurder pedo asks for forgivness then he may be forgiven eventually would be my guess. But, there is a strong chance he could be cast into purgatory for a couple thousand years.

Also, if you don't believe in god then god will ask you if you believe when you die, er there is a strong chance he will because god does not want anyone to be cast into hell.

Because if you cast into hell you will not know god what so ever, and the hopelessness of not knowing your ever going to get out would be insane. Not to mention you have a body in hell, in which you die over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
          I had a sign. I've had many.
          No you haven't, otherwise there would be no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
            All that just makes Frodo's accomplishments more substantial. He also did it barefoot and small.
            Good response
            "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

Comment

Originally posted by heavyiron View Post
              For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

So, HI is hanging around. Interesting.
              "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

Comment

Originally posted by JuicyGlamGirl View Post
                Since this is a Bible Verse of the Day thread, I would like to post my Verse of the Day!
                I receive daily bible verses via email. I am a Christian and am not here to push my religion on anyone... just share a verse you can ignore it or take it in

"Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law" Romans 13:8

Followed by a Prayer:

Holy God who owns all things, I thank you for not just owning me, but for having bought me out of slavery, sin, and death. Please kindle love in my heart through the holy spirit so I will love others as you do. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Have a blessed day everyone!

Romans 13:8, that's intense. I like the way it is worded.

PS- you can push religion down here. there's no rules. I think this place is lower than the pit, and twice as violent due to the intense opinions on the subjects of our souls. Keep the cool vs's coming!!!

Comment

So...you DO want to debate after all! LOL!

You didn't really listen to what I said.

I have examined the concepts of the bible since I was a child. Every time I turn the ideas contained within it over in my mind I find them to be lacking, not only in inspiration but in reason as well. I find the assumptions infantile, the contradictions obvious and the brutality an affront to my morality. It is clearly an ancient text written by ancient frightened people.

47 years of exploration and discussion has reinforced those conclusions over and over again.

What has also been reinforced is the convoluted doubletalk that believers concoct to make it all work.

Does that mean believers are BAD people? Far from it. But I'm telling you that I've had a revelation and the revelation is this...mankind has attempted for as long as we could think to explain the creative and destructive forces in the cosmos as best they can. This 2000+ year old cobbled together mess of a text is not the ultimate answer, of that I am sure. The real God, if there is one, would NEVER act they way this very very human god does.

I don't know if there is a God or if there isn't but I know this isn't It.
                  1st bold: LOL- killer dialogue, love it

2nd bold is really bad mike. You freely admit to avoiding any comprehension based on the premise that God probably doesn't exist and 2nd hand knowledge of the particulars. There's no way I could list you as an athority of the Bible based on your own admissions; you haven't read it or even parts. Obviously, as the most published book of all time, believable or not, it stands as a credible literary source.

Comment

"All whose names were not found written in the book of life were thrown into the lake of fire". Revelation 20:15
                    your only as strong as your mind, so consider yourself weak.
                    Yep...cats before cunts like my grandma always used to say. - BBOY

Comment

Originally posted by mfcruncher View Post
                      1st bold: LOL- killer dialogue, love it

2nd bold is really bad mike. You freely admit to avoiding any comprehension based on the premise that God probably doesn't exist and 2nd hand knowledge of the particulars. There's no way I could list you as an athority of the Bible based on your own admissions; you haven't read it or even parts. Obviously, as the most published book of all time, believable or not, it stands as a credible literary source.
                      By "cobbled together" I was referring to the fact that it is the work of many authors. That much is undeniable. When you see a movie that lists several screen writers you can bet your money that it's not going to be a good movie.

Of course the assumption is that they were all ghost writing for God, which I can't argue expect to say that stupid mistakes like calling the earth a disk when it's obviously a sphere leads me to believe either they weren't inspired by God or He was withholding a few important facts.

Why do you keep saying I haven't read it?? I was taught all of it in school as a child. Re-read much of it in college but will admit to being unable to get through it as an adult.
                      Check out my redesigned video samples page!
                      http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Comment

Originally posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
                        No you haven't, otherwise there would be no doubt.
                        That's not true. Even the staunchest believers have SOME doubt. Ask MFcruncher. Ask Mother Theresa.

Anyone who is 100% sure of anything is either insane or a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
                          Who told you this?

If a massmurder pedo asks for forgivness then he may be forgiven eventually would be my guess. But, there is a strong chance he could be cast into purgatory for a couple thousand years.

Also, if you don't believe in god then god will ask you if you believe when you die, er there is a strong chance he will because god does not want anyone to be cast into hell.

Because if you cast into hell you will not know god what so ever, and the hopelessness of not knowing your ever going to get out would be insane. Not to mention you have a body in hell, in which you die over and over again.
                          Purgatory doesn't exist anymore. The Pope cancelled it. Haven't you heard? I'm not kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by stackndeca View Post
                            "All whose names were not found written in the book of life were thrown into the lake of fire". Revelation 20:15
                            I don't know why,but I just LOL'd hard when I read that....
                            “War is peace.
                            Freedom is slavery.
                            Ignorance is strength.”
                            ― George Orwell

Comment

Purgatory doesn't exist anymore. The Pope cancelled it. Haven't you heard? I'm not kidding.
                              Ya beat me to it! Its been quite a few years now hasn't it?
                              “War is peace.
                              Freedom is slavery.
                              Ignorance is strength.”
                              ― George Orwell

Comment

[Love, for the Day is Near] Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.- Romans 13:8
                                ROMANS 8:11 TITUS 3:9

Comment

Working...
                                X