Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's verse is..."Christ has indeed been raised, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive." -1 Corinthians 15:20-22

followed by thoughts on this verse...

Being eternal is nothing new. Being like Jesus, completely, immortally will be new. But when the moment of glory hung in the balance as Jesus was revived from his death sleep, we too were given the assurance that death no longer claims us. The only death that really matters is our death to sin with Jesus in baptism. If we have share in that death, we will most certainly share in his resurrection. (See Romans 6:1-14)

and ended with a prayer...

Almighty, Most powerful God. Because of your grace and the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, I know I will see you face to face. Help me now, however, to live that resurrected life being more like Jesus today than any day ever before. Through my Risen Lord I pray! Amen!
    "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by ricardomrivera View Post
      But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.-Isaiah 53:5 NIV
      One of my favorite verses

Comment

• Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
        C'mon bro. Gimme a break. Seriously?
        Yes serious Mike.

Your 47 years on earth here is nothing but a sneeze for god.

Comment

A few great thinkers disagree with you...

If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.

Rene Descartes (1596 - 1650)

I show you doubt, to prove that faith exists.

Robert Browning (1812 - 1889)

To believe with certainty we must begin with doubting.

Stanislaw Leszczynski (1677 - 1766)

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Yep and god sacrificed his only son so you and everyone else could have their own views on everything and decide your salvation for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
            Yep and god sacrificed his only son so you and everyone else could have their own views on everything and decide your salvation for yourself.
            Well tell Him thanks when you see Him but if he had asked me first I would have told Him that I could have been convinced without the brutal human torture and murder.

In fact, I would have been convinced BETTER if He could have found any other way to deliver His message.

And, by the way, did Jesus have a say in all of this? Could He have refused? Just wondering. Where's HIS free will?

Sorry, once again I don't mean to keep interrupting this thread. I just can't resist sometimes, it's that nasty doubt that keeps creeping in.
            Check out my redesigned video samples page!
            http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Comment

What a retarded statement. An all powerful being didn't need to sacrifice his son so we could have anything. An all powerful being simply could have spoke it into existence. He only killed his son, which is him, which is suicide, which is frowned on in the bible - so God is a hypocrite btw, so he could justify killing a family member to humans which is the equivalent of me rationalizing my actions to a group of maggots on my dog's pile of shit.

LOL at this fiction - it's not even a very good story and lacks imagination. Any D&D player would dismiss this story as garbage because of serious flaws in logic, physics, and the retarded need for the creator of the universe to become human in order to give salvation to people when he is the one who makes all the rules in the first place.

Hardly a sacrifice when you know that when you die you go back to being God, the all powerful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                What a retarded statement. An all powerful being didn't need to sacrifice his son so we could have anything. An all powerful being simply could have spoke it into existence. He only killed his son, which is him, which is suicide, which is frowned on in the bible - so God is a hypocrite btw, so he could justify killing a family member to humans which is the equivalent of me rationalizing my actions to a group of maggots on my dog's pile of shit.

LOL at this fiction - it's not even a very good story and lacks imagination. Any D&D player would dismiss this story as garbage because of serious flaws in logic, physics, and the retarded need for the creator of the universe to become human in order to give salvation to people when he is the one who makes all the rules in the first place.

Hardly a sacrifice when you know that when you die you go back to being God, the all powerful.
                First of all...it's not suicide at all. That's like saying taking a bullet for your buddy is suicide, it is not. There is a difference. Read up on it.

Jesus is different from god fyi, your 2nd paragraph says god and jesus were one. Not true at all. I suggest you read again.

Far as salvation goes, you don't know if your going back to god at all. That is all up to you. Your name has to be in the book of life. And to do that you need two things. Try your best to obey the 10 commandments, and have faith and pray.

He already knows we will all sin alot! So repent a little it takes like 5 seconds.

Now remember guys, I'm just trying to have a friendly conversation.

Comment

Well tell Him thanks when you see Him but if he had asked me first I would have told Him that I could have been convinced without the brutal human torture and murder.

In fact, I would have been convinced BETTER if He could have found any other way to deliver His message.

And, by the way, did Jesus have a say in all of this? Could He have refused? Just wondering. Where's HIS free will?

Sorry, once again I don't mean to keep interrupting this thread. I just can't resist sometimes, it's that nasty doubt that keeps creeping in.
                  As far as the brutal torture goes, it's just how things were and needed to be. It's how the dues were payed. Think of it like this....you can't be the number one bodybuilder in the world if you are not passionate, dedicated and suffer through grueling workouts year after year and keep face when the chips are down.

Yea the message is alot of times hard to read and understand, I agree. I suggest using a very user friendly type bible.

It was God's will that he suffer for our sins. God asked Jesus and he accepted it with good will and grace. Think of it like this....ask any parent if they would sacrifice their life so their kids could live. Most parents would say yes in seconds.

I understand the doubt completely man. Everyone goes through it at some point typically. Some people don't believe till they are diagnosed with a short time to live, or a life changing event.

Why do you think this is? This is my question to you.

Comment

• Do not deceive yourselves. If any one of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a "fool" so that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness"; and again, "The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile."-1 Corinthians 3(18-20)

Comment

• Instead, we have renounced secret and shameful ways. We do not use trickery or pervert God's word. By clear statements of the truth, we commend ourselves to everyone's conscience before God.
                      "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

Comment

As far as the brutal torture goes, it's just how things were and needed to be. It's how the dues were payed. Think of it like this....you can't be the number one bodybuilder in the world if you are not passionate, dedicated and suffer through grueling workouts year after year and keep face when the chips are down.

Yea the message is alot of times hard to read and understand, I agree. I suggest using a very user friendly type bible.

It was God's will that he suffer for our sins. God asked Jesus and he accepted it with good will and grace. Think of it like this....ask any parent if they would sacrifice their life so their kids could live. Most parents would say yes in seconds.

I understand the doubt completely man. Everyone goes through it at some point typically. Some people don't believe till they are diagnosed with a short time to live, or a life changing event.

Why do you think this is? This is my question to you.
                        "Some people don't believe till they are diagnosed with a short time to live, or a life changing event.

Why do you think this is?"

I'll give you my best answer but before I do I'm curious to know how you see sickbed or deathbed conversions as somehow reinforcing the truth of what I see as clumsy outdated mythology.

How is someone who is lying in the gutter, strung out on drugs or alcohol, a more credible witness to the realities of life and the afterlife than ME?
                        Check out my redesigned video samples page!
                        http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

Comment

"Some people don't believe till they are diagnosed with a short time to live, or a life changing event.

Why do you think this is?"

I'll give you my best answer but before I do I'm curious to know how you see sickbed or deathbed conversions as somehow reinforcing the truth of what I see as clumsy outdated mythology.

How is someone who is lying in the gutter, strung out on drugs or alcohol, a more credible witness to the realities of life and the afterlife than ME?
                          I've been privileged enough to be apart of 3-4 deathbed conversions. There is a few things I notice with all of these people.

-They all say sorry for the bad things they have done.(Not been good to a brother, squandered an inheritance on things that don't matter etc)

-They are happy to hear about prayers that their family is saying for them

-They are happy to be blessed by a priest

-And they only talk about the things that matter in their life at that very moment

To me it just proves that anyone and everyone can see what is next in our journey when the next chapter is so close to beginning, this is the best way I can put it into words.

And can you explain your 2nd paragraph just a little more for me?

Comment

• Originally posted by JuicyGlamGirl View Post
                            Today's verse is..."Christ has indeed been raised, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive." -1 Corinthians 15:20-22

followed by thoughts on this verse...

Being eternal is nothing new. Being like Jesus, completely, immortally will be new. But when the moment of glory hung in the balance as Jesus was revived from his death sleep, we too were given the assurance that death no longer claims us. The only death that really matters is our death to sin with Jesus in baptism. If we have share in that death, we will most certainly share in his resurrection. (See Romans 6:1-14)

and ended with a prayer...

Almighty, Most powerful God. Because of your grace and the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, I know I will see you face to face. Help me now, however, to live that resurrected life being more like Jesus today than any day ever before. Through my Risen Lord I pray! Amen!
                            where do you get these?
                            "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKillerOfSaints View Post
                              where do you get these?
                              they are emailed to me daily..

would you like me to give you the site? just pm me

Comment

• im going through a tremendously hard time in my life right now...

but a thought just crossed my mind: i am so blessed to have all that i do! there is so much to be thankful for!! there are people who have it so much harder than I!!

i am alive...and it makes me smile.

Comment

Working...
                                X