Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power of the mind thought for the day

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by stackndeca View Post
    Well i guess it's more of a trick thing because it not something that is supernatural. Black and white, action and non action, and so forth. It is exhibited all around us. Lot's of people think it's a mystical thing because it's another language it's more of an expression of nature as i have come to see and understand it.


    I know you read it mike and i have been slacking in my temple of clarity, but for others there is more in depth on yin/yang in there. I'll try to make some time this week to go into it some more.

    I think yin/yang is the simplest thing in the world to see with one's own eyes. It's not mystical at all. It's everywhere around us. There is no thing that does not have the seed of its opposite within it.
    Check out my redesigned video samples page!
    http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
      I think yin/yang is the simplest thing in the world to see with one's own eyes. It's not mystical at all. It's everywhere around us. There is no thing that does not have the seed of its opposite within it.
      Exactly, without one you can't have the other. A basic philosophy that's existed in many forms and had many names since the beginning of complex thought but has always been exhibited since the beginning of time.
      your only as strong as your mind, so consider yourself weak.
      Yep...cats before cunts like my grandma always used to say. - BBOY

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by mfcruncher View Post
        I agree, "good" has nothing to do with it.
        Which makes your whole post moot. You introduce straw men a lot.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
          I think yin/yang is the simplest thing in the world to see with one's own eyes. It's not mystical at all. It's everywhere around us. There is no thing that does not have the seed of its opposite within it.
          as long as we're talking about opposites, name something/someone(other than me) that is evil
          "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by mfcruncher View Post
            as long as we're talking about opposites, name something/someone(other than me) that is evil
            I can't. There is no such thing. That is my point. Even the most evil-seeming person or event has SOME good inherent within it or some good that comes of it.
            Check out my redesigned video samples page!
            http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
              I can't. There is no such thing. That is my point. Even the most evil-seeming person or event has SOME good inherent within it or some good that comes of it.
              so then, what is it that humanity aspires to?
              "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by mfcruncher View Post
                so then, what is it that humanity aspires to?
                I know where you are going with this.

                What does religion teach humanity to aspire to? Has it worked??

                Headlines today...

                Times Sq. bomber says 'war with Muslims has just begun'

                Oct 5, 2010 4:05pm

                NEW YORK (AP) — The Pakistani immigrant who tried to detonate a car bomb in Times Square says Americans can expect more bloodshed at the hands of Muslims.

                As he was sentenced today to life in prison, Faisal Shahzad (FY'-sul shah-ZAHD') told a federal judge in New York that "the war with Muslims has just begun."

                U.S. District Judge Miriam Cedarbaum told him she hoped he would use some of his time behind bars thinking carefully about whether the Quran really wants him "to kill lots of people."

                The sentence was a foregone conclusion, since Shahzad pleaded guilty in June to charges that carry a mandatory life term. But the former budget analyst from Connecticut used his courtroom appearance to rail against the U.S., saying the country will pay for occupying Muslim countries.

                Shahzad smirked when the judge imposed the sentence. Asked if he had any final words, he said, "I'm happy with the deal that God has given me."
                Check out my redesigned video samples page!
                http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

                Comment


                • #68
                  Every time you read it or say it (whether it be a positive or negative affirmation) you create another copy in your brain.

                  Dan Dennett
                  Check out my redesigned video samples page!
                  http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by mike pulcinella View Post
                    I know where you are going with this.

                    What does religion teach humanity to aspire to? Has it worked??

                    Headlines today...

                    Times Sq. bomber says 'war with Muslims has just begun'

                    Oct 5, 2010 4:05pm

                    NEW YORK (AP) — The Pakistani immigrant who tried to detonate a car bomb in Times Square says Americans can expect more bloodshed at the hands of Muslims.

                    As he was sentenced today to life in prison, Faisal Shahzad (FY'-sul shah-ZAHD') told a federal judge in New York that "the war with Muslims has just begun."

                    U.S. District Judge Miriam Cedarbaum told him she hoped he would use some of his time behind bars thinking carefully about whether the Quran really wants him "to kill lots of people."

                    The sentence was a foregone conclusion, since Shahzad pleaded guilty in June to charges that carry a mandatory life term. But the former budget analyst from Connecticut used his courtroom appearance to rail against the U.S., saying the country will pay for occupying Muslim countries.

                    Shahzad smirked when the judge imposed the sentence. Asked if he had any final words, he said, "I'm happy with the deal that God has given me."
                    don't you think you're being a little selective. Why not talk about the checks and balances?
                    "I'm tired of always being right. It gives me an unfair advantage when I debate Alemannic German speaking trolls."

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      “The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear—fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants beyond everything else is safety.”
                      ~ H. L. Mencken, American journalist and humorist (1880-1956)
                      Check out my redesigned video samples page!
                      http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        “The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance — it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ~Daniel Boorstin
                        Check out my redesigned video samples page!
                        http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.

                          Richard Dawkins

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by GLOCKTHNP
                            " All men are created equal"
                            You changed your post!! :-)
                            Check out my redesigned video samples page!
                            http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              ...

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                We are the sensing organs of the Earth. We are the senses of the universe. We have it all right here within us. And the deities that we once thought were out there, we now know, were projected out of ourselves. They are the products of our human imagination seeking to interpret, one way or another, the mysteries of the universe....

                                Joseph Campbell
                                Check out my redesigned video samples page!
                                http://mikepulcinella.com/portfolio.htm

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X