Training Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Log

I figured I should probably start one here, as the Training Log section is just for ego boosts. I like people to be able to heckle and harass.

So I will start with what I hit last night.

Thursday, January 23 - Max Effort Upper

Main movement - Flat bench with slingshot working up to a new single rep PR
    Bar x 5
    95 x 5
    135 x 5
    185 x 3
    225 x 3
    265 x 1
    (Slingshot on)
    275 x 1 (feeling it out)
    315 x 1
    340 x 1 (5lb PR)
    355 x 1 (20lb PR)

Accessory Work (always done with strict form)
    1) Flat dumbell press
    60s x 8
    70s x 8
    80s x 8
    90s x 8 with stretch overload on the final rep

2) Flat bench db skull crushers
    25 x 20 (3 sets with minimal rest between sets)

3) Super set - Overhead Rope Triceps Extensions (A) with Closegrip Neutralgrip Pulldowns (B)
    A 40s x 8/B 120 x 8
    A 40s X 8/B 150 X 8
    A 40s X 8/B 180 X 8
    A 40s X 8/B 200 x 8

4 Super set - Supported Rear Delt DB Flies (A) with Inverted Rows with 20lb chain over me (B)
    A 15s X 12/B 10 (4 sets)

Heavy weighted standing ab crunches

Done!
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

My diet is very bad. Today I had - full sugar Rockstar on the way to work at 530am. Lunch was egg noodles with pot pie filling over it, corn bread, cake and juice. Rockstar on the way home from work at 345pm. That is all I've eatin so far today. I usually go all out for dinner.

I will post the rest of what I eat today here. I would like to try a diet that RESEMBLES John Meadows current offseason diet, but I just don't have the patience for it. Any tips?

Edit: Just went and bought two big California burritos with guacamole.
    Last edited by bolsen; January 24th, 2014, 10:31 PM.

Training Log

Comment

How the fuck do you bench so much with a shit diet... all steroids, insulen, gh and probably synthol!
      In search of the hardcore holy grail.

Comment

Very well structured conjugate powerlifting programming. Also, a slingshot is NOT raw. It is this:

It takes about 30lbs off on the chest and gives out when your elbows hit about 90 degrees. It trains us to overload the top and works on lockout power.

And I know you're joking, but I'm still natural...

Training Log

Comment

I don't know if I'm happy with you training with the slingshot.

It's helping you with the hardest point (the pause); are you sure it's not just an ego boost?

Eat some tuna and stop injecting so much synthol!!

Comment

Believe me, the chest pause is not the hardest point. The actual lockout is. Which is why a lot of people can get 8-10 half reps off the chest, with a weight they can't get for 4-5 with proper lockout. Also, the point is to over load the top end, so for that, the slingshot, board press, rack press, reverse bands, etc. are utilized. If I was using it for ego, I would not have went to such great depths to explain to you what it is. I would have let you think it was raw.

Training Log

Comment

Originally posted by bolsen View Post
              Believe me, the chest pause is not the hardest point. The actual lockout is. Which is why a lot of people can get 8-10 half reps off the chest, with a weight they can't get for 4-5 with proper lockout. Also, the point is to over load the top end, so for that, the slingshot, board press, rack press, reverse bands, etc. are utilized. If I was using it for ego, I would not have went to such great depths to explain to you what it is you absolute cunt. I would have let you think it was raw and how dare you question my use of this device. I am a well respected pillar of the powerlifting community and I don't appreciate having some fucking noob come in here and question my methods!
              The pause is the hardest.

Comment

LOL @ cake! Awesome!
                All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

Comment

Those Rockstars are the devil. I love that shit.

Comment

Bolson,
                    Why do you start your bench with just the bar then 95 lbs for the second set? I know it's a warm up but is using such light weight helpful? I typically start with 135 and work my way up to 315 for reps. Our 1RM is about the same, but I don't train for strength.

Comment

Do you arch your back excessively when benching in competition and when training?

Have you ever had to cut for a competition?

Comment

Originally posted by Langmuir View Post
                        Bolson,
                        Why do you start your bench with just the bar then 95 lbs for the second set? I know it's a warm up but is using such light weight helpful? I typically start with 135 and work my way up to 315 for reps. Our 1RM is about the same, but I don't train for strength.
                        Good question. To work my form, get more overall volume without taxing my CNS, and to conseve energy for my final attept.

Training Log

Comment

Originally posted by Skeletor View Post
                          Do you arch your back excessively when benching in competition and when training?

Have you ever had to cut for a competition?
                          Yes, I train with competition form - high arch, not cheating.

No, I don't cut weight. I might for my next meet.

Training Log

Comment

Originally posted by bolsen View Post
                            Good question. To work my form, get more overall volume without taxing my CNS, and to conseve energy for my final attept.
                            I figured it was something like that. Use light weight to get the muscles and CNS acclimated to the movement without tiring them out.

Comment

Saturday, 25 January 2014 - Dynamic Effort Lower (Week 2/3)

Warm up - hamstring curls - 50lbs x 12 (3 sets)

Main Movement - Speed Box-Squats with Bowbar (weighs 65lbs) and Average bands (average bands add about 150lbs at lockout, and about 70 on the box. We don't count the weight as part of the movement, but I figured I post the weight because somebody is bound to ask.)
                              Bar x 10
                              Bar + bands x 10
                              115 x 2
                              155 x 2
                              245 x 2
                              Briefs on
                              295 x 2
                              335 x 2 (10 sets at 335 with about 45sec rest between)

Accessories

1) Sumo Deadlift for five reps (submax)
                              225 x 5
                              315 x 5
                              365 x 5
                              405 x 5

2) Quad extensions
                              40lbs x 110 (hit 90 reps rest pause and blasting, then for my final 10 I did iso-holds for 5 seconds each. Then I doubled the weight and did 10 partials.

3) Super set hip ab/aductors
                              4 sets of 15 each

4) Super set Glut Ham Raises (A) with 45 degree back raise holding a plate (B)
                              (A) bodyweight x 15 / (B) holding a plate x 15 - 4 sets

5) Heavy weighted standing ab crunches

Training Log

Comment

Working...
                              X