Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with IFBB Pro, Steve Kuclo

steve what does your offseason shoulder workout look like your delts are huge.

also how do you feel about throwing in a few tri movements with chest and bis with back to bring up lagging arms?

Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    Stevo! Hey bro thanks for the message and contributing to the forums.
    I am congratulate you and praise you for pursing a career as a paramedic and hope you all the best! I know the time, dedication, and mind strength that goes into the career.

My opinion on barbell rows...I think they are great for big ass back development. If you look at the last biggest Mr.O's (Dorian, ROnnie, Jay) all do bent over barbell rows. The movement ties alot of things together.
    I believe in a middle ground between weight and strict form. I dont feel you are going to grow if you row maybe 135 but if you are pretty much shrugging 500lbs you are not going to be working the key muscles you are trying to focus on.
    I have recently left my ego at the door and focused on getting a little more bent over and focus on trying to hold the row on the top part of the movement for a second allowing for a contraction of the lat.
    Thanks Steve for answering my question . Im going to try experimenting with my rows and do it more strict like you .

Quote Originally Posted by Stevosaurusrex View Post
    Thanks Steve for answering my question . Im going to try experimenting with my rows and do it more strict like you .
    Back is alot about the sqeeze by pulling with your elbows. Let me know how it works for you.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

Quote Originally Posted by smbarney View Post
    steve what does your offseason shoulder workout look like your delts are huge.

also how do you feel about throwing in a few tri movements with chest and bis with back to bring up lagging arms?

hey bro,
    Thanks for the compliment. Delts are one thing that always responded well for me.
    What really took them to a new level last year was heavy military press. I was almost shoulder pressing as much as I could bench press. The key is full range of movement.
    I always start with one or two pressing movements.
    I then move on to lateral raises. I focus on higer reps 15's here and focus again on keeping your elbows higher than your hands.
    I then blast rear delts with a rope row and rear pec dec...12-15 reps.
    i then like to finish up with some shrugs for traps.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

Back is alot about the sqeeze by pulling with your elbows. Let me know how it works for you.
    bro i tgried military presses in the cage with safety bars and it was a humbling experience. the only bench we could use was ghe one with the long back seat so thee no much room to lean back and arch your back, that alone made 135lbs feel like 225lbs, also movin g the bar from a dead start at the very bottom of range of motion was also tough!!! we got our asses kicked!!!
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    bro i tgried military presses in the cage with safety bars and it was a humbling experience. the only bench we could use was ghe one with the long back seat so thee no much room to lean back and arch your back, that alone made 135lbs feel like 225lbs, also movin g the bar from a dead start at the very bottom of range of motion was also tough!!! we got our asses kicked!!!
    LOL...I know every once in a while its good to get that humbling experience. If you stick those out for a few weeks you will get strong at those and before you know it and when you go back to the way you have done in past you will be double as strong.

Ronnie Coleman

Great potential for you Steve, and I mean great!!!! Keep it up! Yeah bud!

Steve I'm jealous now..How does feel to have Ronnie Coleman tell you have great potential??Do you feel more pressure than ever?Considering you havent turned pro and people are calling you the next big thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
    Great potential for you Steve, and I mean great!!!! Keep it up! Yeah bud!
    Ronnie! Means alot coming from someone I greatly admire! thank you

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Hey Steve MD should do a cover shot with you and a hot fitness babe! It would be like the 90s with milos Gracing covers with a beauty on his arm and a classic body too! Your a great bodybuilder who has a very marketable look!

Quote Originally Posted by muscleinc View Post
    Steve I'm jealous now..How does feel to have Ronnie Coleman tell you have great potential??Do you feel more pressure than ever?Considering you havent turned pro and people are calling you the next big thing?
    Getting props from pro's and guys you look up to is like getting a pat on your back from you dad saying good job. Similar feelings you could say.
    Im not one to buckle under pressure...if anything I accel under pressure. I like to follow through with people predictions when they push for me. Makes me work harder!

Big Steve! keep the momentum bro! Ronnie called it, come july brother its on for you! Im looken for that dvd! Be well brother!

Ronnie Coleman

Ronnie! Means alot coming from someone I greatly admire! thank you
    Yeah Buddy! If you make anymore improvements, its lights out!! Yeah man!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
    Yeah Buddy! If you make anymore improvements, its lights out!! Yeah man!
    that s it, it is now official...the King has spoken and i think it comes down to Steve rising to the very top as heir to the throne! lol... i actually think that getting that pro card will be the hard part steve, because once you get to the top you are gonna stay there for quite sometime!
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Hey steve what kind of dry fruits do you eat? you said thats also how you get some of your carbs(eating 400g of rice aint easy) lol
    oh and how many grams of fat in the offseason(back in the golden age was high prot,high fat, medium carbs, then it was high carb high prot low fat, now guys seem to have fats high) whats your take on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Fernan89 View Post
    now guys seem to have fats high) whats your take on that?
    ???????
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    ???????
    read it lol
    now guys seem to have fats high, just like prot and carbs, before they had low fat high carb high prot now fats have gone up as well

Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast