Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with IFBB Pro, Steve Kuclo

Spotter

Hey Steve!

are you still doin your twice a day training split??

Hey, steve i am a vegetarian bodybuilder i am 18 years old and trying to gain mass and weight what should i do ?? what should my diet be like?? and what should my training be like?? i am not allowed to eat any meat or fish but eggs and milk are OK, my gains have stopped over the last year please help!!! thanks a lot

Hi bro , i wanna ask u this, what kinda of workout u think i would make more gains

3 on, 1off ( low volume, like 12 sets big muscles, 2sets small )
    3 on, 1off, 2 on, 1off , ( high volume, one ,uscle a day)

Thanks bro

Whatsup Steve ! I tried doing the strict barbell rows so far so good . Originally i was rowing 275 with a good jerk i ropped it down to 225 with a strict pull into the stomach with no heaving or jerking and managed to get 6reps . The next day my upper back felt a lot more sore than usual . Since youre so great at answering my first question, i have a question about blood pressure, cholestrol, blood clots, heart attacks and all that bad stuff . Its wierd for a 19year old to be worrying about this type of stuff but the more i learn the more i get scared about this topic.

When youre in an offseason mass gain, how do you control your cholestrol and blood pressure?

As of now im starting to supplement extra EFAs and fish oils(Animal Omega) and im going to start doing cardio 7 days a week . I feel this still isnt enough, anything you can recommend? Thanks .

cardio 7 days a week is what s gonna give you a heart attack
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    cardio 7 days a week is what s gonna give you a heart attack
    I dont mean intense run a marathon everyday, some light cardio postworkout 15minutes.

i think i can speak on behalf of steve who i ve known since 2006, and tell you that you shouldnt workout or do cardio 7 days a week... it drives me crazy when guys tell me that they do cardio on their "off" days. guess what, that aint no OFF day at all if you are doing cardio. Off days where meant for completely resting from exercise, whether that be weight training, cardio, or both. off days where meant to rest,eat,sleep,grow, and hang out with your friends, for a well needed mental and physical break
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    i think i can speak on behalf of steve who i ve known since 2006, and tell you that you shouldnt workout or do cardio 7 days a week... it drives me crazy when guys tell me that they do cardio on their "off" days. guess what, that aint no OFF day at all if you are doing cardio. Off days where meant for completely resting from exercise, whether that be weight training, cardio, or both. off days where meant to rest,eat,sleep,grow, and hang out with your friends, for a well needed mental and physical break
    Cardio is good for blood flow, recovery, heart health, def dont do cardio 7 days a week in the off season but I usually separate my work outs from cardio doing cardio 2-3 days a week and working out 4-5 days a week, it is very true you gotta have at least 1 day off no cardio or weights

my point was not that vcardio si "bad" for you, my point is that 7 days a week of doing cardio is way too much... i know a lot ofv guys who dont even do that much cardio to get ready for a contest, let alone for health purposes only
    JESUS THE CHRIST

hi bro

can u give me your pre contest suplement stack, i assume all from universal right ?? and honestly, do u drink protein shakes and simple carbs after workout ?? or u go right to a meal

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinaz55 View Post
    Hey Steve!

are you still doin your twice a day training split??
    Hey Kevin,
    I am currently training once a day...been giving my body a little rest this offseason. had to change things up a little bit.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

Quote Originally Posted by Gondy_man View Post
    Hi bro , i wanna ask u this, what kinda of workout u think i would make more gains

3 on, 1off ( low volume, like 12 sets big muscles, 2sets small )
    3 on, 1off, 2 on, 1off , ( high volume, one ,uscle a day)

Thanks bro
    You personally have to try both out for a few weeks and see what you like better. I personally like the second option that you wrote down. I am a high volume guy.
    I think the more blood and nutritents you can bring to a muscle via food and workout the better gains you will see.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

Hey MD...just wanted to give you a quick update as well on whats new here.
    Dallas has been crazy this past week with snow and ice storms. the last shift I worked was one of the most brutal..fighting the ice and 6inches of snow we got we had 28 calls in 24 hours. The super bowl is this weekend and the city is hopping with people and excitement. I will get to all of your questions tomorrow and catch up with yall. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gondy_man View Post
    hi bro

can u give me your pre contest suplement stack, i assume all from universal right ?? and honestly, do u drink protein shakes and simple carbs after workout ?? or u go right to a meal
    Supplements stay pretty simple and straight forward all the time...offseason and precontest.
    I always use glutamine and bcaa's in the AM, pre, post/workout, and at night before bed.
    Right now in my offseason I use Whey Isolate with Simply Carbs (waxy maize type starch) with Alot of BCAA's.
    About an hour or two after I'll have a whole food meal.

ever tried potato stach carb supplement? i believe it s even better that waxy maize
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    Hey MD...just wanted to give you a quick update as well on whats new here.
    Dallas has been crazy this past week with snow and ice storms. the last shift I worked was one of the most brutal..fighting the ice and 6inches of snow we got we had 28 calls in 24 hours. The super bowl is this weekend and the city is hopping with people and excitement. I will get to all of your questions tomorrow and catch up with yall. Thanks!
    I transported 9 last/night this morning. Rolling on about 1 hour sleep, about to take a nap and go workout I suppose. ZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz fuck...
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Banned

Hey Steve, what sup lately? How much are you weighing nowa days? What kind of training style are you doing this offseason?

Thanks!

Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast