Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 1081

Thread: Q and A with IFBB Pro, Steve Kuclo

  1. #18

    Default

    hey steve what does your offseason diet look like ive noticed ur staying leaner then before

  2. #19
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon85 View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    Interested to know about your off season diet and if I may add, what's your opinion on cheat meals/cheat day during the offseason?
    My offseason diet/nutrition is not to far from my precontest diet. I have my basics that I always meet... adequate protein and carbs.
    I try and get 6-7 meals a day in and use mostly whole foods. For macros I get around 300g of protein and 500-800g of carbs. Fats are added as needed. I utilize EFA's.
    I will usually have cheat meal a few times a week in the offseason. It allows for some breaking of the monotony of the same foods and to get extra calories I may need if I havent seen any progress on the scale for a while.
    I think that cheat meals are effective in the offseason in retrospect to precontest where I would much rather take a day of ALOT of diet type foods to refuel.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  3. #20

    Default

    Doing it big bro! Looking forward to see'en ya when you come into town this month! Hope you and the wife are well! Keep up the good work!!!

  4. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    My offseason diet/nutrition is not to far from my precontest diet. I have my basics that I always meet... adequate protein and carbs.
    I try and get 6-7 meals a day in and use mostly whole foods. For macros I get around 300g of protein and 500-800g of carbs. Fats are added as needed. I utilize EFA's.
    I will usually have cheat meal a few times a week in the offseason. It allows for some breaking of the monotony of the same foods and to get extra calories I may need if I havent seen any progress on the scale for a while.
    I think that cheat meals are effective in the offseason in retrospect to precontest where I would much rather take a day of ALOT of diet type foods to refuel.
    Thanks for your answer big guy. I gotta say I'm surprised that you eat only 300g of proteins. Usually, guys of your size eat 10-12oz of meat every meals. Do you think eating that much proteins is a waste?

  5. #22
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuprMann View Post
    Hey Steve,
    i know fruits and vegetables are important for overall health, i was wondering do you take any type of super fruit or super vegetable supplement?
    Welcome to the forums!
    I am a big fan of fruit and vegtables in my diet. Nothing more natural and nutritious. I eat apples, bananas, and frozen blueberries/strawberry mix regularly.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  6. #23
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan McCaw View Post
    Doing it big bro! Looking forward to see'en ya when you come into town this month! Hope you and the wife are well! Keep up the good work!!!
    Big Dan! THanks bro and hope to see ya in a few weeks as well!
    Keep hitting it big time!
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  7. #24
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon85 View Post
    Thanks for your answer big guy. I gotta say I'm surprised that you eat only 300g of proteins. Usually, guys of your size eat 10-12oz of meat every meals. Do you think eating that much proteins is a waste?
    I think at some point to much protein is a waste...in a sense of not being utilized to build muscle. Your body will utilize the calories but I much rather use those calories for carbs/fats.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  8. #25
    youngitalianstallion
    Guest

    Default

    hi Steve do you use a diet like 50% carbs 35% protein and 15% fats?

  9. #26
    Spotter C.Coronato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    332
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Looking forward to seeing you back on stage brother! See you in March at the Arnold, and thanks for all the help along the way!

  10. #27
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by youngitalianstallion View Post
    hi Steve do you use a diet like 50% carbs 35% protein and 15% fats?
    Thats pretty accurate bro...my body responds well to carbs...soon as I cut them I flatten out and metabolism slows.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  11. #28
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Akron OH
    Posts
    276

    Default

    i have to give you your first shit post...

    how did you come about having the name King Snake. .. must be hung like a squirrel.

  12. #29
    youngitalianstallion
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    Thats pretty accurate bro...my body responds well to carbs...soon as I cut them I flatten out and metabolism slows.
    that's also what happen to me if i cut carbs.. i want to buy some Universal products what do you suggest me for a productive offseason? i think i'm going to buy Ultra whey pro, creatine powder and lava.. so something like ultra whey for id morning lunch cause i'm at school and i cant eat solid food and before bed, creatine pre and post workout and lava post... i want some of your suggestion... here in italy there are few Universal product because italian laws are stupid so there isn't much choice.. thank for your answer... i'm a great fan of you since 2008...

  13. #30

    Default

    bro i just saw your video, damn u huge and so young.... u def gonna have a great career... can u tell me your training routine offseason and pre contest?

  14. #31

    Default

    hi kuclo, if im correct you work in the fire sevice, and have a hectic shedule, how do you find yor eating schedule whilst at work, and sleeping plan

    do u eat all solid meals at work or have shakes too?
    do you get in a lot of sleep, due to my work i work 9-5.30 everyday and then gym at 8pm ater work so i sleep 7 hrs, whateer i can get and on offdays after work, sleep maybe 1-2 hrs after work just once in the week....

    just gota do whatever we can and body learns to adapt to it all after a while,

  15. #32
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hulksyndrome View Post
    i have to give you your first shit post...

    how did you come about having the name King Snake. .. must be hung like a squirrel.
    HAHA...Get this all the time!
    It goes back to when I owned a Mustang Cobra probably 8 years ago. I was going to get the vanity liscense plate King Cobra and that was taken so next one available was King Snake. I used that name on a car forum as my handle... Had stuck ever since!
    My wife may bed to differ tho!
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  16. #33
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gondy_man View Post
    bro i just saw your video, damn u huge and so young.... u def gonna have a great career... can u tell me your training routine offseason and pre contest?
    Hey Gondy... Thanks..I have been a stonger person ever since I started training. One of my old training partners, Justin Harris, always said I have retard strength. I know not one of the most political correct things to say but funny at the time he said it.

    For my offseason and precontest split things are very similar. Since I work 24 hour shifts and have 48 hours off, I train on my off days from work. 2 on 1 off.
    For the past year I have been training twice a days and hit every body part twice in a four day period.
    Day 1: Legs- AM quads PM hamstring/calves
    Day 2: Chest- AM Back- PM
    Day 3: Work at fire station
    Day 4: Sholders- AM Arms-PM
    Day 5: Repeat day 1
    I
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  17. #34
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Akron OH
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    HAHA...Get this all the time!
    It goes back to when I owned a Mustang Cobra probably 8 years ago. I was going to get the vanity liscense plate King Cobra and that was taken so next one available was King Snake. I used that name on a car forum as my handle... Had stuck ever since!
    My wife may bed to differ tho!
    hahaha

    random question as well.. know any one looking to do a pre-contest prep for me? im 22 weeks out. and im a poor college student, so no one like these gurus that cost 5g/week lol.

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •