Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with IFBB Pro, Steve Kuclo

youngitalianstallion

Steve do you always start chest training with flat barbell press? ... other question... are you a wrestling fan?

That's insane, Im the youngest and one of the largest guys in my gym, but I still can't touch those lifts! Keep up the good work man I think your potential is unreal! you were really born to do this!

Quote Originally Posted by eng55ine View Post
    Hey Steve..how do balance out your training, and dieting....between your work schedule...and being a fireman....especially when it comes to firehouse cooking....not being able to get meals on time due to running around..or the guys cooking a meal that you not allowed to eat...things of that nature.....PHILLY FIRE BABY!!!
    I hear ya on the fire house cooking!
    I occasionally take the role of being the fire house chef so I can dictate what were get to eat! When I am on the ambulance we cant cook cause of the call volume. There are times where I'll get my meal times screwed up and I just roll with it...nature of the beast I guess. I try not to stress about the small things. Being an hour or two late on a meal to me is not going to kill me!
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

Quote Originally Posted by youngitalianstallion View Post
    Steve do you always start chest training with flat barbell press? ... other question... are you a wrestling fan?
    typically I start with the heavier movements when I lift so when it comes to chest I do a staple movement like flat bench or incline bench on the bar.
    And definitly a wrestling fan...I grew up watching WWF/E with my grandfather
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    I hear ya on the fire house cooking!
    I occasionally take the role of being the fire house chef so I can dictate what were get to eat! When I am on the ambulance we cant cook cause of the call volume. There are times where I'll get my meal times screwed up and I just roll with it...nature of the beast I guess. I try not to stress about the small things. Being an hour or two late on a meal to me is not going to kill me!
    LOL...I feel you bro...Do you get ripped on by the fellas about being a body builder.....wat would a typical mass gaining diet plan for you look like...just one day....and how would that change in pre contest dieting....PHILLY FIRE BABY!!!REST IN PEACE TO OUR CHICAGO BROTHERS THAT GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE!!!!

Hey Steve, well first of all Congrats on everything man, Im sure this is gonna be your year, you seem like a really nice guy we need people like you in the sport, well heres my question
    I see that your not like other bodybuilders eating around 500g of prot, you say you stay at around 300g of prot and your carbs 500g-800g obviously this is working for you proves the theory that you dont need to go extrememly high on prot to grow, but whats up with the Carbs man, are they complex or simple in the off season dont you add quite a bit of unwanted fat with those amounts? and how do you distrubute your carbs with your meals,post w/o and breakfast?

Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    typically I start with the heavier movements when I lift so when it comes to chest I do a staple movement like flat bench or incline bench on the bar.
    And definitly a wrestling fan...I grew up watching WWF/E with my grandfather
    hey Steve do you not do DC anymore due to you being insanely strong? because your benching like 500+ squatting 600+ deadlifting 600+ weekly and if you did DC wouldnt that wreck the shit of your tendons? do you feel a young 18 year old bodybuilder should do high volume or a DC style training?

and do you still watch the wwe? or did you stop when Austin/Rock retired?

Quote Originally Posted by EricCartmanRules View Post
    Hey Steve if you had lagging arms what exercises/ techniques would you focus on to bring them up? Could you write out a good routine for me? Thanks!
    With arms I think that crazy volume and a little higher reps like 12-15 is what I find to work.
    THe exercises are really up to you that you feel work your arms the best.

I like to super set bi's and tris alot and do alot of giant set. I focus on getting a ton of blood in the muscle and the stretch at the end.
    My new dvd coming out in about a month really has a pretty kick ass arm workout!

Quote Originally Posted by eng55ine View Post
    LOL...I feel you bro...Do you get ripped on by the fellas about being a body builder.....wat would a typical mass gaining diet plan for you look like...just one day....and how would that change in pre contest dieting....PHILLY FIRE BABY!!!REST IN PEACE TO OUR CHICAGO BROTHERS THAT GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE!!!!
    Yes RIP to our brothers in Chicago!
    The guys I work with are awesome...they always accomodate me with my diet and training and are very intersted and supportive of me. even when it comes time to dieting they will buy food I eat for me.
    My offseason and precontest are similar with foods...I really cover alot of this in my new dvd coming out in about a month.
    To give you an idea of typical day
    m1-1.5c oats w dried fruit and nuts 1 banana 1 c egg whites 1 omega egg
    m2- post workout 1 scoop isolate, bcaa mix, 1scp karbolyn
    m3- 2-3cups cooked brown rice 6oz cooked chicken (take extra omegas)
    m4- same as above
    m5-6-7oz steak/grn beef 15oz potatos with salad and dressing of choice
    m6- 6oz chicken 1.5c oats with peanut butter

Quote Originally Posted by Fernan89 View Post
    Hey Steve, well first of all Congrats on everything man, Im sure this is gonna be your year, you seem like a really nice guy we need people like you in the sport, well heres my question
    I see that your not like other bodybuilders eating around 500g of prot, you say you stay at around 300g of prot and your carbs 500g-800g obviously this is working for you proves the theory that you dont need to go extrememly high on prot to grow, but whats up with the Carbs man, are they complex or simple in the off season dont you add quite a bit of unwanted fat with those amounts? and how do you distrubute your carbs with your meals,post w/o and breakfast?
    Thanks alot on the congrats bro!
    Yeah I feel that that amount of protein just backs me up and sits on my stomach. with 300g of protein area allows me to eat alot more carbs and they help to spare protein. I stick to mostly complex and fruit for my sources. I take the highest amount of carbs around my workouts...pre and post I'll do up to 200g of carbs.
    I take glucose disposal supplements to help with unwanted fat...stuff like bitter melon extract, chromium, cinnamon exract...they help

Hey Steve,

You mention that you take bitter melon extract, canela extract and chromium to get rid of the unwanted fat. How do they work exactly? Do you take them all every day? At what dose?

Thank you

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Steve! Great Spread in MD Magazine you have a very bright future in bodybuilding and im sure you will turn pro very soon! See You at the animal cage in columbus!

Welcome to MD Steve and Merry Christmas

Ive seen you in the magazines a few years now and remember first seeing you train with Justin Harris, who was simply a strong mass monster type. anyways have you had any serious injuries? if you have what did it take to get the injury back so you could lift heavy again?

also does doing them very heavy side laterals you do hurt your shoulders and do you feel they really help a lot with the shoulder popping look, if your shoulders are healthy enough to do them?

Quote Originally Posted by guindilla View Post
    Hey Steve,

You mention that you take bitter melon extract, canela extract and chromium to get rid of the unwanted fat. How do they work exactly? Do you take them all every day? At what dose?

Thank you
    Yeah I take them everyday to help with unwanted fat storage from carbs. I take them with my highest carb/cal meals. typically morning, postworkout, lunch and dinner.
    They work similar to your owns body insulin and help you store the carbs as glycogen. Kind of lilke a secondary transport system for your body.

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Steve! Great Spread in MD Magazine you have a very bright future in bodybuilding and im sure you will turn pro very soon! See You at the animal cage in columbus!
    Hey Mayor!
    thanks for the message and looking forward to meeting you at the Arnold for sure!
    I appreciate all your support on the boards! Happy Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmeton View Post
    Welcome to MD Steve and Merry Christmas

Ive seen you in the magazines a few years now and remember first seeing you train with Justin Harris, who was simply a strong mass monster type. anyways have you had any serious injuries? if you have what did it take to get the injury back so you could lift heavy again?

also does doing them very heavy side laterals you do hurt your shoulders and do you feel they really help a lot with the shoulder popping look, if your shoulders are healthy enough to do them?
    Merry Christmas John! I have been fortunate to not have any major injuries and do focus on training smart and staying healthy now.
    I have pinched nerves, had minor strains ect when this happens I will take the alloted time off to allow to heal and if a particular exercise hurts I wont do it. There are plenty of other movements to do in order to build a particular muscle then to suffer.

I feel that the heavy laterals added a new demention to my shoulders this past year. Its one of the fun exercies that just feels good to me. IF you properly execute the movement its one of the most most effective at rounding out your delts I believe.

hey steve,
    when you have brown rice do you add anything to it like some sort of stock or flavouring? It seems bland to eat on its own! thanks

Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast