Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 1081

Thread: Q and A with IFBB Pro, Steve Kuclo

  1. #86
    Freak of Nature MEAT ROCKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,102
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Steve, how many transports did you have your last shift? Just got off this morning after transporting 13 throughout yesterday/night. Ran pretty much non stop til 4:00 and then got me 3 hours of sleep. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckk!
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

  2. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    Yeah I take them everyday to help with unwanted fat storage from carbs. I take them with my highest carb/cal meals. typically morning, postworkout, lunch and dinner.
    They work similar to your owns body insulin and help you store the carbs as glycogen. Kind of lilke a secondary transport system for your body.
    That's great info. How much do you take of each one each time?

    Thanks

  3. #88
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBach View Post
    hey steve,
    when you have brown rice do you add anything to it like some sort of stock or flavouring? It seems bland to eat on its own! thanks
    If Im in a huge rush I'll just salt the water and be done with it but ideally i like to cook it with chicken stock and add in a can of diced tomatos. Add the tomatos the last half of cooking. its awesome!
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  4. #89
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guindilla View Post
    That's great info. How much do you take of each one each time?

    Thanks
    I tend to rotate them throughout the day. Usually just one a meal. For a bigger meal or post workout ect I'll take a couple together...my favorite combo is usually bitter melon, banaba, and cinnamon ext.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  5. #90
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MEAT ROCKET View Post
    Steve, how many transports did you have your last shift? Just got off this morning after transporting 13 throughout yesterday/night. Ran pretty much non stop til 4:00 and then got me 3 hours of sleep. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckk!
    That's getting your add beat!! I feel your pain.. it dosent matter if you have just one or two after midnight..when you have to get up several times during the night sucks. And 90% of the time its BS or something thats been going on for a few weeks!
    Last shift I was on the ambulance I think I ran 3 times after midnight and transported two. Calls stopped at 0330. Id say half the calls we get are no transport or people refuse transport.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  6. #91
    Freak of Nature MEAT ROCKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,102
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    That's getting your add beat!! I feel your pain.. it dosent matter if you have just one or two after midnight..when you have to get up several times during the night sucks. And 90% of the time its BS or something thats been going on for a few weeks!
    Last shift I was on the ambulance I think I ran 3 times after midnight and transported two. Calls stopped at 0330. Id say half the calls we get are no transport or people refuse transport.
    I bet these pts and even nurses and Docs look at you like, "What the fuck...." b/c of your size LOL
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

  7. #92
    Dedicated Noob eng55ine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    PHILADELPHIA,PA
    Posts
    45
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    That's getting your add beat!! I feel your pain.. it dosent matter if you have just one or two after midnight..when you have to get up several times during the night sucks. And 90% of the time its BS or something thats been going on for a few weeks!
    Last shift I was on the ambulance I think I ran 3 times after midnight and transported two. Calls stopped at 0330. Id say half the calls we get are no transport or people refuse transport.
    That sounds like a good night. The ems system in Philly is so brokendown...You can expect one run every hour...and thats all the medic units..ALS and BLS....No call screening...first call first served...no matter the type of call...bullshit...ALS units do 12hr shifts.....BLS units manned by fireman do 10hr days 14hr nights......Hey Steve whats your work shedule and training split around that schedule....PHILLY FIRE BABY!!!

  8. #93

    Default

    hey steve i think you missed one of my questions hahah its ok being a firefighter is tough/ stressful, how long do you think ull be one? oh and...

    do you not do DC anymore due to you being insanely strong? because your benching like 500+ squatting 600+ deadlifting 600+ weekly and if you did DC wouldnt that wreck the shit of your tendons? do you feel a young 18 year old bodybuilder should do high volume or a DC style training?

    and do you still watch the wwe? or did you stop when Austin/Rock retired?

  9. #94
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MEAT ROCKET View Post
    I bet these pts and even nurses and Docs look at you like, "What the fuck...." b/c of your size LOL
    LOL!!! That is pretty common expression I get...

    Usually on BS medical calls that people call for they end up totally getting side tracked on what they called for and then are like well I dont really want to go to the hospital now. Works for me!
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  10. #95
    Dedicated Noob eng55ine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    PHILADELPHIA,PA
    Posts
    45
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    LOL!!! That is pretty common expression I get...

    Usually on BS medical calls that people call for they end up totally getting side tracked on what they called for and then are like well I dont really want to go to the hospital now. Works for me!
    HAHAHA..... THAT SHITS CLASSIC....

  11. #96
    Spotter Dick_Tator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    95
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Hey Steve, great to have you here at MD. You have an amazing physique and in bodybuilding terms you're still quite young, and I have no doubt that you have a very bright future in the sport. Plus you've got the coolest nick of all the pros, "King Snake", that's awesome:-)

    I have a few questions for you:

    1) What do you feel you need to do to achieve that elusive procard? Are there any specific bodyparts that you feel you need to improve, and if so, how are you attempting to affect this change in your physique?

    2) I've always kept my supplementation to a minimum, I really only drink protein shakes and take multi vitamin and some fish oil. But I'm thinking of adding some extra supplements to my pre- and postworkout stack. Can you recommend some basic supplements that I might concider?

  12. #97
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eng55ine View Post
    That sounds like a good night. The ems system in Philly is so brokendown...You can expect one run every hour...and thats all the medic units..ALS and BLS....No call screening...first call first served...no matter the type of call...bullshit...ALS units do 12hr shifts.....BLS units manned by fireman do 10hr days 14hr nights......Hey Steve whats your work shedule and training split around that schedule....PHILLY FIRE BABY!!!
    That's pretty much the consensus!
    We do all ALS and if you call we haul...lol. It dosent matter what the call is for you want an ambulance you get it. Call screening would be a great thing to employ for cities. Cut back on call volume but allow for dyer emergencies to get proper service.
    We do 24 hour shifts... wether we are riding on the engine/truck or on ambulance.
    Since we do 24 on 48 off I train on my off days. I never really try to workout on days Im at the station...maybe cardio but thats it.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  13. #98
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EricCartmanRules View Post
    hey steve i think you missed one of my questions hahah its ok being a firefighter is tough/ stressful, how long do you think ull be one? oh and...

    do you not do DC anymore due to you being insanely strong? because your benching like 500+ squatting 600+ deadlifting 600+ weekly and if you did DC wouldnt that wreck the shit of your tendons? do you feel a young 18 year old bodybuilder should do high volume or a DC style training?

    and do you still watch the wwe? or did you stop when Austin/Rock retired?
    Guys at work ask me that question all the time about how long will I stay in the job or what am I going to do when I turn pro. My answer is the same across the board...I am going to stay working my full career wether its 20,25, or 30 years I am going to work and make sure I have a great pension for my family to have and make sure my kids are well taken care of.

    DC training is a good foundation builder for someone starting off and would recommend it for sure. Doing alot of compound movements like you mentioned really builds a strong base and helped me out alot. It is hard on the joints/tendons and ive started to stray away from movements that hurt more then they are effective. lol

    that was about the time I stopped watching wwe...Austin and Rock we definity some of my favorite.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  14. #99
    Dedicated Noob mr_aestheticz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC/Bridgeport, CT
    Posts
    59
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    What up big man I finally joined the MD forums and following you from AP/UN forums over to here and just popping in!

    Again congrats on the signing and all you you have achieved so far in yoru very young career, Ill be popping in w/ plenty of Q &A!

    ...EASY!!!

  15. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    Guys at work ask me that question all the time about how long will I stay in the job or what am I going to do when I turn pro. My answer is the same across the board...I am going to stay working my full career wether its 20,25, or 30 years I am going to work and make sure I have a great pension for my family to have and make sure my kids are well taken care of.

    DC training is a good foundation builder for someone starting off and would recommend it for sure. Doing alot of compound movements like you mentioned really builds a strong base and helped me out alot. It is hard on the joints/tendons and ive started to stray away from movements that hurt more then they are effective. lol

    that was about the time I stopped watching wwe...Austin and Rock we definity some of my favorite.
    oh i see thats awesome bro!

    for training when you trained everything twice a week, did you do high volume every workout? how many sets do you take to failure? just the last set of each exercise right? do you feel doing isolation movements in the mix ofcompound movements is great for offseason or just save the isolation movements for pre contest? thanks!

  16. #101
    Dedicated Noob eng55ine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    PHILADELPHIA,PA
    Posts
    45
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    Guys at work ask me that question all the time about how long will I stay in the job or what am I going to do when I turn pro. My answer is the same across the board...I am going to stay working my full career wether its 20,25, or 30 years I am going to work and make sure I have a great pension for my family to have and make sure my kids are well taken care of.

    DC training is a good foundation builder for someone starting off and would recommend it for sure. Doing alot of compound movements like you mentioned really builds a strong base and helped me out alot. It is hard on the joints/tendons and ive started to stray away from movements that hurt more then they are effective. lol

    that was about the time I stopped watching wwe...Austin and Rock we definity some of my favorite.
    Awsome answer....sign of a HERO....

  17. #102
    Nobody
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Posts
    5
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    grande simetria!

Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •