Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Results 103 to 119 of 1081

Thread: Q and A with IFBB Pro, Steve Kuclo

  1. #103

    Default

    Big steve; what's up man

    quick one, creatine while trying to drop weight down is it bad idea ? i am using creatine beside a fat burner and keeping my water intake high, i am about 240 Lbs , looking to drop down about 40-60 lbs ?

    thanks ma man =)

  2. #104
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amin mansour View Post
    Big steve; what's up man

    quick one, creatine while trying to drop weight down is it bad idea ? i am using creatine beside a fat burner and keeping my water intake high, i am about 240 Lbs , looking to drop down about 40-60 lbs ?

    thanks ma man =)
    happy new year bro!
    I use creatine all the way through my contest prep. If you dont have problems with creatine...ie bloating ect..then I would highly recommend it. It keeps your muscles a little fuller and allows for better workouts.
    Let your diet, training, and supplements all work for you to drop that weight!
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  3. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    happy new year bro!
    I use creatine all the way through my contest prep. If you dont have problems with creatine...ie bloating ect..then I would highly recommend it. It keeps your muscles a little fuller and allows for better workouts.
    Let your diet, training, and supplements all work for you to drop that weight!
    Do you take your creatine pre or post workout or both? I remember you saying in a video or something that you take creatine capsules and just open them and dump in a drink.
    When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead...True Story.

  4. #106
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheVenom View Post
    oh i see thats awesome bro!

    for training when you trained everything twice a week, did you do high volume every workout? how many sets do you take to failure? just the last set of each exercise right? do you feel doing isolation movements in the mix ofcompound movements is great for offseason or just save the isolation movements for pre contest? thanks!
    Yeah I did high volume every workout... I did rotate my reps from say 8-10 or 12-14. Keep the body guessing every few weeks.
    I usually take the last one or two sets of every exercise to failure or use a slight spot.
    I also like to use a mix of compound and isolation both precontest and offseason. I also start with the heavier compound stuff then go to the isolation toward the end of the workout.
    Hope this helps...let me know what else ya got!
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  5. #107
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jam.josh View Post
    Do you take your creatine pre or post workout or both? I remember you saying in a video or something that you take creatine capsules and just open them and dump in a drink.
    I like to take pre and post workout... I'll mix up bcaa's, glutamine, and NO complex pre workout and if I dont drink it all pre workout i'll sip through out my workout.
    Post workout i'll take in creatine as well with my bcaa's,eaa's, glutamine, protein and carbs.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  6. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    Yeah I did high volume every workout... I did rotate my reps from say 8-10 or 12-14. Keep the body guessing every few weeks.
    I usually take the last one or two sets of every exercise to failure or use a slight spot.
    I also like to use a mix of compound and isolation both precontest and offseason. I also start with the heavier compound stuff then go to the isolation toward the end of the workout.
    Hope this helps...let me know what else ya got!
    are you gonna get some new vids with Robbie soon? when does your dvd release? how much grams of carbs do you take in per meal in the offseason because i noticed your going pretty high this year? thanks for answering my questions!!

  7. #109
    Forum Legend RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami,Florida
    Posts
    39,530
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    what made you get away from dc training in favor of higher volume training?

  8. #110
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheVenom View Post
    are you gonna get some new vids with Robbie soon? when does your dvd release? how much grams of carbs do you take in per meal in the offseason because i noticed your going pretty high this year? thanks for answering my questions!!
    Yeah Ive had a little down time healing up but plan to get some stuff going soon with videos. My dvd will be close to being down by the end of this month or early february.
    Offseason right now I am getting around 5-600g of carbs but as I start turning my training up I will push it to 800 or more grams or carbs. My protein is probably around 350g's.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  9. #111
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    what made you get away from dc training in favor of higher volume training?
    I do like going heavy still but DC is hard on the joints body and I had to start listening to my body when stuff started to hurt all the time. I plan on being in this game a long time so listening to my body is important.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  10. #112
    Forum Legend RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami,Florida
    Posts
    39,530
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    simply going by what you just said above, would you say that is far to say that we cannot gauge progress purely on strenght increase. if people kept beating the logbook everytime we will have some dudes squatting 1000 pounds on their regular leg workouts right?

  11. #113
    youngitalianstallion
    Guest

    Default

    Steve i herd somewhere that now you're working with Hany rambod is it true? if so, are you using Fst-7? and in which exercise do you use it? i used to use it but now that i'm working out on a gym with poor equipment and i don't have too much time i can't use fst-7 but it was a fantastic training method.. it keeps you fuller and bigger especially when you eat a lot of carbs and the pump is so extreme..

  12. #114
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    simply going by what you just said above, would you say that is far to say that we cannot gauge progress purely on strenght increase. if people kept beating the logbook everytime we will have some dudes squatting 1000 pounds on their regular leg workouts right?
    I do not think strength directly related to muscle gain. That's like saying since power lifters who squat 1000 lbs have bigger legs then most pro bb'ers. That is typically not the case. SO I think that it is fair to say that you cannot guage progress purely on strenth. Now if you are getting stronger over a period you will more that likely see an increase in muscle size that is your working the muscle properly not just moving weight.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  13. #115
    IFBB PRO KING SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by youngitalianstallion View Post
    Steve i herd somewhere that now you're working with Hany rambod is it true? if so, are you using Fst-7? and in which exercise do you use it? i used to use it but now that i'm working out on a gym with poor equipment and i don't have too much time i can't use fst-7 but it was a fantastic training method.. it keeps you fuller and bigger especially when you eat a lot of carbs and the pump is so extreme..
    Yeah heard right...Hany and I are working together . Utilizing FST-7 works great for all bodyparts... one that I noticed that I focused on was to increase my arms size. I do some of my favorite bicep movements (preacher curl, standing barbell curl, incline bench curls).
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

  14. #116

    Default

    Hey Steve,
    what type of an arm workout would you recommend to a young kid with a relatively skiny frame trying to build bigger arms?
    thxs for ur time, happy new yr

  15. #117

    Default

    steve do you train abs how often and what do you do?

  16. #118

    Default

    Steve your the man. I have Project Super Heavyweight and me and my buddy watch it sometimes before we go to train. Or your vids on youtube, we have this inside joke we text back an fourth and say "what would steve do" Your a strong dude an seem cool as shit. I hope everything works out for you man, i know it will. Your some one i look up to and keep in the back of my mind when training. Thanks for keeping everyone on here motivated!

  17. #119
    Forum Legend RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami,Florida
    Posts
    39,530
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    as an experienced (ex) DC trainee, you surely know that its one and only focus is to beat the logbook by either lifting more weight or doing more reps with same weight from one workout to the next. you seem to have made some of your best progress lately after stepping away from DC training...without knocking DC style in itself, would you say that you have made great improvemnets without necessarily getting much stronger and also training more pain-free?

Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •