Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with IFBB Pro, Steve Kuclo

Quote Originally Posted by SuprMann View Post
    Hey Steve,
    what type of an arm workout would you recommend to a young kid with a relatively skiny frame trying to build bigger arms?
    thxs for ur time, happy new yr
    I fall in the same category as you trying to build bigger arms.
    I have found that A LOT of blood volume type training works! Heavy low reps I have never felt an "Effective" arm workout. rep ranges from 10-20 reps is what I currently do and really like the results.
    I explain the volume approach in my new dvd coming out in about a month and utilizing volume training styles.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

Quote Originally Posted by smbarney View Post
    steve do you train abs how often and what do you do?
    Abs are hit and miss with me. If they get to strong they start making my lower back tighten up to much.
    I do train them pre contest once or twice a week.
    I like to do rope cable crunches and legs raises from a pull up bar.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

Quote Originally Posted by pmaks88 View Post
    Steve your the man. I have Project Super Heavyweight and me and my buddy watch it sometimes before we go to train. Or your vids on youtube, we have this inside joke we text back an fourth and say "what would steve do" Your a strong dude an seem cool as shit. I hope everything works out for you man, i know it will. Your some one i look up to and keep in the back of my mind when training. Thanks for keeping everyone on here motivated!
    Thank a lot for the message bro! Glad you enjoy the current video's and keep an eye out for some new ones coming out soon and I have a new DVD coming out in about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    as an experienced (ex) DC trainee, you surely know that its one and only focus is to beat the logbook by either lifting more weight or doing more reps with same weight from one workout to the next. you seem to have made some of your best progress lately after stepping away from DC training...without knocking DC style in itself, would you say that you have made great improvemnets without necessarily getting much stronger and also training more pain-free?
    I would say that I have made some of my best progress over the last few years...obviously with more years under my belt and learning what works for me all ties into making me better. Also increasing my knowledge working with the best in the sport and reading MD and all the articles help me better my self. I would say its safe to say that I didnt get much stronger in some of my lifts but increase muscle size. I did get stronger over the past year in my shoulder and chest to a new level. It appears things come in phases.

Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    I fall in the same category as you trying to build bigger arms.
    I have found that A LOT of blood volume type training works! Heavy low reps I have never felt an "Effective" arm workout. rep ranges from 10-20 reps is what I currently do and really like the results.
    I explain the volume approach in my new dvd coming out in about a month and utilizing volume training styles.
    Damn bro im gonna get that DVD, your not even pro yet and your like the "Peoples Champ" of bodybuilding/fitness industry!

Hey bro have you ever tried DC on a leg press? That shit fucking kicks my ass!!

thanks for your reply bro. i gotta hand it to you, back in the day i thought justin harris was going to be in the position that you currently find yourself in. i now see a complete different bodybuilder and person in you. i personally want to apologize for never thinking of you as pro material, just another trueprotein athlete lifting heavy-ass weights LOL... i think i speak on behalf of a lot of sports followers when i say that with a few further improvements we will see you soon not just on a pro stage but following in the footseps of jay, dexter, and phil

Quote Originally Posted by TheVenom View Post
    Damn bro im gonna get that DVD, your not even pro yet and your like the "Peoples Champ" of bodybuilding/fitness industry!

Hey bro have you ever tried DC on a leg press? That shit fucking kicks my ass!!
    Thanks bro! Always gracious of my fans and fans of the sport!
    Yeah I have Dc on leg press...definitly no joke! Hell most leg days if you get crazy enough is no joke!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    thanks for your reply bro. i gotta hand it to you, back in the day i thought justin harris was going to be in the position that you currently find yourself in. i now see a complete different bodybuilder and person in you. i personally want to apologize for never thinking of you as pro material, just another trueprotein athlete lifting heavy-ass weights LOL... i think i speak on behalf of a lot of sports followers when i say that with a few further improvements we will see you soon not just on a pro stage but following in the footseps of jay, dexter, and phil
    Rocky...thanks for your reply as well. I know you have been around a long time and appreciate your post. I wish the best for you and stop in anytime here.

Hey Steve whats your take on Art Atwoods supersize training program? http://www.professionalsupplements.n...izeWorkout.pdf

Do you think that type of super high volume training to failure on everyset is beneficial?

Hey Big Steve...

I have a friend from Plano, Texas actually a girl and I made her go to Metroflex Plano to buy me a tshirt, so now I have a Metroflex shirt so I feel apart of the family but I was wondering....
    what is your current supplementation from Universal/Animal right now? And your weight? Best of Luck!

youngitalianstallion

Steve i watched " project superheavyweight" and during the back training i saw you and Justin doing a strange staning rope row.. are you still using it? Now that you're working with Hany are you still training twice a day or Hany gave you a training split to follow?

Hey Steve, what was your diet like as a teenager? Did you understand the importance of nutrition from the get go or did u start out with the typical teenage diet of fast food and other junk? lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheVenom View Post
    Hey Steve whats your take on Art Atwoods supersize training program? http://www.professionalsupplements.n...izeWorkout.pdf

Do you think that type of super high volume training to failure on everyset is beneficial?
    Art's program is awesome...I would recommend anyone to give that a shot. I used it last year for most of my offseason and alot of my prep. Its very hard on the body but you need to have your diet in check to help with the recovery but you force your body to grow!

Quote Originally Posted by youngitalianstallion View Post
    Steve i watched " project superheavyweight" and during the back training i saw you and Justin doing a strange staning rope row.. are you still using it? Now that you're working with Hany are you still training twice a day or Hany gave you a training split to follow?
    Every once in a while I use that leaning forward rope row to target the lower lat a little bit. If you ever see the FST7 training video hany did he has the guys do a similar movement with the rope.
    I have back down to once a day training for the past 3 months and about 4-5 days a week do cardio as well. This is kind of an active recovery for me. I do plan on bringing back the twice a day training in the next few weeks as I start prepping for the USA's! Hany and I are putting together a training split now.

Quote Originally Posted by NTT91 View Post
    Hey Steve, what was your diet like as a teenager? Did you understand the importance of nutrition from the get go or did u start out with the typical teenage diet of fast food and other junk? lol
    This is an awesome question that I dont think have ever been asked.
    I actually ate pretty good as a teenager... I never really ever ate fast food. I was blessed with awesome parents who always cooked. I ate hearty home cooked meals. When I was 18 and met Justin Harris for the first time he game me my first bodybuilding diet as I started to prep for a show and I actually gained 15 lbs due to higher protein (ie calorie) diet.
    I can recall during high school I always ate breakfast typically eggs and cold ceral. Had a snack before lunch like piece of fruit and lunch was typically two sandwiches (tuna or turkey). Ate before football practice yogurt, granola bar. Dinner was mom's cooking!

Got skipped over.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolf00 View Post
    Hey Big Steve...

I have a friend from Plano, Texas actually a girl and I made her go to Metroflex Plano to buy me a tshirt, so now I have a Metroflex shirt so I feel apart of the family but I was wondering....
    what is your current supplementation from Universal/Animal right now? And your weight? Best of Luck!

i am glad you are taking such an open-minded approach to training, i used to argue with a lot of DCÚrs because i felt their training didnt offer much freedom to change things around much. what i was wondering was how you have managed to not only keep your size on but actually gain mass with your type of job. i know when i skip a meal or dont have time to eat when i m hungry because of work i feel it immediately and i only weigh 200 pounds...

Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast