Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with IFBB Pro, Steve Kuclo

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    i am glad you are taking such an open-minded approach to training, i used to argue with a lot of DCÚrs because i felt their training didnt offer much freedom to change things around much. what i was wondering was how you have managed to not only keep your size on but actually gain mass with your type of job. i know when i skip a meal or dont have time to eat when i m hungry because of work i feel it immediately and i only weigh 200 pounds...
    Thanks Rocky!
    Biggest thing I do when it comes to meals while working is try not to stress about it...stressing would be the worst thing. I know I am not going to shrivle up and loose all my muscle if for some reason I am delayed a few hours on a meal or happen to miss one I will try and make it up later in the day or make the next meal a bigger meal. That's what seems to work for me.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

i am glad you are taking such an open-minded approach to training, i used to argue with a lot of DCÚrs because i felt their training didnt offer much freedom to change things around much. what i was wondering was how you have managed to not only keep your size on but actually gain mass with your type of job. i know when i skip a meal or dont have time to eat when i m hungry because of work i feel it immediately and i only weigh 200 pounds...
    And Im always prepared for the worst...lol...always heve enough meals to last me two days.
    www.stevekuclo.com Find me on Twitter (SteveKuclo) & My Offical Facebook Fan page

hey steve do you sip on a bcaa/creatine/glutamine cocktail during your workout? do you think its really important to do that, because that stuff is expensive haha, what about sugars like gatorade during your workout? how beneficial would that be?

thanks for your answer, even though i m not sure i will be competing again i still carry all my meals to work and train as seriously as it gets, i am slowly learning just like you did, that skipping a meal wont destroy your lean mass in a matter of a few hours, especially when you are in offseason mode with plenty of glycogen storage to spare lol

What supplements are taking from Universal/Animal? And whats your weight right now?
    Best of Luck with your USA prep coming up shortly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheVenom View Post
    hey steve do you sip on a bcaa/creatine/glutamine cocktail during your workout? do you think its really important to do that, because that stuff is expensive haha, what about sugars like gatorade during your workout? how beneficial would that be?
    If it comes down to financial part of it I would recommend to atleast take it before you workout. That way it will still be in your system while you train. The cocktail you mention is the one I always recommend.
    Drinking gatorade type beverage is good while you are trying to add muscle and keep you anabolic. Another route to go is the Karbolyn/vitargo/waxy maize type carb during workout.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolf00 View Post
    What supplements are taking from Universal/Animal? And whats your weight right now?
    Best of Luck with your USA prep coming up shortly!
    Thanks bro! I like to keep things simple:
    Stick to multivitamin, BCAA stack with Glutamine, Joint Formula, Omega's, pre-workout. I use whey protein isolate for postworkout protein.
    My weight is at about 270 now...it close to what I was on stage at but a little different composition. I plan on turning my training up to full bore now and will like to get up to 290 area before i come down for this year.

youngitalianstallion

steve do you think it's necessary to supplements during training? for example use bcaa and arginine? last question, what is your tipical chest routine?

Quote Originally Posted by youngitalianstallion View Post
    steve do you think it's necessary to supplements during training? for example use bcaa and arginine? last question, what is your tipical chest routine?
    I dont think its absolutely necessary to take supplements while training but it does help. It keeps you anabolic and helps fight fatigue. If i was to recommend just one thing to take I would say a BCAA power/pill of some sort.
    My typical chest routine looks like this:
    flat bench- 4 sets 10-12reps
    db incline 4 sets 10-12 reps
    pec dec flys- 3sets 10-12 reps
    db flys (incline or flat) 3 sets 10-12 reps
    hammer incline press 4 sets 10-12 reps

king snake did you get my pm?

youngitalianstallion

Quote Originally Posted by KING SNAKE View Post
    I dont think its absolutely necessary to take supplements while training but it does help. It keeps you anabolic and helps fight fatigue. If i was to recommend just one thing to take I would say a BCAA power/pill of some sort.
    My typical chest routine looks like this:
    flat bench- 4 sets 10-12reps
    db incline 4 sets 10-12 reps
    pec dec flys- 3sets 10-12 reps
    db flys (incline or flat) 3 sets 10-12 reps
    hammer incline press 4 sets 10-12 reps

thank steve for your answers and your help..

Dedicated Noob

Hello Steve how many calories should 100kg men eat per day ? What is your opinion and how much do you actually eat.
    Almost every bodybuilder eat a lot of protein but someone need more carbs and others more good fats.Is this something personal? or some standards should everybody respects(carbs and fats). Please write P/F/C How is your body changing when you manipulate up/down with carbs and fats.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011change View Post
    Hello Steve how many calories should 100kg men eat per day ? What is your opinion and how much do you actually eat.
    Almost every bodybuilder eat a lot of protein but someone need more carbs and others more good fats.Is this something personal? or some standards should everybody respects(carbs and fats). Please write P/F/C How is your body changing when you manipulate up/down with carbs and fats.
    with all due respect brother, you cant ask questions like that. yes it is an individual thing when it comes to macronutrient ratio... do you gain fat really fast? do you put on muscle at a high rate? those are all questions that you need to answer yourself. not steve nor anyone else knows your body like yourself. for protein the general rule of thumb is anywhere between 1gm to 2gm per pound of bodyweight, the rest is trial and error by listening to your body and understanding your bodytype
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Hey Steve,
    what type of a hamstring workout would you recommend to someone trying to add mass to their hamstrings during the offseason?
    thxs, all the best

this is a great question...there seems to be a push for sups to drink during training..and yes, they are very $$$$$ on top of other proven sups!! would love an honest feedback that does not have a contract tied to it

with all due respect brother, you cant ask questions like that. yes it is an individual thing when it comes to macronutrient ratio... do you gain fat really fast? do you put on muscle at a high rate? those are all questions that you need to answer yourself. not steve nor anyone else knows your body like yourself. for protein the general rule of thumb is anywhere between 1gm to 2gm per pound of bodyweight, the rest is trial and error by listening to your body and understanding your bodytype
    Couldnt have answered this any better...
    Every body is different...what works for me, rocky, or jay cutler...may not work for you.
    Stick to basics to start and keep a written record of what you eat in order to see the appropiate changes you need to make.

Quote Originally Posted by SuprMann View Post
    Hey Steve,
    what type of a hamstring workout would you recommend to someone trying to add mass to their hamstrings during the offseason?
    thxs, all the best
    Hamstrings are one of the stubborn muscles and somewhat genetic. My favorite is either single leg or lying leg curl. The key is to not let you ass come off the pad so your hips end up doing most of the work . Make sure you control the negative portion of the rep and you will see results.

Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast