Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What you take in immediately after resistance exercise..?

Voters
419. You may not vote on this poll
  • A mix of protein hydrolysate (eg whey) plus high-glycemic carbs (eg dextrose, malto)

    117 27.92%
  • Intact whey protein (eg WPC, WPI) plus high GI carbs

    112 26.73%
  • Intact whey protein plus lower GI carbs (eg. oat)

    40 9.55%
  • Whey hydrolysate or intact whey protein without carbs

    53 12.65%
  • Essential amino acids + high-glycemic carbs

    50 11.93%
  • Just regular food.. post-exercise shakes are for losers!

    47 11.22%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 154 to 170 of 199

Thread: Post-Exercise Nutr/Supp

  1. #154
    Forum Legend UkrainianGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    57,572
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    creatine w/ grape juice
    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

    This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

  2. #155
    Beach Body LotusMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kingston, Ontario
    Posts
    738

    Default

    No need to jump on each other guys and gals, we're all different body styles and what works for one will not work for another, so please lets stop the fighting and get back to a normal forum. Thank you!

  3. #156
    Amateur Threat droppingplates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Remote locale
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    I guess he gave up..............................

  4. #157

    Default

    WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE + HIGH GL CARBS

    Highest quality protein as possible for sure. ( quality for me = fat proportion and biological value )

  5. #158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droppingplates View Post
    Under 200 in August of 08 and 6 months later @ 235 on the diet you mentioned? Yeah, right. How much for that bridge you're selling!!!!!!

    Ha!!!!

    Your ass is dripping. Get your bullshit straight and get your facts together.

    In your profile pics you look like a buck fifty tops.
    No wonder I thought you were emmaciated.

    And I'm not a trainer, ok? Why the fuck does everyone think I'm trying to be a fitness trainer????? I lift for the fun of it, not to compensate for shortcomings elsewhere, like you obviously do.








    '
    lol this was cute, made me chuckle. hadnt checked this thread in awhile, buck fifty? havent been that light since like 7th grade.
    Teen NPC competitor.

    Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

  6. #159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    This is a serious question. If its not that "high" but enough. How did you get to 17%.
    i do not at all get what your asking. fat doesnt make you fat necessarily.
    Teen NPC competitor.

    Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

  7. #160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Im very surprised this isnt quite obvious to you. The problem is we dont realize this till we hit about 30 when we all say........ Remember when I could drink a case of beer and a eat a whole pizza every weekend and never gain weight.

    You do know breast milk is incredibly high in fat, right? You do know hormones are produced in direct response to cholesterol, right? You do know cholesterol is produced in response to SATURATED fats, right?

    Heres great response from someone in the "best supplement ever" thread.




    I've made more changes to my physique with roids than with anything else, so I guess you could say fats b/c steroids are cholesterol derived and cholesterol is a lipid and lipids are in the fat category

    seen the new study where fat taken around training time actually lowered testosterone a bit? actually saw this one in MD, layne wrote about it.
    Teen NPC competitor.

    Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

  8. #161
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wakingmalice View Post
    seen the new study where fat taken around training time actually lowered testosterone a bit? actually saw this one in MD, layne wrote about it.

    Do you really think that testosterone levels could be affected that quickly from using a complete meal at any time of the day. How much fat are you talking about? Chances are you have no idea. ALL my athletes use a minimum of 1 tbs oil at every meal. 14 grams with 1 gram of saturated coudnt affect a cavity! Anything less than that will DRASTICALLY lower Testosterone along wit Cholesterol over a period of time by creating a deficiency.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  9. #162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Do you really think that testosterone levels could be affected that quickly from using a complete meal at any time of the day. How much fat are you talking about? Chances are you have no idea. ALL my athletes use a minimum of 1 tbs oil at every meal. 14 grams with 1 gram of saturated coudnt affect a cavity! Anything less than that will DRASTICALLY lower Testosterone along wit Cholesterol over a period of time by creating a deficiency.
    i use a lot more than 14 g of fat in a day... and i wont quote the study, because i dont remember it exactly, it was in the most recent MD if your interested. and no it wont be affected that quickly. not what i was saying. maybe i misunderstood what you were trying to say.
    Teen NPC competitor.

    Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

  10. #163
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wakingmalice View Post
    i use a lot more than 14 g of fat in a day... and i wont quote the study, because i dont remember it exactly, it was in the most recent MD if your interested. and no it wont be affected that quickly. not what i was saying. maybe i misunderstood what you were trying to say.

    How do my posts get so misunderstood? 1 TBS is 14 grams. Not daily..... every meal......
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  11. #164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    How do my posts get so misunderstood? 1 TBS is 14 grams. Not daily..... every meal......

    nope, i follow a different protocol while cutting right now, during bulking i get that indirectly and directly at least. (like i dont just take a tbs of oil to get fats, by products)
    Teen NPC competitor.

    Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

  12. #165
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wakingmalice View Post
    nope, i follow a different protocol while cutting right now, during bulking i get that indirectly and directly at least. (like i dont just take a tbs of oil to get fats, by products)
    Youll never ever get to the .000 accuracy by guesstimating the amount of fats in foods. Using select oils with meals, assures 100% accuracy for EFA supplementation.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  13. #166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Youll never ever get to the .000 accuracy by guesstimating the amount of fats in foods. Using select oils with meals, assures 100% accuracy for EFA supplementation.
    i supplement with EFA's separately as well. I know what your trying to say, and the logic is there, but the application is too much of a variable in either case. Adding more oils to hit more fats would be adding more calories, when in reality, on a cut that is not an option. Now bulking, i prefer to use peanut butter, cottage cheese, eggs, extra virgin olive oil and such to get my fats.
    Teen NPC competitor.

    Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

  14. #167

    Default

    Sorry guys; but you guys shouldn't give Tipsta a hard time. I really think he knows alot plus he's experienced; you should follow his suggestions.




    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Youll never ever get to the .000 accuracy by guesstimating the amount of fats in foods. Using select oils with meals, assures 100% accuracy for EFA supplementation.

  15. #168
    Iron Addict TrashMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    3,409

    Default

    I do about 40-60g of dextrose with 25g of bcaa at a 4:1:1 ratio. 30minutes or so later i take 50g of WPI. What I do is similar to what Nutrient Timing says, but I could be wrong because I haven't read it in a while.
    WARNING: I'm probably not going to be nice in my responses. This is just for role playing entertainment and fictional.

  16. #169
    Dedicated Noob steelM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunny wigglesworth View Post
    vitargo...whey protein...bcaas creatine...my freind knows the guy who has the european rights to vitargo...i get unlimited supplies!!!whoohoooo lol
    lucky bastard

  17. #170
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    113

    Default

    PWO includes 35g of whey, 70g of GENR8 VITARGO S2 (NOT WAXY MAIZE), 5g of creatine, 5g of glutamine, and 10g of BCAA... all mixed as powders all in one shake...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •