Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What you take in immediately after resistance exercise..?

Voters
419. You may not vote on this poll
  • A mix of protein hydrolysate (eg whey) plus high-glycemic carbs (eg dextrose, malto)

117 27.92%
  • Intact whey protein (eg WPC, WPI) plus high GI carbs

112 26.73%
  • Intact whey protein plus lower GI carbs (eg. oat)

40 9.55%
  • Whey hydrolysate or intact whey protein without carbs

53 12.65%
  • Essential amino acids + high-glycemic carbs

50 11.93%
  • Just regular food.. post-exercise shakes are for losers!

47 11.22%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Post-Exercise Nutr/Supp

Quote Originally Posted by Vitargo Hero View Post
    PWO includes 35g of whey, 70g of GENR8 VITARGO S2 (NOT WAXY MAIZE), 5g of creatine, 5g of glutamine, and 10g of BCAA... all mixed as powders all in one shake...

how does that taste?

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by tallguy21 View Post
    how does that taste?
    AMAZING!!!! No nasty or chalky after taste... I use the unflavored Vitrago S2 with Chocolate Whey... Just takes the flavor from the Whey...

How many of you people truly believe that just eating the next meal on an already perfectly balanced nutrition plan, especially when you are eating every 3 hours or so day in day out, week in week out and year in and year out, is any less beneficial than eating some concoction designed for post workout? Before you answer, take into account most train one body part, depleting about 5% of the bodies glycogen reserves.

Being 100% lifetime steroid free with over 10 firsts and 4 overalls and qualifying for a National event 4 seperate times in the NPC, I believe it makes ABSOLUTELY no difference....Then again I'm probably one of the only ones on here that use a glucometer to determine the height of blood sugar peak to determine the amount of insulin thats called upon.......I'm also one of the only ones on here that understands the amount of insulin secreted according to blood sugar readings as well as how much insulin is needed according to the level of glycogen depletion/reserves, so this may not be a fair question for 99% of you people.....

If you do not have an avatar or post any pics your answers will be null and void and considered spam.....The proof is in the pudding and most call me TAPIOCA!
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Quote Originally Posted by Vitargo Hero View Post
    PWO includes 35g of whey, 70g of GENR8 VITARGO S2 (NOT WAXY MAIZE), 5g of creatine, 5g of glutamine, and 10g of BCAA... all mixed as powders all in one shake...

Curious question......Since GLUtamine is used by the liver to make GLUcose AFTER its reserves are used to replenish blood sugar DURING a workload, how does it benefit the body AFTER a workout? I can see how BCAA's would but GLUtamine has no application following a workout...Not to mention that only under severe carb restricted conditions would the liver ever need to make its own GLUcose from GLUtamine and under normal carb intake conditions where the liver is always above 90% capacity, it would be money basically flushed down the toilet....

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Curious question......Since GLUtamine is used by the liver to make GLUcose AFTER its reserves are used to replenish blood sugar DURING a workload, how does it benefit the body AFTER a workout? I can see how BCAA's would but GLUtamine has no application following a workout...Not to mention that only under severe carb restricted conditions would the liver ever need to make its own GLUcose from GLUtamine and under normal carb intake conditions where the liver is always above 90% capacity, it would be money basically flushed down the toilet....

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

What he said..............................

Quote Originally Posted by droppingplates View Post
    Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

What he said..............................

Meanwhile 99.9% of the people here havnt the slightest idea how the body functions on the most simplest of topics......

Meanwhile 99.9% of the people here havnt the slightest idea how the body functions on the most simplest of topics......

I understand quite well, actually. Lift alotta weight and eat alotta food.

But, really........................there's so much to know that one person can never truly know everything, especially since most people respond differently to similar compounds.

Just like radiation can cause or cure cancer, there are NO absolutes in medicine or physiology, only baselines.

That's why physicians PRACTICE medicine, not perform it.

Quote Originally Posted by droppingplates View Post
    I understand quite well, actually. Lift alotta weight and eat alotta food.

But, really........................there's so much to know that one person can never truly know everything, especially since most people respond differently to similar compounds.

Just like radiation can cause or cure cancer, there are NO absolutes in medicine or physiology, only baselines.

That's why physicians PRACTICE medicine, not perform it.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone who knows the secret.......Eating like a scientist with some calculated timed eating plan may be good for weight loss but to gain pure unadulterated muscle, this will never work UNLESS there are other contributing factors like ANABOLICS that are the real catalyst to the growth.

Everybody complicates shit. There's a thread about freezing your orals and people are acually doing it. I mean, really.

Light is the number one degrading factor for pharmaceuticals, be it supplement or prescription..........long as you don't leave it in your glove compartment in an Orlando parking lot in the middle of a hot August day.

Freezing Epistane. Talk about fucking stupid.

But, yeah real food's the way to go. The great ones always knew that..............no matter what the supplement companies were payin 'em.

My post workout nutrition consists of 2 scoops of Whey + 1 scoop of Casein and Haribo Gummy Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by ThermoRep View Post
    Chocolate milk.

/thread
    Guys like you really make this sport grow.

Guys like you really make this sport grow.
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic...

For anyone interested, here is a discussion of chocolate milk post workout versus other (formulated) options:

http://thermolife.com/forum/showthre...chocolate+milk

From reading I was under the impression that your blood sugar was low after a hard workout, so taking some sort of carb and a fast acting protein like whey would shuttle nutrients into your muscles in a faster manner than just eating a meal?

Quote Originally Posted by cstrong10 View Post
    From reading I was under the impression that your blood sugar was low after a hard workout, so taking some sort of carb and a fast acting protein like whey would shuttle nutrients into your muscles in a faster manner than just eating a meal?

Not necessarily. You will still get an insulin response from just plain whey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhead1983 View Post
    Not necessarily. You will still get an insulin response from just plain whey.
    so whats the purpose of putting dextrose and other carb forms in a post workout shake?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast