Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What you take in immediately after resistance exercise..?

Voters
419. You may not vote on this poll
  • A mix of protein hydrolysate (eg whey) plus high-glycemic carbs (eg dextrose, malto)

117 27.92%
  • Intact whey protein (eg WPC, WPI) plus high GI carbs

112 26.73%
  • Intact whey protein plus lower GI carbs (eg. oat)

40 9.55%
  • Whey hydrolysate or intact whey protein without carbs

53 12.65%
  • Essential amino acids + high-glycemic carbs

50 11.93%
  • Just regular food.. post-exercise shakes are for losers!

47 11.22%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Post-Exercise Nutr/Supp

Quote Originally Posted by drebo View Post
    1 cup egg white
    50gram whey iso
    1 cup oats
    1-2 bananas

Without a single gram of fat theres no way these nutients will cross the cell membrane and seat into the muscle as well. Also never use fruits of any kind as a PWO carb since fructose will only fill the liver and blood and is more of a performance carb not a glycogen replenishing carb as it doesnt have the ability to enter the muscle.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Quote Originally Posted by candidate View Post
    oh brother...tipsta just quit right now
    Quit what? Explaining the use of macros in laymans terms? Never.

nah... this is what im talking about

come on bro... bullshit

This is the last time I address you because you are a complete idiot! Not from what you post but the fact that you have no true knowledge to the point I do but have balls the size of elephants to negate me. Thats the true definition of immaturity.

Five things are needed for glycogen to cross the cell membrane and if in doubt just ask anyone who attempts to carb up for a show without them and theyll tell you the same thing. They had a problem restoring glycogen to the muscle.

Water
    Amino Acids
    Sodium(within the small intestines)
    Minerals
    FAT......

Maybe someday youll answer my question instead of thinking we just forgot. Remember, THOUSANDS of people read my posts so many know you have dodged it. Just curious though. How many e mails daily do you get with people from around the world looking for guidance and to PAY you for your knowledge.

Better yet maybe someday youll stop hiding behind fake pics of pros and post one of yourself. NOT! Because youll never warrant the physique....Sad but true and its due to your way of thinking. Ive got pics froim just 2 yrs of training winning my class at an NPC event. I guarantee you have more than two years under your belt and cant even post a pic let alone compete and dominate...

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    And this is his 5000 calorie diet??????

Put down the chalk and use a caculator!

yes. not quite 5000, but it varies by day. sometimes higher sometimes lower. i have done it on 3 different internet sites (fitday, daily plate, etc) and gotten within 250 cals of 5000 on all of them, and not to mention that no matter how much weighing I do there are going to be variables.
    Teen NPC competitor.

Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

This is the last time I address you because you are a complete idiot! Not from what you post but the fact that you have no true knowledge to the point I do but have balls the size of elephants to negate me. Thats the true definition of immaturity.

Five things are needed for glycogen to cross the cell membrane and if in doubt just ask anyone who attempts to carb up for a show without them and theyll tell you the same thing. They had a problem restoring glycogen to the muscle.

Water
    Amino Acids
    Sodium(within the small intestines)
    Minerals
    FAT......

Maybe someday youll answer my question instead of thinking we just forgot. Remember, THOUSANDS of people read my posts so many know you have dodged it. Just curious though. How many e mails daily do you get with people from around the world looking for guidance and to PAY you for your knowledge.

Better yet maybe someday youll stop hiding behind fake pics of pros and post one of yourself. NOT! Because youll never warrant the physique....Sad but true and its due to your way of thinking. Ive got pics froim just 2 yrs of training winning my class at an NPC event. I guarantee you have more than two years under your belt and cant even post a pic let alone compete and dominate...
    although i agree with this, post your pics. all i have seen is that one shitty pic of you that everyone posts. if you are so great then put up bigger pics then your tiny ones you have up...
    Teen NPC competitor.

Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

Ever hear of Atkins??? Insulin is the main factor in storing fat.

Extra protein will ONLY turn to glucose whjen carbohydrate intake is so limited that the body is forced to make Glucose from amino acids.
    What about it? Pretty sure it's not a widely used bodybuilding diet. Still waiting for your study on how more spread out meals are superior to smaller meals......

lol i'm not gonna argue with you on this. your broscience amazes me at times. yes extra protein can be stored as fat, but nonetheless it is converted first.
    Teen NPC competitor.

Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

Without a single gram of fat theres no way these nutients will cross the cell membrane and seat into the muscle as well. Also never use fruits of any kind as a PWO carb since fructose will only fill the liver and blood and is more of a performance carb not a glycogen replenishing carb as it doesnt have the ability to enter the muscle.
    you act as if digestion happens immediately after intake, if he had fats pre workout like most do, that should indeed be efficient. but i do agree a bit of fat after working out is ideal.
    Teen NPC competitor.

Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

Quote Originally Posted by wakingmalice View Post
    although i agree with this, post your pics. all i have seen is that one shitty pic of you that everyone posts. if you are so great then put up bigger pics then your tiny ones you have up...
    Post my pics???? If by now you dont know my reputation as a bodybuilder I'm sorry for you. Do over 10 firsts and 4 overalls qualify?....lol

I hope you realize I was competing before you were even born....Hpwever still being a bit wet behind the ears might be an issue as well.

you act as if digestion happens immediately after intake, if he had fats pre workout like most do, that should indeed be efficient. but i do agree a bit of fat after working out is ideal.
    Never mind....VERY wet behind the ears.

Never mind....VERY wet behind the ears.
    your reputation as a bodybuilder? nope never heard of you. I only hear of bodybuilders that are good. not ones that are afraid to post pics. I guarantee if i asked any national level bodybuilder or even regional or any guy winning 4 overalls to post pics to prove himself, he would be eager to prove me wrong.

still broscience bra. digestion doesnt happen in 10 minutes like you think. even whey takes 2.5-3 hours to digest.
    Teen NPC competitor.

Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

Quote Originally Posted by johngorman View Post
    you know what man, i shouldnt have been such a dick. so, sorry for that the other day.

i still think your pwo meal is way too much, but that's your deal. if i were you though and you wanted feedback i'd post your meal over in Layne's thread and see what he thinks about it being too much or right for someone like you. if anyone on here is a protein expert, Layne is the man. you never know he might be able to show you a better combo to get the best bang out of your buck if you know what i mean.

hey man it's cool i get it sometimes. It's life. Layne is a good guy but has different philosophies for offseason weight then i do. but i do believe he has his competitors eat whole meals post workout. I'm cutting down all my calories though, for one reason it's gonna be summer and I want to be leaner and do a slower bulk, and for another i'm 17 and pay for almost all my own food, car, insurance, phone, and anything else i need or want and this economy is just kickin my ass.
    Teen NPC competitor.

Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

walking malice i wouldnt even bother responding to tipsta.

hardheaded and argumentative in the worst way possible, stating his opinions and theories as established facts and trying to earn soe kind of "genius guru" status through internet posts. ahah.

LMAO....Trying to earn? Tell that to the hundreds of Emailers who are prepping each year or trying to combat diabetes. I know, I know, they Email you too....

Better yet tell that to ther 32,0000 viewers in the Glucose Disposal Thread that I'm responsible for bringing to the table here. Not to mention the other GDA threads that evolved.
    Last edited by Tipsta; February 14th, 2009 at 06:17 PM.

Nah man. i'm used to that kind of stuff. everybody at my age does think they know everything.

creatine is a steroid, after all. < sarcasm.

Nope lol. not sure who Davies is. Jim Machak actually. jimmachak.com.

1. 120 g of oatmeal, 1 scoop of casein, 3 whole eggs
    2. one tuna can, 2 pieces wheat toast
    3. same as post workout, except no whey or milk.
    4. peanut butter and jelly sandwhich
    5. 70 grams brown rice, 308 g of whole fat cottage cheese, 1 scoop whey (pre workout)
    6. post workout, you know this
    7. if i get to it, 120 g of cottage cheese, 3 egg whites
    8. 1 scoop casein (UP 2.0) and 10 oz of whole milk.

well it's not all that it cracks up to be. some girls dont like it, too big, women love it, too young, and everybody knows everything about what i'm doing wrong apparently even though i'm the most muscular in the area at my age (not cocky, just truth). An example of this, yesterday i got told by a kid that benches and curls more times then i eat in a day, that whey protein was going to shrink my dick and i needed to get off of it ASAP

Needing 5000 cals and optimal 5000 cals are different. even before Jim i had always believed in getting big in the offseason, no matter fat gain. It seems like at my age that since i can loose it so fast, why not take advantage of the quicker muscle gains that come from extra fat being stored. when i'm a bit older, this will change, especially being natural. But, those egg whites are jsut enough calories. I believe in eating a lot, but i count everything and i have enough fat for the day so i leave the yolks out.

Give me a fucking break already!!!!

When did eating get so complicated? We've been doing it for thousands of years.

Just eat alot of meat and be done with it..............

Quote Originally Posted by droppingplates View Post
    Give me a fucking break already!!!!

When did eating get so complicated? We've been doing it for thousands of years.

Just eat alot of meat and be done with it..............
    Cmon guy. It cant be that easy. Can it?.....LMAO

to you!

Dedicated Noob

So what would you guys recommend someone new to this be taking PWO?

Typical whey+high GI carbs for a while and see what happens?

Cmon guy. It cant be that easy. Can it?.....LMAO

to you!
    i dont see anything about my diet that is complicated except simple nutrient timing basis.

and if you think that if you just eat meat you'll do well in the sport, then that explains why you havent.
    Teen NPC competitor.

Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

i dont see anything about my diet that is complicated except simple nutrient timing basis.

and if you think that if you just eat meat you'll do well in the sport, then that explains why you havent.
    Can I push buttons or what!

You guys make this shit way too easy.....LMAO

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast