Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What you take in immediately after resistance exercise..?

Voters
419. You may not vote on this poll
  • A mix of protein hydrolysate (eg whey) plus high-glycemic carbs (eg dextrose, malto)

117 27.92%
  • Intact whey protein (eg WPC, WPI) plus high GI carbs

112 26.73%
  • Intact whey protein plus lower GI carbs (eg. oat)

40 9.55%
  • Whey hydrolysate or intact whey protein without carbs

53 12.65%
  • Essential amino acids + high-glycemic carbs

50 11.93%
  • Just regular food.. post-exercise shakes are for losers!

47 11.22%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Post-Exercise Nutr/Supp

Quote Originally Posted by wakingmalice View Post
    i dont see anything about my diet that is complicated except simple nutrient timing basis.

and if you think that if you just eat meat you'll do well in the sport, then that explains why you havent.

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering you're built like my 15 year old neice, you might want to listen to someone other than yourself, cause judging by your pics, you don't know what the fuck you're doing, unless you're going for the Ethiopian look, in which case I'd call you Milos.

Dr Pangloss

Ok guys stay on topic and quit insulting one another. you win an argument with reasoning and evidence, not ad hominem.

Quote Originally Posted by droppingplates View Post
    Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering you're built like my 15 year old neice, you might want to listen to someone other than yourself, cause judging by your pics, you don't know what the fuck you're doing, unless you're going for the Ethiopian look, in which case I'd call you Milos.

Please dont stoop down to my level....One of me is enough on this board.....LOL

Dont you remember when you were a teen? You knew it all!!!
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Please dont stoop down to my level....One of me is enough on this board.....LOL

Dont you remember when you were a teen? You knew it all!!!

I didn't start lifting till I was 30. If I started when he did, I'd be a fucking monster by now. Pisses me off that I got into it so late. And I've never used PH's or any of that shit. Just being russian, polish and ukranian helps I guess.

I think it's funny he thinks I compete or train for looks. I lift heavy and eat alot, but clean. That's all you need.

All that scrawny little fucker needs to do is eat two double whoppers with cheese everyday and he'll get big. He wants to get big and ripped at the same time and you can't do it.

Even I know that.............

I didn't start lifting till I was 30. If I started when he did, I'd be a fucking monster by now. Pisses me off that I got into it so late. And I've never used PH's or any of that shit. Just being russian, polish and ukranian helps I guess.

I think it's funny he thinks I compete or train for looks. I lift heavy and eat alot, but clean. That's all you need.

All that scrawny little fucker needs to do is eat two double whoppers with cheese everyday and he'll get big. He wants to get big and ripped at the same time and you can't do it.

What many dont know is that there are several stages of life where the body converts to using different macros. From birth through puberty the body utilizes fats as the body is changing hormonally. As we enter our 20's we begin to utilize carbs more so as we are no longer preparing for puberty. As we age our ability to utilize carbs diminishes (Syndrome X/Insulin resistance) and fats become more of a fuel source once again.

So many newbie teens dont realize this and follow mainstream FITNESS protocols.

What many dont know is that there are several stages of life where the body converts to using different macros. From birth through puberty the body utilizes fats as the body is changing hormonally. As we enter our 20's we begin to utilize carbs more so as we are no longer preparing for puberty. As we age our ability to utilize carbs diminishes (Syndrome X/Insulin resistance) and fats become more of a fuel source once again.

I just think that eating moderate, healthy meals 5-6 days a week, with no white.........like table sugar, HFCS, white bread.......cept after a workout, lots of beef and chicken with some tuna and mayo...............along with a good cheat day will give you consistent gains. If prepping for a show, just up your cardio and have a smaller cheat day. I can't deal with whole grain, but whole grain white is a decent substitute. I also like baked Dorito's, Sunchips and Andy Capps with my WF and I'll also sneak in a day where I skip dinner then have a big breakfast and shit like that. I work nights and I think it boosts metabolism cause I'm running all night when I should be sleeping, instead of storing fat sleeping.

For someone else, it might just make em fat. Lift a lotta weight and eat alotta food. And avoid take out and fried shit. Moderation is key, but you need fats and some oils fo good test levels.

I also take Tribosten. Great shit.

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!

good one. lol not sure how i look ethiopian but i suggest you take care of you gyno
    Teen NPC competitor.

Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

source? I understand as you get older insulin resistance comes, but as a kid I'm not seeing that in any of the high metabolism teens around me. of course fats are important, but are you trying to tell me it is best to be in keto as a teen? because that, by personal experience, is false.
    Teen NPC competitor.

Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

lmfao please stop. you are arrogant and extremely ignorant. A couple whoppers a day? o god help the person you help train. Obviously you cant get big and ripped at the same time. which explains why i'm 235 at 16-17% bodyfat right now.
    Teen NPC competitor.

Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

source? I understand as you get older insulin resistance comes, but as a kid I'm not seeing that in any of the high metabolism teens around me. of course fats are important, but are you trying to tell me it is best to be in keto as a teen? because that, by personal experience, is false.

Source? I cant remember yesterday so trying to remember 20 yrs ago is impossible.

Its not the metabolism, its the ability to utilize fats because of their age as I've stated. No I'm not suggesting keto at all. I'm suggesting high carbs, high fat and enough protein to feed you nutritionally 100% which wont be as much as you may have been led to believe due to the fats and carbs which are extremely protein sparing.

I'm not here to battle you but to help you as I was once where you are.

Now if you dont care to take my information thats fine but there's no need to show your maturity level through attacks of any sort.

It really wasnt you but it was candidate who hides behind a fake pic..Cmon do the math... All I did was explain how glycogen crosses the cell membrane utilizing 5 different things and fats being one of them.

Now you can do as I do every time I learn something technical like this and put it into your tool box or not. The choice is yours.

Also, As you see I'm co promoter of an NPC event and I am looking for teens to sponsor to compete. Any interest just email me. Expenses included.

lmfao please stop. you are arrogant and extremely ignorant. A couple whoppers a day? o god help the person you help train. Obviously you cant get big and ripped at the same time. which explains why i'm 235 at 16-17% bodyfat right now.
    Is that pic current in your profile?

Is that pic current in your profile?
    no. was under 200 lbs then. and it was back in last july.
    Teen NPC competitor.

Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

Source? I cant remember yesterday so trying to remember 20 yrs ago is impossible.

Its not the metabolism, its the ability to utilize fats because of their age as I've stated. No I'm not suggesting keto at all. I'm suggesting high carbs, high fat and enough protein to feed you nutritionally 100% which wont be as much as you may have been led to believe due to the fats and carbs which are extremely protein sparing.

I'm not here to battle you but to help you as I was once where you are.

Now if you dont care to take my information thats fine but there's no need to show your maturity level through attacks of any sort.

It really wasnt you but it was candidate who hides behind a fake pic..Cmon do the math... All I did was explain how glycogen crosses the cell membrane utilizing 5 different things and fats being one of them.

Now you can do as I do every time I learn something technical like this and put it into your tool box or not. The choice is yours.

Also, As you see I'm co promoter of an NPC event and I am looking for teens to sponsor to compete. Any interest just email me. Expenses included.
    I was not attacking you. I just wanted a scientific source of some sort, it would be interesting to see a study done on that or some sort of proof, because in honesty if that was found to be true, I might consider changing up some of my clients who are a bit youngers diets a bit. I get plenty of fat. wouldnt consider it "High" but enough.
    Teen NPC competitor.

Writer/promoter
    JackedWithoutJuice.com

I was not attacking you. I just wanted a scientific source of some sort, it would be interesting to see a study done on that or some sort of proof, because in honesty if that was found to be true, I might consider changing up some of my clients who are a bit youngers diets a bit. I get plenty of fat. wouldnt consider it "High" but enough.
    Im very surprised this isnt quite obvious to you. The problem is we dont realize this till we hit about 30 when we all say........ Remember when I could drink a case of beer and a eat a whole pizza every weekend and never gain weight.

You do know breast milk is incredibly high in fat, right? You do know hormones are produced in direct response to cholesterol, right? You do know cholesterol is produced in response to SATURATED fats, right?

Heres great response from someone in the "best supplement ever" thread.

I've made more changes to my physique with roids than with anything else, so I guess you could say fats b/c steroids are cholesterol derived and cholesterol is a lipid and lipids are in the fat category

Under 200 in August of 08 and 6 months later @ 235 on the diet you mentioned? Yeah, right. How much for that bridge you're selling!!!!!!

Ha!!!!

Your ass is dripping. Get your bullshit straight and get your facts together.

In your profile pics you look like a buck fifty tops.
    No wonder I thought you were emmaciated.

And I'm not a trainer, ok? Why the fuck does everyone think I'm trying to be a fitness trainer????? I lift for the fun of it, not to compensate for shortcomings elsewhere, like you obviously do.

'

I I get plenty of fat. wouldnt consider it "High" but enough.

This is a serious question. If its not that "high" but enough. How did you get to 17%.

50g WPI/WPC blend + 1 cup oats, approx 45-50g carbs. No need for Hi GI carbs PWO (especially 80+grams!!) or at any other time throughout the day IMO

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast