Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What you take in immediately after resistance exercise..?

Voters
419. You may not vote on this poll
  • A mix of protein hydrolysate (eg whey) plus high-glycemic carbs (eg dextrose, malto)

117 27.92%
  • Intact whey protein (eg WPC, WPI) plus high GI carbs

112 26.73%
  • Intact whey protein plus lower GI carbs (eg. oat)

40 9.55%
  • Whey hydrolysate or intact whey protein without carbs

53 12.65%
  • Essential amino acids + high-glycemic carbs

50 11.93%
  • Just regular food.. post-exercise shakes are for losers!

47 11.22%
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Exercise Nutr/Supp

Default Post-Exercise Nutr/Supp

Post-Exercise nutr/supp poll..

I voted for whey hydrolysate + high GI carbs, although I do sip on an EAA mix during training (sometimes with carbs, sometimes without, depending on workout volume)

i drink size-on (carbs) + eaa during and been taking wpi + oats immediately post-workout

i always do size on and bcaas during workout and follow it up with at least 60 grams dex and 50 grams hydrolized whey with leucine

vitargo...whey protein...bcaas creatine...my freind knows the guy who has the european rights to vitargo...i get unlimited supplies!!!whoohoooo lol

WPC/WPI mix alone here. I see no benefits for me to add high GI carbs PWO. The research isnt convincing in that context to me (alot of over hype marketing to me). Plus Im not an ectomorph so extra cals are bad news for me. Why waste calories on Waxy Maze when I could eat REAL food something I LIKE during after if I was to eat a carb.

I think it was on superhuman radio where some expert (i forgetthe name) was like your not gonna burn 100G+ grams of carbs in a 1 hour weight training session so why take this HIGH calorie carb drinks all the time. Unless your doing a sport like say Baskletball/football etc where you at a pratice + lifting etc your not really using and needign those calories. to me this is confirmed with Dave Plaumbo's deit where he uses 50G of carbs a day at the least to keep you at ketosis but fueling glycogen stores so its not really lost. I say all that to say CARBS for the NON ectomorph I believe should be a IN vs OUT. The AVG lifting session ur not during much more than maybe 50-75G carbs tops so no need for MASSIVE loads of it.

Plus even on top of that Ive seen articles too that show the glycogen refill procoess doesnt JUST happen after workout but can keep going up until the next day.

The supplement market and magazines just make it seem like you lift and OMG UR SUPER CATABOLIC STOP IT buy my WHEY + WAXY MAZIE else your muscles will waste away and/or you wont grow.

I think thats just bullshit.

Right on bro. I am such a non believer in all this PWO supplement bullshit.
    I drink a BCAA, Luecine, glutamine mixture while training. Immediately after training, i sit in my car and eat solid food.

~RR

Quote Originally Posted by Geminon View Post
    Plus even on top of that Ive seen articles too that show the glycogen refill procoess doesnt JUST happen after workout but can keep going up until the next day.

Precisely! But the supplement companies want you to believe growth occurs immediately, as well as the glycogen refill process.

~RR

WPC/WPI mix alone here. I see no benefits for me to add high GI carbs PWO. The research isnt convincing in that context to me (alot of over hype marketing to me). Plus Im not an ectomorph so extra cals are bad news for me. Why waste calories on Waxy Maze when I could eat REAL food something I LIKE during after if I was to eat a carb.

I think it was on superhuman radio where some expert (i forgetthe name) was like your not gonna burn 100G+ grams of carbs in a 1 hour weight training session so why take this HIGH calorie carb drinks all the time. Unless your doing a sport like say Baskletball/football etc where you at a pratice + lifting etc your not really using and needign those calories. to me this is confirmed with Dave Plaumbo's deit where he uses 50G of carbs a day at the least to keep you at ketosis but fueling glycogen stores so its not really lost. I say all that to say CARBS for the NON ectomorph I believe should be a IN vs OUT. The AVG lifting session ur not during much more than maybe 50-75G carbs tops so no need for MASSIVE loads of it.

The supplement market and magazines just make it seem like you lift and OMG UR SUPER CATABOLIC STOP IT buy my WHEY + WAXY MAZIE else your muscles will waste away and/or you wont grow.

I think thats just bullshit.
    This has got to be one of the most intelligent posts I've ever read here. This is exactly the facts but to try and teach this heard of cattle is impossible. I say heard because it seems thats how they are. Like cattle following each other blindly.

The man you speak of was Chuck Rudolph of scivation.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Future

If I could stomach solids right after training I would go for it. But I like my protein shake in rice milk after some BCAA's and Regeneration X.

Grape Juice with Creatine

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

I take 3 scoops of myomax
    scitec nutrition
    over 45

Quote Originally Posted by FUTURE View Post
    If I could stomach solids right after training I would go for it.
    I know what you mean. After training quads,or even back, it's not easy to do.
    My PWO meal is always eggwhites, and sweet potato.So it's on the lite side. There have been times when I was far to green to eat ,and had to get a shake from the juice bar.

~RR

voted fro whey hydro and Hi Gl carbs. Best results with this so far.
    Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
    F.I.T. Corps

Unless your doing a sport like say Baskletball/football etc where you at a pratice + lifting etc your not really using and needign those calories.

Yes and carbs in recovery drink are especially good also for those doing another gym session same day or sprinting etc (at least if you do not get carbs soon from the normal meals soon). For muscle protein synthesis response they are not important as was shown by Rene Koopman in AJP last year.

good old kool-aid or gatorade

CliftonThomas

The only thing you need for post workout nutrition.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast