Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How much you take in carbs daily..? (MAX. FAT LOSS)

Voters
503. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 60 grams (a ketogenic diet)

181 35.98%
  • About 100 grams

96 19.09%
  • 100-150 grams

96 19.09%
  • 150-200 grams

95 18.89%
  • AM, this poll sucked!

35 6.96%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Carbs and fat loss

Less than 60 grams!

About 50-100grams.

I generally stay at 20 or less while dieting. my workouts don't change during dieting, I still lift heavy but I also take long rests between sets, always have. I've been doing keto like diets for so long that my body has become acclimated to the depletion of carbs. I tend to eat higher fat foods though, I suspect that's the only reason I don't shut down during workouts? I definitely don't progress as fast while dieting, but I don't seem to lose strength either? I gain weight rapidly when I eat large quantities of carbs, but I can lose it just as fast. I don't understand, in theory my diet and my routine shouldn't coincide at all but for me it just works? maybe someone could tell me why?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    No, lift after at least one meal. U need fuel to lift and the point of lifintg weights is not to burn fat but to add muscle.
    intermittent fasting proves this statement wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Npeart View Post
    Can you gys explain to me how you have any energy and look "full" on carbs this low? I could not get through a workout with my carbs this low. Not to mention, I'd look flat as a pancake. What gives?
    caffine
    can i snap kick you in the face?

Right now I'm eating around 250g carbs a day while losing weight..
    You just have to time it right in my opinion, I have all my carbs at breakfast and pre-workout only.

I didnt vote because it depends on where you are at in your prep
    Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
    F.I.T. Corps

^Good post. Not only that, it depends on your metabolism, size, insulin sensitivity/resistance, and other factors.
    TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
    www.fitcorps.net

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    ^Good post. Not only that, it depends on your metabolism, size, insulin sensitivity/resistance, and other factors.
    Hence the reason I say this must be the FIRST thing that gets addressed before any attempt to manipulate fat or muscle.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Quote Originally Posted by midgetmuscle View Post
    Right now I'm eating around 250g carbs a day while losing weight..
    You just have to time it right in my opinion, I have all my carbs at breakfast and pre-workout only.
    Why would you eat 125 grams of carbs at a sitting only twice a day when you will undoubtedly get better insulin control/fat loss by breaking that same amount evenly over every meal? Better yet eat 1.5 after training and .5 at the last meal?

As one progresses into their diet the carbs should decrease. The body adapts to any diet, especially during a calorie deficit. The absolute best plan I have found is to start out with low carbs (carb cycling) and progress to ketosis (no carbs). I firmly believe in 8 weeks max for any ketogenic diet!

Same rule applies with cardio-start out with shorter durations of HIIT and end up with longer bouts on low-moderate intensity cardio during carb depletion.

I hope this helps!
    AUTHOR OF THE "SLINGSHOT TRAINING SYSTEM"

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    As one progresses into their diet the carbs should decrease. The body adapts to any diet, especially during a calorie deficit. The absolute best plan I have found is to start out with low carbs (carb cycling) and progress to ketosis (no carbs). I firmly believe in 8 weeks max for any ketogenic diet!

Same rule applies with cardio-start out with shorter durations of HIIT and end up with longer bouts on low-moderate intensity cardio during carb depletion.

I hope this helps!

Actually the complete opposite is true for me and as most know I DONT rely on the restricted carbs to utilize fat but do my cardio in the range that utilizes fat. At first I have the carbs I eat PLUS the fat on my body to fuel myself. As the fat lessens the caloric deficit becomes greater and the weight begins to drop at at higher rate which forces me to increase my carbs. Most know I advocate the highest amount of carbs possible to keep as much fullness as possible while utilizing the super low impact cardio to burn fat as a fuel.

90% or more actually do the opposite and use the restricted carbs to the point they cause increased glucogenesis. This is where dieting wothout a safety net (ANABOLICS) becomes quite risky.

more than 200 thats just i9n morning and after noon lol

Good topic! I been battling carbs right now. My daily meals are consist of rice. I have been cutting my carb intake three fold. The reason I say that is I don't know how to measure carb intake. How the heck you do this? The only fat part is my stubborn belly fat. It's not that big but big enough to pissed me off.

Nobody

For me it veries, my carbs stay about 70 but can go as low as 40 garms per day. Dont get me wrong one day a week i eat about 150 grams for leg day but to some people this still is not enough..... never the less my average weight stays at 220- 225 and i compete at 195 and im 5ft 9in

Spotter

Should have included another group for those of us who do carb cycling.

Quote Originally Posted by ILiftBig View Post
    Should have included another group for those of us who do carb cycling.
    I always get a kick out of protocols that are used to fix a problem become a staple in dieting. Cycling was and should be used for when the metabolism starts to adapt to an ONGOING program. NEVER decrease your carbs!!!! Always increase your duration of cardio and LESSEN its intensity. A proper program will call for more carbs as the diet goes on. Reason being is at first you have two fuel sources. One is the food we eat and the second is the fat on our body. Once the fat lessens so does the overall caloric content and causes the need to replace the fat lost with carbs. IF done right. Fat lost and carbs eaten should have NO relevance to one another since the proper rate for cardio is a rate that uses no glycogen and only fat as long as insulin has been at bay long enough but thats another thread in itself, so the amount of carbs eaten will have no relevance to the amount of fat lost.

If one uses a rate of cardio that doesnt burn fat but uses glycogen then he or she will be forced to drop the carbs immensely to cause the body to tap fat through depleted carbs. Thats just catabolic and anorexic by nature, Thats 1970's!!!

99% of guys who post here cause their metabolisms to fail so bad they are down to less than 50 grams carbs at some point. The biggest sign of a destroyed metabolism is the rebound everybody talks of. The only rebound one should get is about 3 to 5 pounds of water from the depletion of water and that should last for maybe 3 to 5 days. After that you should look like you did a week out unless your diet was altered to extremes which is absurd in itself since it takes MONTHS to get into shape.
    Last edited by Tipsta; February 8th, 2009 at 12:06 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast